Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Chris Hansen ditches ‘Primetime’ screening after major fight

    August 22, 2026

    White House ballroom project gets a court reprieve

    August 22, 2026

    Sinner’s US Open campaign ends before it begins

    August 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Login
    22Media22Media
    Subscribe
    • Home
    • News
      • Pakistan News
      • World News
      • Amazing News
      • Only On 22
    • Sports
    • Bussiness
    • Innovation
      • Health & Sciences
      • Technology
    • Culture
      • Crime & Justice
      • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Magazines
    • Weather
    • Video
    • Live
    22Media22Media
    Home»News»World News»At least 13 Tunisians missing as migrant boat headed for Italy capsizes | Migration News
    World News

    At least 13 Tunisians missing as migrant boat headed for Italy capsizes | Migration News

    22febdm@gmail.comBy 22febdm@gmail.comAugust 22, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Thousands of people have died since 2014 trying to cross the Mediterranean Sea and reach Europe.

    Published On 22 Aug 202622 Aug 2026

    At least 13 Tunisians are missing after a boat carrying migrants sank off the Tunisian coast while sailing towards Italy, according to a migrant rights group.

    Two people were rescued from the boat, which set off early on Thursday, Mostafa Abdelkebir, the head of the Tunisian Observatory for Human Rights, said on Saturday.

    Recommended Stories

    list of 3 itemsend of list

    One of the two survivors told rescuers on board a local boat that they had been stranded at sea for hours after their vessel capsized. The second survivor was in critical condition, said Abdelkebir, whose group monitors migration issues.

    Tunisia was once a major departure point for migrants attempting to reach Europe, but the number of people attempting the crossing from Tunisia has declined sharply in the last two years amid a crackdown and tighter maritime controls supported by the European Union.

    The North African country had also been a key departure point for people from across Africa seeking to reach Europe, many of them travelling in overcrowded or unseaworthy boats.

     

    Tunisia-EU deal faces criticism

    In July, 46 rights groups, including Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch, issued a joint statement criticising the EU’s 2023 deal with Tunisia to curb migration.

    The deal provides Tunisia with funding to carry out EU border control in the country, and this has led to “reckless and violent interceptions at sea” of refugees, “collective and summary expulsions”, and “fueled and normalized serious human rights violations”, the groups said.

    They called on the EU to suspend funding for migration and ⁠border-control activities involving Tunisian security forces.

    The International Organization for Migration estimates that more than 35,000 people have gone missing in the Mediterranean since 2014.

    The Tunisian Observatory for Human Rights has previously estimated that about 10,000 Tunisians have gone missing at sea attempting to cross to Europe since 2011.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    22febdm@gmail.com
    • Website

    Related Posts

    US judge strikes down Trump immigrant visa ban affecting 75 countries | Migration News

    August 22, 2026

    Peru rescues people trapped by landslides on highway for nearly a week | Floods News

    August 22, 2026

    Iranian president says time to end war with US from ‘position of strength’ | US-Israel war on Iran News

    August 22, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Demo
    Our Picks
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    Don't Miss
    Entertainment

    Chris Hansen ditches ‘Primetime’ screening after major fight

    By 22febdm@gmail.comAugust 22, 20260

    Chris Hansen ditches ‘Primetime’ screening after major fightChris Hansen went to watch Robert Pattinson’s new…

    White House ballroom project gets a court reprieve

    August 22, 2026

    Sinner’s US Open campaign ends before it begins

    August 22, 2026

    At least 13 Tunisians missing as migrant boat headed for Italy capsizes | Migration News

    August 22, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    22Media
    Facebook Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    © 2026 22Media. Designed by AleemSoft Hub.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?