Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    ISPR slams ‘Bollywood-style’ Op Sindoor documentary, as military success

    August 18, 2026

    Hichilema wins second term as president of copper-rich Zambia | African Union

    August 18, 2026

    Katie Price’s husband Lee Andrews’ ‘biggest lie ever’ exposed

    August 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Login
    22Media22Media
    Subscribe
    • Home
    • News
      • Pakistan News
      • World News
      • Amazing News
      • Only On 22
    • Sports
    • Bussiness
    • Innovation
      • Health & Sciences
      • Technology
    • Culture
      • Crime & Justice
      • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Magazines
    • Weather
    • Video
    • Live
    22Media22Media
    Home»News»Pakistan News»Vawda claims ex-ISI chief Faiz Hamid going to testify against Imran Khan
    Pakistan News

    Vawda claims ex-ISI chief Faiz Hamid going to testify against Imran Khan

    22febdm@gmail.comBy 22febdm@gmail.comDecember 11, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Senator Faisal Vawda addresses the press conference at National Press Club, Islamabad, May 10, 2023. — Online
    Senator Faisal Vawda addresses the press conference at National Press Club, Islamabad, May 10, 2023. — Online
    • Senator Vawda says PTI founder next in accountability.
    • Adds ex-COAS Bajwa showed “negligence, incompetence”.
    • Asif says further cases could be filed against ex-ISI chief.

    Senator Faisal Vawda claimed on Thursday that court-martialled former ISI chief Lt Gen (retd) Faiz Hamid was going to testify against Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) founder Imran Khan, which would intensify legal troubles for the latter.

    Vawda, a former PTI leader, made the claims while speaking on Geo News programme “Aaj Shahzeb Khanzada Kay Sath”, said that Hamid will also present evidence against the incarcerated ex-premier.

    The Field General Court Martial (FGCM) sentenced the former top spy to 14 years of rigorous imprisonment earlier today “on four charges related to engaging in political activities, violation of the Official Secret Act,” according to the Inter-Services Public Relations.

    He insisted the PTI founder appeared firmly “caught in the legal squeeze” stemming from the May 9 cases, warning that the process would intensify.

    The May 9 events refer to the 2023 riots that were triggered by the arrest of PTI founder from the premises of Islamabad High Court (IHC) in a graft case.

    During the protests, the miscreants targeted the civil and military installations, including the Corps Commander’s House in Lahore and the General Headquarters (GHQ) in Rawalpindi.

    “The grip of the law will not stop here,” he remarked, adding that Hamid’s 14-year sentence “will not be reduced”.

    Vawda further alleged that providing details of military installations ahead of the May-9 events “was Faiz Hamid’s responsibility”.

    “Once the matter is clear, the first number is that of PTI and its founder,” he stated.

    Discussing the role of former army chief Gen Retired Qamar Javed Bajwa, Vawda said Bajwa had shown “negligence and incompetence”, but later attempted to remove Hamid after realising the implications.

    However, he said Bajwa had been deemed “exonerated”, meaning “there will be no action against him”.

    Speaking in the same programme, Defence Minister Khawaja Asif alleged that the May 9 events were a “joint plan” involving the former ISI chief and the PTI founder.

    He claimed the violence was aimed at “overturning the appointment of Field Marshal Asim Munir”.

    Asif said the PTI founder “could not have carried out May 9 [riots] alone”, asserting that Hamid had retained influence even after retirement. He added that further cases could still be filed against him.

    The minister argued that the civilian authority to appoint the army chief had never been challenged in the past, but insisted that former army chief Bajwa had used pressure and issued threats to block the appointment of Munir.

    He further claimed that Bajwa initially pushed for Hamid to become the army chief, and later proposed other names to alter the process.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    22febdm@gmail.com
    • Website

    Related Posts

    ISPR tears apart ‘Bollywood-style’ Op Sindoor documentary, says India cannot rewrite defeat

    August 17, 2026

    Pakistan rejects Indian home minister’s allegations linking Islamabad to arrests in India

    August 17, 2026

    Pakistan assumes presidency of UN Conference on Disarmament

    August 17, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Demo
    Our Picks
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    Don't Miss
    Crime & Justice

    ISPR slams ‘Bollywood-style’ Op Sindoor documentary, as military success

    By 22febdm@gmail.comAugust 18, 20260

    Pakistan’s armed forces rejected India’s portrayal of Operation Sindoor as a military success, accusing New…

    Hichilema wins second term as president of copper-rich Zambia | African Union

    August 18, 2026

    Katie Price’s husband Lee Andrews’ ‘biggest lie ever’ exposed

    August 18, 2026

    Thousands mourn Jason Arday in London, blaming ‘racist’ press for his death | Racism

    August 18, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    22Media
    Facebook Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    © 2026 22Media. Designed by AleemSoft Hub.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?