Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Punjab announces free hockey kits for schools

    August 20, 2026

    China jails Evergrande founder for life

    August 20, 2026

    Minnie Driver breaks silence on her ‘near-death experience’

    August 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Login
    22Media22Media
    Subscribe
    • Home
    • News
      • Pakistan News
      • World News
      • Amazing News
      • Only On 22
    • Sports
    • Bussiness
    • Innovation
      • Health & Sciences
      • Technology
    • Culture
      • Crime & Justice
      • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Magazines
    • Weather
    • Video
    • Live
    22Media22Media
    Home»News»World News»Trump administration deports over 200 Venezuelans despite court order
    World News

    Trump administration deports over 200 Venezuelans despite court order

    22febdm@gmail.comBy 22febdm@gmail.comMarch 17, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Salvadoran police escort alleged members of the Tren de Aragua. — Reuters/File
    Salvadoran police escort alleged members of the Tren de Aragua. — Reuters/File 

    The Trump administration has deported over 200 Venezuelans from the United States to a sprawling prison in El Salvador, even as a federal judge ordered their return to the US, Reuters reported.

    The White House said in a statement that it wasn’t defying the court but at the same time argued that it was perfectly within its rights to ignore the judge’s ruling.

    “A single judge in a single city cannot direct the movements of an aircraft carrier full of foreign alien terrorists who were physically expelled from US soil,” White House press secretary Karoline Leavitt said in a statement.

    A federal judge in Washington, DC, had earlier blocked President Donald Trump’s application of the Alien Enemies Act, an 18th-century law best known for its use in rounding up US residents of Japanese descent and placing them in internment camps without trial during World War II.

    Trump had sought to use the Act’s seldom-used wartime powers to rapidly deport alleged members of Tren de Aragua, a Venezuelan gang that has been linked to kidnapping, extortion and contract killings.

    In a Saturday evening hearing, US District Judge James Boasberg blocked the use of the law for 14 days, saying the statute refers to “hostile acts” perpetrated by another country that are “commensurate to war.”

    During the hearing, Boasberg said that any flights carrying migrants processed under the law should return to the US His written notice hit the case docket at 7:25 pm.

    “Oopsie… Too late,” El Salvador’s President Nayib Bukele posted to the social media site X above a headline, “Fed judge orders deportation flights carrying alleged Venezuelan gangbangers to return to the US.”

    Bukele followed the comment by a laughing-so-hard-I’m-crying emoji. His statement was reposted by US Secretary of State Marco Rubio, who later thanked Bukele for his “assistance and friendship.”

    In a court filing on Sunday, the Trump administration said that “some” of the Venezuelans had already been removed from the United States before the judge’s order, but did not provide any further detail or comment. It was not clear how many people it represented or under what circumstances they had been deported.

    The American Civil Liberties Union, which challenged Trump’s use of the act, has asked the administration to ensure that it has not removed any migrants in violation of the order, lead ACLU attorney Lee Gelernt told Reuters.

    “If anyone was turned over to a foreign government after the court’s order, then we would hope that the United States government would work with that foreign government to get the individuals back,” Gelernt said.

    The US Department of Homeland Security, the State Department and the Salvadoran government did not respond to requests for comment.

    The 238 men — alleged members of the Venezuelan gang — were being transferred to the Terrorism Confinement Center – a mega-prison, that can hold up to 40,000 inmates — for a one-year period that could be renewed, Bukele said.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    22febdm@gmail.com
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Funeral for 50 Palestinians recovered from Gaza rubble | Gaza News

    August 20, 2026

    Bangladesh’s government under pressure as youth demand jobs

    August 20, 2026

    Israel is betting on Islamophobia to save its standing in the West | Islamophobia

    August 20, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Demo
    Our Picks
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    Don't Miss
    Politics

    Punjab announces free hockey kits for schools

    By 22febdm@gmail.comAugust 20, 20260

    The Sports Board Punjab has announced plans to provide hockey equipment and kits to schools…

    China jails Evergrande founder for life

    August 20, 2026

    Minnie Driver breaks silence on her ‘near-death experience’

    August 20, 2026

    Funeral for 50 Palestinians recovered from Gaza rubble | Gaza News

    August 20, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    22Media
    Facebook Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    © 2026 22Media. Designed by AleemSoft Hub.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?