Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Inundated Philippine communities seek answers over flood control funds | Climate Crisis News

    August 22, 2026

    Chris Hansen ditches ‘Primetime’ screening after major fight

    August 22, 2026

    White House ballroom project gets a court reprieve

    August 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Login
    22Media22Media
    Subscribe
    • Home
    • News
      • Pakistan News
      • World News
      • Amazing News
      • Only On 22
    • Sports
    • Bussiness
    • Innovation
      • Health & Sciences
      • Technology
    • Culture
      • Crime & Justice
      • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Magazines
    • Weather
    • Video
    • Live
    22Media22Media
    Home»Innovation»Technology»Sinner’s US Open campaign ends before it begins
    Technology

    Sinner’s US Open campaign ends before it begins

    22febdm@gmail.comBy 22febdm@gmail.comAugust 22, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    NEW YORK: The US Open has lost its top-ranked star before the tournament even begins, with Jannik Sinner announcing Friday that a persistent right knee injury will keep him out of the year’s final Grand Slam.

    The 2024 champion made the difficult decision after testing his fitness on hard courts in Monte Carlo and determining that he still needs more time to recover. The injury has already forced him to miss preparation tournaments in Toronto and Cincinnati this month.

    Sinner has been managing the knee problem since winning his second Wimbledon title in July. Although he returned to training and worked closely with his team and medical staff, recent sessions showed that he was not yet ready to compete at the highest level.

    “Even though I have been working hard with my team and my medical staff, we have now had to make the difficult decision that I will not be able to compete at the US Open this year,” Sinner said in a statement.

    The withdrawal is a major blow for the tournament and for Sinner, who was preparing to return to New York as the defending champion. His absence also removes one of the leading contenders from a Grand Slam event where he had hoped to build on his previous success.

    Read More: Jannik Sinner beats Zverev to win second straight Wimbledon title

    Sinner said the decision was particularly difficult because of his connection with the tournament and its fans.

    “I’m obviously very sad and disappointed, as New York has a special place in my heart,” he said. “I was very much looking forward to coming back and playing in the electric atmosphere in front of the great fans there.”

    The Italian star had already been forced to skip tournaments in Toronto and Cincinnati earlier this month because of the injury. He later resumed training in Monte Carlo to assess whether his knee had recovered sufficiently for the hard-court season.

    After several days back on court, Sinner and his medical team concluded that more recovery time was necessary.

    “We have been back on court in Monte Carlo over the last couple of days and have realised that I still need more time to recover from my right knee issue,” Sinner said.

    Sinner is now expected to focus on rehabilitation rather than risk worsening the injury by returning too soon. The decision prioritizes his long-term fitness as he works toward a full recovery and a return to competition.

    His withdrawal comes as a significant setback for the world No. 1, who had entered the tournament among the strongest favorites. For Sinner, however, the immediate priority is clear: recover fully before stepping back onto the court.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    22febdm@gmail.com
    • Website

    Related Posts

    InDrive licence suspended for six months over violations

    August 21, 2026

    Petrol and diesel prices increased further in Pakistan

    August 21, 2026

    Mark Zuckerberg buys grand Irish estate with 11-bedroom castle

    August 21, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Demo
    Our Picks
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    Don't Miss
    World News

    Inundated Philippine communities seek answers over flood control funds | Climate Crisis News

    By 22febdm@gmail.comAugust 22, 20260

    Al Jazeera’s Jamela Alindogan reports from Northern Philippines where inundated communities are demanding answers. Residents…

    Chris Hansen ditches ‘Primetime’ screening after major fight

    August 22, 2026

    White House ballroom project gets a court reprieve

    August 22, 2026

    Sinner’s US Open campaign ends before it begins

    August 22, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    22Media
    Facebook Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    © 2026 22Media. Designed by AleemSoft Hub.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?