Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Senior Fifa official Lamour exits after Infantino criticism

    August 18, 2026

    Salma Hayek reveals new born baby’s face in new video

    August 18, 2026

    Trump approval falls to 33% in Reuters/Ipsos poll, the lowest of his presidency

    August 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Login
    22Media22Media
    Subscribe
    • Home
    • News
      • Pakistan News
      • World News
      • Amazing News
      • Only On 22
    • Sports
    • Bussiness
    • Innovation
      • Health & Sciences
      • Technology
    • Culture
      • Crime & Justice
      • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Magazines
    • Weather
    • Video
    • Live
    22Media22Media
    Home»News»Pakistan News»PTI rejected PPP’s repeated offers to form govt, says Musadik Malik
    Pakistan News

    PTI rejected PPP’s repeated offers to form govt, says Musadik Malik

    22febdm@gmail.comBy 22febdm@gmail.comDecember 9, 2025No Comments4 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Federal Minister for Climate Change and Environmental Coordination Musadik Malik gestures as he speaks to reporters in this undated photo. — AFP/File
    Federal Minister for Climate Change and Environmental Coordination Musadik Malik gestures as he speaks to reporters in this undated photo. — AFP/File
    • PPP conveyed readiness to back PTI without conditions.
    • Govt plans to impose ban on party, says PTI’s Shafi Jan.
    • PTI criticised for refusing dialogue opportunities repeatedly.

    Minister for Climate Change Dr Musadik Malik on Tuesday revealed that Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) had repeatedly turned down the Pakistan Peoples Party’s (PPP) offers to help it form the government after the general elections 2024.

    Speaking on Geo News’ programme “Capital Talk”, the minister said that the first offer had come through PPP leader Khurshid Shah, who telephoned PTI leaders and conveyed that the party was willing to vote for them if they wished to form the government.

    “PTI was also told to form government and open Form-45 and Form-47 under its own supervision to verify results,” he said.

    Malik added that another PPP leader, Nadeem Afzal Chan, had separately approached PTI, assuring them of PPP’s unconditional support to help the party take charge. However, PTI rejected this offer as well, he claimed.

    Malik further criticised PTI, saying it neither wanted to form a government nor to run one, and even refused to allow the existing government to function, leaving its intentions unclear. “You do not want to talk to the government and consider people powerless,” he remarked.

    The PTI-backed independent candidates won the most National Assembly seats in the February 8 elections, followed by the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) and the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP).

    However, the PML-N, with the support of the other parties including the PPP formed a coalition government in the Centre.

    The PTI claimed that its mandate had been stolen during elections, an allegation the ruling coalition has denied.

    Commenting on PTI’s stance toward political engagement, Malik — during today’s show — said the party “will have to change its narrative,” adding that “a strange web is being created in which multiple narratives are emerging”.

    He questioned why PTI complained about a lack of dialogue when it refused to talk, saying: “If PTI believes we do not have the authority to negotiate, then what is their grievance?”

    He insisted that PTI was responsible for “the fire it ignited and further intensified,” and that it must also play a role in extinguishing it.

    He recalled that Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif had publicly expressed his willingness on the assembly floor to engage in dialogue with PTI, but the party rejected the offer.

    PM Shehbaz has time and again invited the Imran Khan-founded party to resume its reconciliation talks, with the most recent one being during Pakistan-India’s four-day armed conflict.

    The dialogue between the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N)-led government and the PTI commenced in late December last year after months of heightened political tensions.

    Despite the two sides holding three rounds of negotiations on December 27, 2024, January 2, 2025, and January 16, the dialogue process hit a snag after the PTI refused to continue with the talks, first saying that they had been called off by its incarcerated founder, Imran Khan and then later backtracking and noting that they had only been put on hold.

    ‘Ban on PTI’

    Speaking during today’s programme, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa’s Special Assistant on Information Shafiullah Jan said that meaningful talks required “a conducive environment,” questioning whether trust was possible in the prevailing circumstances.

    He alleged that the federal government had a “complete plan” to impose a ban on PTI, adding that federal ministers were aggressively politicising the May 9 incidents.

    He warned that the government could go as far as filing treason cases and enforcing a party-wide ban.

    A day earlier, Prime Minister’s Adviser on Political Affairs Rana Sanaullah said that treason cases against PTI founder could not be ruled out.

    “We cannot rule out treason case[s] being lodged against the PTI founder,” Senator Sanaullah, a senior PML-N leader and former interior minister, said during an interview on a private broadcaster.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    22febdm@gmail.com
    • Website

    Related Posts

    ISPR tears apart ‘Bollywood-style’ Op Sindoor documentary, says India cannot rewrite defeat

    August 17, 2026

    Pakistan rejects Indian home minister’s allegations linking Islamabad to arrests in India

    August 17, 2026

    Pakistan assumes presidency of UN Conference on Disarmament

    August 17, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Demo
    Our Picks
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    Don't Miss
    Sports

    Senior Fifa official Lamour exits after Infantino criticism

    By 22febdm@gmail.comAugust 18, 20260

    The logo of FIFA is seen in front of its headquarters in Zurich, Switzerland September…

    Salma Hayek reveals new born baby’s face in new video

    August 18, 2026

    Trump approval falls to 33% in Reuters/Ipsos poll, the lowest of his presidency

    August 18, 2026

    Operation Radd-ul-Fitna 3: Nine terrorists eliminated in Balochistan

    August 18, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    22Media
    Facebook Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    © 2026 22Media. Designed by AleemSoft Hub.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?