Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Yungblud shares concert plans with fans after latest leg injury

    August 18, 2026

    Pakistan moves to import 1 million tons of wheat

    August 18, 2026

    China’s Unitree unveils ‘Superman’ robot ahead of Shanghai stock debut

    August 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Login
    22Media22Media
    Subscribe
    • Home
    • News
      • Pakistan News
      • World News
      • Amazing News
      • Only On 22
    • Sports
    • Bussiness
    • Innovation
      • Health & Sciences
      • Technology
    • Culture
      • Crime & Justice
      • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Magazines
    • Weather
    • Video
    • Live
    22Media22Media
    Home»News»Pakistan News»Pakistan locked 20 Indian jets but chose to down only six: Bilawal
    Pakistan News

    Pakistan locked 20 Indian jets but chose to down only six: Bilawal

    22febdm@gmail.comBy 22febdm@gmail.comJune 9, 2025No Comments4 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Former foreign minister Bilawal Bhutto Zardari speaks at an international event in this undated photo. —X/@PPP_Org
    Former foreign minister Bilawal Bhutto Zardari speaks at an international event in this undated photo. —X/@PPP_Org
    • Bilawal leading mission to present Pakistan’s perspective on India war.
    • Delegation is currently in London, will head to Brussels soon.
    • Despite upper hand, Pakistan agreed to truce, seeking dialogue.

    LONDON: Pakistan has called on the world powers to intervene in resolving key issues with arch-rival India amid ongoing tensions following a conflict last month.

    The call was made by former foreign minister and Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) leader Bilawal Bhutto Zardari during his visit to London, where he held several high-profile meetings.

    Bilawal is leading a delegation to present the Pakistani perspective on the recent conflict with India to the world and counter New Delhi’s unproven allegations. As part of its global outreach, the team has visited the United States, is currently in London, and will also head to Brussels.

    The delegation comprises former foreign ministers Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari, Hina Rabbani Khar and Khurram Dastgir; Senators Sherry Rehman, Musadik Malik, Faisal Subzwari and Bushra Anjum Butt; along with senior envoys Jalil Abbas Jilani and Tehmina Janjua.

    Bilawal Bhutto said, speaking to Pakistani media in London: “We had the upper hand [during the conflict]. Despite that upper hand, we agreed to the ceasefire on the condition that there would be further dialogue in the future on all friction points at a neutral location,” Bilawal told reporters in London. When asked whether he thought that the Indian Illegally Occupied Jammu & Kashmir dispute would soon be resolved after the US mediated the ceasefire, Bilawal expressed the hope that “moving forward, Trump or his government will keep its promise” as Pakistan’s defence position was better than India’s during the conflict.

    Bilawal said that Pakistan had locked 20 Indian jets but downed only six and showed restraint for world peace. He said Pakistan won the war against India and showed the world its resilience.

    “We hope that on an international level, whether it’s the United States or the United Kingdom, they all would play their role and convince India to resolve our issues through talks,” he said, adding: “We want talks with India on all issues including Kashmir. The solution to all problems starts from Kashmir.”

    Bilawal said Pakistan had asserted its “strength” by taking down six Indian jets, and now, peace needed to be established. He said those six jets were the “same as those that dropped their payload”, resulting in civilians’ deaths. He said Pakistan had locked 20 Indian jets but showed restraint in the interest of peace.

    He further said that throughout the conflict, the country was seen as a “rational and responsible state”.

    Bilawal spoke at Chatham House and the International Institute for Strategic Studies (IISS).

    Bilawal said at IISS that India’s actions constituted a clear violation of Pakistan’s sovereignty, international law and the United Nations Charter. He reminded that the Kashmir dispute remained the “principal stumbling block to lasting peace and stability in the region”. He reiterated the call for global action to support meaningful dialogue and respect for international commitments.

    Condemning India’s move to unilaterally and illegally hold the Indus Waters Treaty (IWT) in abeyance, Bilawal warned that the “weaponisation of water undermines international norms and sets a perilous precedent” and he called on the international community to take notice of the “alarming development and hold India to account for its actions”.

    “Pakistan is a responsible nuclear state. It has made clear that stopping water will be considered a declaration of war,” he said.

    The delegation also met with the UK’s Middle East minister, Hamish Falconer and his team at the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO), Faisal said on X. Late in the evening, Bilawal and the delegation visited the UK Parliament to meet MPs to present Pakistan’s case.

    Bilawal pointed towards India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s government’s attempt to bend the truth and facts about the recent attacks, saying that India is spreading misinformation and disinformation.

    “India has accused Pakistan of involvement in the Pahalgam attack without any evidence. We had offered an impartial investigation into the Pahalgam incident,” he added.

    On April 22, terrorists killed at least 26 civilians in Pahalgam. New Delhi labelled it an “act of terrorism” orchestrated by Islamabad, a claim denied by leaders in Islamabad.

    The PPP chairman also lauded US President Donald Trump’s mediation efforts to stop a possible war between the two countries.

    “US President’s role in ceasefire is commendable,” he added.

    Earlier on Sunday, the high-level diplomatic delegation reached the UK after concluding a series of positive meetings with the US Congress members and senators in Washington and New York.

    The delegation led by Bilawal was involved in more than 50 meetings over five days to present Pakistan’s stance on regional peace and disputes with India and highlight New Delhi’s provocations and aggression against Islamabad.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    22febdm@gmail.com
    • Website

    Related Posts

    ISPR tears apart ‘Bollywood-style’ Op Sindoor documentary, says India cannot rewrite defeat

    August 17, 2026

    Pakistan rejects Indian home minister’s allegations linking Islamabad to arrests in India

    August 17, 2026

    Pakistan assumes presidency of UN Conference on Disarmament

    August 17, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Demo
    Our Picks
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    Don't Miss
    Politics

    Yungblud shares concert plans with fans after latest leg injury

    By 22febdm@gmail.comAugust 18, 20260

    In 2018, Yungblud performed at a festival in a wheelchair as well after injuring his…

    Pakistan moves to import 1 million tons of wheat

    August 18, 2026

    China’s Unitree unveils ‘Superman’ robot ahead of Shanghai stock debut

    August 18, 2026

    Vessel hit by ‘unknown projectile’ in Strait of Hormuz, UKMTO says | News

    August 18, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    22Media
    Facebook Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    © 2026 22Media. Designed by AleemSoft Hub.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?