Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Naomi Watts to receive Zurich Film Festival honour

    August 20, 2026

    TikTok eyes money transfers straight from DMs

    August 20, 2026

    Messi honors late father with emotional goal

    August 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Login
    22Media22Media
    Subscribe
    • Home
    • News
      • Pakistan News
      • World News
      • Amazing News
      • Only On 22
    • Sports
    • Bussiness
    • Innovation
      • Health & Sciences
      • Technology
    • Culture
      • Crime & Justice
      • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Magazines
    • Weather
    • Video
    • Live
    22Media22Media
    Home»News»World News»Zelensky says wants to ‘make things right’ with Trump after aid halt
    World News

    Zelensky says wants to ‘make things right’ with Trump after aid halt

    22febdm@gmail.comBy 22febdm@gmail.comMarch 4, 2025No Comments4 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Republican presidential nominee and former US President Donald Trump and Ukraines President Volodymyr Zelenskiy meet at Trump Tower in New York City, US, September 27, 2024. — Reuters
    Republican presidential nominee and former US President Donald Trump and Ukraine’s President Volodymyr Zelenskiy meet at Trump Tower in New York City, US, September 27, 2024. — Reuters

    President Volodymyr Zelensky on Tuesday said he wanted to “make things right” with Donald Trump and work under the US president’s “strong leadership” to secure a lasting peace in Ukraine, AFP reported.

    In his first public comments since Trump halted US military aid to Ukraine, Zelensky said his public bust-up with Trump last week was “regrettable” and pledged to sign a key minerals deal with Washington.

    He also called for a “truce” in the sea and sky as a first step to ending the three-year war with Russia.

    A dramatic collapse in the Kyiv-Washington wartime alliance has played out in the open since a televised dispute between Zelensky and Trump in the Oval Office last week, mounting as Ukraine’s top ally suspended crucial military aid.

    “My team and I stand ready to work under President Trump’s strong leadership to get a peace that lasts,” Zelensky wrote on X.

    “Our meeting in Washington, at the White House on Friday, did not go the way it was supposed to be,” the Ukrainian leader added. “It is time to make things right.”

    He told Ukrainians in his regular evening address he had instructed his defence and intelligence chiefs to contact their US counterparts to “get official information” on the aid freeze.

    Trump’s stunning decision Monday to halt assistance to Ukraine deepened fears in Kyiv and many European capitals that America was pivoting away from its allies — and towards Russia.

    Moscow hailed Trump’s decision, with Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov calling it a “solution which could really push the Kyiv regime to a peace process”.

    The European Union, which — along with Ukraine — is excluded from US-Russian negotiations towards a potential truce, has been scrambling to bolster support for Kyiv.

    French President Emmanuel Macron praised Zelensky for his willingness to “re-engage in dialogue” with Trump, his office said.

    Still, Europe is fearing for the future of US-European defence cooperation.

    European Commission chief Ursula von der Leyen presented an EU plan to mobilise some 800 billion euros ($840 billion) for Europe’s defence.

    Germany’s likely next chancellor, Friedrich Merz, meanwhile said he would support the immediate approval of a three -billion-euro Ukraine aid package held up in parliament, calling it “urgent”.

    The EU on Thursday is to hold an emergency summit aimed at cementing joint European support for Ukraine.

    Stab in the back

    Ordinary Ukrainians speaking to AFP were shocked at what they viewed as a betrayal by Trump.

    “It’s like a stab in the back,” a 33-year-old financial assistant in Kyiv who gave only her first name, Sofia, told AFP.

    Trump “wants Ukraine’s surrender, the deaths of our people, the surrender of our territories,” army volunteer Sergiy Sternenko said on Telegram.

    Poland’s government noted that America’s decision was made without consulting NATO allies, and the impact was already being seen at a weapons and aid logistics hub for Ukraine it hosts.

    “Reports coming in from the border, as well as from our hub confirm the announcements made by the American side,” Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk said.

    French Prime Minister Francois Bayrou told lawmakers in Paris that “entire trains” carrying US supplies for Ukraine “are being stopped and prevented from reaching their destination”.

    The US pause impacts hundreds of millions of dollars of weaponry in the process of being sent to Ukraine, The New York Times reported.

    Troops on the ground?

    Last week, Zelensky visited Washington to sign the multi-billion-dollar minerals deal — but that fell through after his showdown with Trump and Vice President JD Vance.

    Zelensky said Tuesday that Kyiv was ready to sign a deal giving the United States preferential access to Ukraine’s natural resources and minerals at “any time and in any convenient format”.

    Ukraine is also seeking tough security guarantees for an end to the war.

    With the United States opposing its bid to join NATO, Kyiv is turning to other, Western-backed measures.

    After weekend crisis talks in London, Britain and France are investigating how to propose a one-month Ukraine-Russia truce — potentially backstopped by troops on the ground.

    Vance, in an interview with Fox News on Monday, mocked the idea of “some random country that has not fought a war in 30 or 40 years” sending soldiers to Ukraine. That prompted angry responses from French and British politicians.

    Vance insisted Tuesday he had not mentioned France or Britain, and said both had “fought bravely” alongside the United States over the past two decades.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    22febdm@gmail.com
    • Website

    Related Posts

    How conflict is making life more expensive for Iranians | Inflation

    August 20, 2026

    Max Verstappen signs new F1 contract with Red Bull until 2030 | Motorsports News

    August 20, 2026

    Netanyahu warns Israel will not tolerate Turkish military presence in Syria | Recep Tayyip Erdogan

    August 20, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Demo
    Our Picks
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    Don't Miss
    Entertainment

    Naomi Watts to receive Zurich Film Festival honour

    By 22febdm@gmail.comAugust 20, 20260

    Naomi Watts to receive Zurich Film Festival honourNaomi Watts is adding another major honor to…

    TikTok eyes money transfers straight from DMs

    August 20, 2026

    Messi honors late father with emotional goal

    August 20, 2026

    PTI seeks swift implementation of Supreme Court hospital order

    August 20, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    22Media
    Facebook Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    © 2026 22Media. Designed by AleemSoft Hub.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?