Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Rain delays start of Day 2 in England-Pakistan first Test

    August 20, 2026

    Emma Willis stunned by Strictly’s James Bond level secrecy

    August 20, 2026

    More than 100 killed in mine collapse in Central African Republic

    August 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Login
    22Media22Media
    Subscribe
    • Home
    • News
      • Pakistan News
      • World News
      • Amazing News
      • Only On 22
    • Sports
    • Bussiness
    • Innovation
      • Health & Sciences
      • Technology
    • Culture
      • Crime & Justice
      • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Magazines
    • Weather
    • Video
    • Live
    22Media22Media
    Home»News»Pakistan News»NPC demands high-level inquiry into police assault on journalists
    Pakistan News

    NPC demands high-level inquiry into police assault on journalists

    22febdm@gmail.comBy 22febdm@gmail.comOctober 7, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Police personnel assault journalists after storming National Press Club in Islamabad, on October 2, 2025. — Geo News
    Police personnel assault journalists after storming National Press Club in Islamabad, on October 2, 2025. — Geo News
    • Talal Chaudhry assures approval of journalists’ demands.
    • NPC demands report submission within four days of probe.
    • PM, interior minister ordered full probe into police assault.

    The National Press Club’s (NPC) Joint Action Committee on Tuesday handed over a charter of demands to the Ministry of Interior, following the recent police attack, violence against journalists, and vandalism at the club premises in Islamabad.

    The issue stems from the Islamabad police’s raid at the NPC during a protest organised by the Awami Action Committee last Thursday.

    Police personnel manhandled journalists who began documenting the events with photos and videos. Visuals showed police personnel snatching journalists’ cameras and mobile phones.

    The charter of demands calls for ensuring the security of press clubs across the country in light of the recent incident, according to the NPC’s statement.

    Minister of State for Interior Talal Chaudhry affirmed that the government had received the demands and assured the committee that they would be approved.

    Chaudhry said that, in accordance with the charter, the government would take steps to guarantee that police officers must obtain permission from the administration before entering any press club.

    He added that the government had already condemned and apologised for the attack on the National Press Club and continues to do so.

    Chaudhry further said that the prime minister, interior minister, and information minister had expressed deep concern over the incident. He added that PM and the security czar had also ordered a full investigation.

    The charter of demands urged that those responsible for the attack be identified and brought to justice through strict legal action.

    It called for the immediate formation of a high-level inquiry committee comprising representatives from the Interior Ministry, the Information Ministry, and journalists nominated by the NPC.

    Furthermore, the committee will assess the damages suffered by reporters, video journalists, and photographers who were targeted during the violence.

    The NPC demanded that the interior ministry issue a notification for the formation of the inquiry committee within 24 hours, while the probe body must present its report within four days.

    The assault on the NPC triggered widespread condemnation, with journalists’ organisations issuing a joint statement describing it as an attack on press freedom and part of a wider campaign against journalists.

    Following the incident, State Minister Chaudhry had issued an apology for the assault on journalists at the NPC and assured the media fraternity that the government would implement all the demands put forward by the journalists.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    22febdm@gmail.com
    • Website

    Related Posts

    ‘It takes two to tango’: PM Shehbaz extends olive branch to opposition

    August 20, 2026

    SC returns govt’s review plea against Imran Khan’s hospital transfer order

    August 20, 2026

    Syrian FM in Pakistan to discuss bilateral ties, regional and int’l developments

    August 20, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Demo
    Our Picks
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    Don't Miss
    Sports

    Rain delays start of Day 2 in England-Pakistan first Test

    By 22febdm@gmail.comAugust 20, 20260

    Covers are spread across the ground and pitch as rain delays day two of the…

    Emma Willis stunned by Strictly’s James Bond level secrecy

    August 20, 2026

    More than 100 killed in mine collapse in Central African Republic

    August 20, 2026

    Punjab announces free hockey kits for schools

    August 20, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    22Media
    Facebook Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    © 2026 22Media. Designed by AleemSoft Hub.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?