QUETTA: Security forces stepped up their counterterrorism campaign in Balochistan on Tuesday, killing nine suspected terrorists in two intelligence-based operations targeting militant activity in separate areas of the province.
The operations were conducted in Ziarat-Harnai and Surab under Operation Radd-ul-Fitna 3, with security forces also recovering weapons and other equipment from the targeted sites, according to security sources.
Security forces launched an intelligence-based operation in the mountainous area between Ziarat and Harnai after receiving information about the presence of suspected terrorists.
According to security sources, troops surrounded a militant hideout and carried out an operation that killed eight suspected terrorists. The hideout was also destroyed.
In a separate operation in Hajika village of Surab district, security forces killed another suspected terrorist after tracking militant movement in the area.
Read More: Two suspected militants killed in Balochistan Operation
Security personnel established a cordon between Dasht-Katai and Hajika before locating the suspect, the sources said.
The operation led to the recovery of ammunition, magazines, hand grenades, a walkie-talkie, a motorcycle and other equipment, according to the sources.
The latest operations followed an intelligence-based operation a day earlier in the Killi Zaik area, where security forces killed two suspected terrorists and wounded three others.
The operation was conducted between Killi Zaik and Kaghli, about 12 kilometers north of the Baseema camp, after security personnel received intelligence about militant presence.
An exchange of fire took place during the operation, resulting in the deaths of two suspects and injuries to three others, security sources said.
The back-to-back operations reflect continued intelligence-led efforts by security forces to disrupt militant networks and prevent attacks in Balochistan.

