Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Excessive video gaming raises concerns over children’s daily lives

    August 20, 2026

    Israel is betting on Islamophobia to save its standing in the West | Islamophobia

    August 20, 2026

    ICC revokes demerit point awarded to Gaddafi Stadium pitch

    August 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Login
    22Media22Media
    Subscribe
    • Home
    • News
      • Pakistan News
      • World News
      • Amazing News
      • Only On 22
    • Sports
    • Bussiness
    • Innovation
      • Health & Sciences
      • Technology
    • Culture
      • Crime & Justice
      • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Magazines
    • Weather
    • Video
    • Live
    22Media22Media
    Home»Innovation»Technology»Two Pakistani sailors’ remains arrive after Red Sea attack
    Technology

    Two Pakistani sailors’ remains arrive after Red Sea attack

    22febdm@gmail.comBy 22febdm@gmail.comAugust 20, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    KARACHI: The deadly Red Sea attack that claimed the lives of two Pakistani sailors has brought the crew home, with their remains arriving in Karachi alongside injured sailors returning for medical treatment, officials and sources said Thursday.

    The bodies of Umair Afzal, a resident of Landhi, and Muhammad Akram, from the Manzil Pump area, arrived at Jinnah International Airport from Jeddah on Saudi Airlines flight SV700, according to airport sources.

    Three injured crew members Abid Ali, Muhammad Rizwan and Muhammad Waheed were also flown to Karachi on Pakistan International Airlines flight PK-762.

    Airport sources said representatives of the Saudi Embassy and senior Pakistani government officials received the bodies and injured sailors upon their arrival.

    Read More: Three Pakistanis killed in Houthi attack on Red Sea vessel

    Other Pakistani crew members injured in the attack were transported to Islamabad, where arrangements were made for their medical treatment and further assistance.

    The sailors were serving aboard the Tanzania-flagged commercial vessel Tihamah, which came under attack by Yemen’s Houthi rebels in the Red Sea on Aug. 11.

    Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Ishaq Dar said in a post on X that six Pakistani sailors injured in the attack had safely returned to Pakistan. He also confirmed the repatriation of the remains of the two sailors who were killed.

    Dar said relevant authorities had been instructed to ensure the safe, dignified and prompt repatriation of the deceased sailors.

    He praised the Pakistani Consulate General in Jeddah and the Embassy of Pakistan in Riyadh for helping arrange the sailors’ return and the repatriation of the bodies. He noted that Pakistan does not have a diplomatic mission in Yemen.

    The foreign minister also thanked the Federal Investigation Agency for facilitating the sailors’ arrival and Saudi Arabia’s Foreign Ministry for providing medical assistance and helping with arrangements in Jeddah.

    Pakistan had earlier condemned the attack on the commercial vessel, saying attacks on civilian shipping endanger innocent lives and violate international law.

    Dar expressed condolences to the families of the deceased and said Pakistan remained committed to providing all possible assistance to the injured sailors and their families.

    He also stressed the importance of protecting the safety and security of seafarers as commercial vessels continue to face security risks in the Red Sea.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    22febdm@gmail.com
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Excessive video gaming raises concerns over children’s daily lives

    August 20, 2026

    PTI seeks swift implementation of Supreme Court hospital order

    August 20, 2026

    BTS member ‘Jimin’ breaks the internet with sweet kiss for young cancer patient

    August 20, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Demo
    Our Picks
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    Don't Miss
    Technology

    Excessive video gaming raises concerns over children’s daily lives

    By 22febdm@gmail.comAugust 20, 20260

    Excessive video gaming is raising concerns among experts as children spend more time online, potentially…

    Israel is betting on Islamophobia to save its standing in the West | Islamophobia

    August 20, 2026

    ICC revokes demerit point awarded to Gaddafi Stadium pitch

    August 20, 2026

    Taylor Swift fans on high alert after new ‘TS’ logo spreads across cities

    August 20, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    22Media
    Facebook Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    © 2026 22Media. Designed by AleemSoft Hub.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?