Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Vanessa Williams recalls ‘Ugly Betty’s’ rocky early days

    August 18, 2026

    Pakistan’s missing link in FDI: Engaging the private sector

    August 18, 2026

    ISPR slams ‘Bollywood-style’ Op Sindoor documentary, as military success

    August 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Login
    22Media22Media
    Subscribe
    • Home
    • News
      • Pakistan News
      • World News
      • Amazing News
      • Only On 22
    • Sports
    • Bussiness
    • Innovation
      • Health & Sciences
      • Technology
    • Culture
      • Crime & Justice
      • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Magazines
    • Weather
    • Video
    • Live
    22Media22Media
    Home»News»Pakistan News»Simla Agreement lost its ‘sanctity’ due to India’s unilateral actions: Asif
    Pakistan News

    Simla Agreement lost its ‘sanctity’ due to India’s unilateral actions: Asif

    22febdm@gmail.comBy 22febdm@gmail.comJune 5, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Defence Minister Khawaja Asif. — Facebook/@khawajaAsifofficial/File
    Defence Minister Khawaja Asif. — Facebook/@khawajaAsifofficial/File 

    Defence Minister Khawaja Asif said on Thursday that the 1972 Simla Agreement between Pakistan and India has lost its “sanctity” due to New Delhi’s unilateral actions, including the suspension of the Indus Waters Treaty (IWT).

    “The [Simla] agreement was bilateral […] as no third party or the World Bank was involved,” Asif told Geo News, maintaining that the Line of Control (LoC) would convert into a ceasefire line in the absence of the bilateral treaty.

    The Simla Agreement was signed after the third war between the two countries in 1971 and lays down principles meant to govern bilateral relations, including respect for a ceasefire line in Kashmir.

    His statement came after New Delhi’s announcement to unilaterally terminate the Indus Waters Treaty (IWT) followed by unprovoked attacks inside Pakistan last month, which led to the military clashes between the two nuclear-armed neighbours.

    The last month’s military confrontation between the two countries was triggered by last month’s attack in Indian Illegally Occupied Jammu and Kashmir (IIOJK) that left 26 tourists dead, with India blaming Pakistan for the attack without offering any evidence.

    Pakistan’s armed forces had launched a large-scale retaliatory military action, named “Operation Bunyan-um-Marsoos”, and targeted several Indian military targets across multiple regions.

    Pakistan downed its six fighter jets, including three Rafale, and dozens of drones. After at least 87 hours, the war between the two nuclear-armed nations ended on May 10 with a ceasefire agreement brokered by the United States.

    In a statement today, the defence czar said that Islamabad had already warned that agreements between both countries would hold no significance or value if tensions persist.

    Referring to India’s announcement to pull out of the IWT, Asif clarified that a party could not unilaterally terminate the treaty. He also ruled out the possibility that India could obstruct the flow of water at its own discretion.

    Islamabad also took a diplomatic initiative in response to New Delhi to present Pakistan’s stance and push for peace at the international level following the Pakistan-India conflict.

    Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif tasked former foreign minister and the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) Chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari with leading the delegation to visit global capitals, as well as the United Nations, to expose Indian propaganda.

    The delegation members include federal ministers Dr Musadik Malik, Khurram Dastgir Khan, Senator Sherry Rehman, former minister of state Hina Rabbani Khar, Senator Faisal Sabzwari, former foreign secretary Tehmina Janjua, and former ambassador to the US and EU Jalil Abbas Jilani.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    22febdm@gmail.com
    • Website

    Related Posts

    ISPR tears apart ‘Bollywood-style’ Op Sindoor documentary, says India cannot rewrite defeat

    August 17, 2026

    Pakistan rejects Indian home minister’s allegations linking Islamabad to arrests in India

    August 17, 2026

    Pakistan assumes presidency of UN Conference on Disarmament

    August 17, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Demo
    Our Picks
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    Don't Miss
    Entertainment

    Vanessa Williams recalls ‘Ugly Betty’s’ rocky early days

    By 22febdm@gmail.comAugust 18, 20260

    Vanessa Williams recalls ‘Ugly Betty’s’ rocky early daysVanessa Williams is reflecting on just how little…

    Pakistan’s missing link in FDI: Engaging the private sector

    August 18, 2026

    ISPR slams ‘Bollywood-style’ Op Sindoor documentary, as military success

    August 18, 2026

    Hichilema wins second term as president of copper-rich Zambia | African Union

    August 18, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    22Media
    Facebook Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    © 2026 22Media. Designed by AleemSoft Hub.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?