Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    White House ballroom project gets a court reprieve

    August 22, 2026

    Sinner’s US Open campaign ends before it begins

    August 22, 2026

    At least 13 Tunisians missing as migrant boat headed for Italy capsizes | Migration News

    August 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Login
    22Media22Media
    Subscribe
    • Home
    • News
      • Pakistan News
      • World News
      • Amazing News
      • Only On 22
    • Sports
    • Bussiness
    • Innovation
      • Health & Sciences
      • Technology
    • Culture
      • Crime & Justice
      • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Magazines
    • Weather
    • Video
    • Live
    22Media22Media
    Home»News»World News»Zelenskiy heads to Saudi Arabia ahead of crunch US talks
    World News

    Zelenskiy heads to Saudi Arabia ahead of crunch US talks

    22febdm@gmail.comBy 22febdm@gmail.comMarch 10, 2025No Comments4 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman meets with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, June 12, 2024. — Reuters
    Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman meets with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, June 12, 2024. — Reuters
    • Ukraine’s Zelenskiy to meet Saudi crown prince.
    • Crunch Ukraine-US talks to follow on Tuesday.
    • US envoy eyes framework for peace and initial ceasefire.

    President Volodymyr Zelenskiy travels to Saudi Arabia to meet Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman on Monday, ahead of talks between Ukrainian and US officials on ending the war with Russia at an increasingly precarious moment for Kyiv.

    The United States, once Ukraine’s main ally, has upended its wartime policies in its stated pursuit of a rapid end to the fighting, engaging directly with Moscow while cutting off military assistance and intelligence sharing for Kyiv.

    Zelenskiy is expected to meet the Saudi crown prince, whose country has played various mediating roles since Russia’s 2022 invasion, including brokering prisoner exchanges and hosting talks between Russia and the United States last month.

    Tuesday’s talks between US and Ukrainian officials — the first official meeting since a disastrous Oval Office encounter between Zelenskiy and US President Donald Trump — are expected to focus on a bilateral minerals deal and how to end the war.

    Under huge pressure from Trump, who wants the war ended at lightning speed, Zelenskiy has been at pains to show they are on the same page, despite failing to win US security guarantees that Kyiv sees as vital for any peace deal.

    Zelenskiy has said he will not attend Tuesday’s talks with US officials and that the Ukrainian delegation will include his chief of staff, his foreign and defence ministers and a top military official in the presidential administration.

    “On our side, we are fully committed to constructive dialogue, and we hope to discuss and agree on the necessary decisions and steps,” Zelenskiy said in a post on X.

    Ukrainian President Volodomyr Zelenskys post on social media platform X, March 8, 2025. — X@ZelenskyyUa
    Ukrainian President Volodomyr Zelensky’s post on social media platform X, March 8, 2025. — X@ZelenskyyUa

    “Realistic proposals are on the table. The key is to move quickly and effectively.”

    US officials said they were planning to use the meeting with the Ukrainians in part to determine whether Kyiv is willing to make material concessions to Russia to end the war.

    “You can’t say ‘I want peace,’ and, ‘I refuse to compromise on anything’,” one of the officials said of the upcoming talks.

    A second US official said: “We want to see if the Ukrainians are interested not just in peace, but in a realistic peace.”

    Trump said on Sunday that he expected good results out of the upcoming talks, adding that the United States had “just about” ended a suspension of intelligence sharing with Kyiv.

    Framework for an agreement

    Trump special envoy Steve Witkoff, who has been arranging the talks, has said the idea is to “get down a framework for a peace agreement and an initial ceasefire as well”.

    Zelenskiy has called for a truce in the air and at sea, as well as a prisoner exchange, in what he says could be a test of Russia’s commitment to ending the war.

    Moscow has rejected the idea of a temporary truce, which has also been proposed by Britain and France, saying it was a bid to buy time for Kyiv and prevent its military collapse.

    Zelenskiy has also said Kyiv is ready to sign the minerals deal with the US, which would create a joint fund from the sale of Ukrainian minerals. Washington says it is crucial to secure continued US backing.

    With US support in question, Zelenskiy has been urging his European allies to ramp up their support as Kyiv’s battlefield position deteriorates and it faces mounting pressure to retreat from Russia’s Kursk region.

    Ukrainian troops that stormed into the Kursk region last summer are nearly surrounded by Russian forces, open source maps show.

    Russia holds around a fifth of Ukraine’s territory, including Crimea which it annexed in 2014, and its troops are also pressing in the eastern Donetsk region, having ramped up drone and missile strikes on cities and towns far from the front.

    Russia has launched 1,200 aerial guided bombs, nearly 870 attack drones and more than 80 missiles at Ukraine in the past week alone, Zelenskiy has said.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    22febdm@gmail.com
    • Website

    Related Posts

    At least 13 Tunisians missing as migrant boat headed for Italy capsizes | Migration News

    August 22, 2026

    US judge strikes down Trump immigrant visa ban affecting 75 countries | Migration News

    August 22, 2026

    Peru rescues people trapped by landslides on highway for nearly a week | Floods News

    August 22, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Demo
    Our Picks
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    Don't Miss
    Crime & Justice

    White House ballroom project gets a court reprieve

    By 22febdm@gmail.comAugust 22, 20260

    WASHINGTON: President Donald Trump’s $400 million White House ballroom project received a temporary boost Friday…

    Sinner’s US Open campaign ends before it begins

    August 22, 2026

    At least 13 Tunisians missing as migrant boat headed for Italy capsizes | Migration News

    August 22, 2026

    Jonas Brothers share honest review of Olivia Rodrigo’s new album

    August 22, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    22Media
    Facebook Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    © 2026 22Media. Designed by AleemSoft Hub.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?