Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Role Model, Dakota Johnson part ways after recent collaboration

    August 20, 2026

    Norway quashes 16-year-old fraud case against Umar Farooq Zahoor

    August 20, 2026

    Iranian FM, Pakistani Army Chief discuss regional developments

    August 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Login
    22Media22Media
    Subscribe
    • Home
    • News
      • Pakistan News
      • World News
      • Amazing News
      • Only On 22
    • Sports
    • Bussiness
    • Innovation
      • Health & Sciences
      • Technology
    • Culture
      • Crime & Justice
      • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Magazines
    • Weather
    • Video
    • Live
    22Media22Media
    Home»News»Pakistan News»Mobile, data services restored in Quetta on court’s order: PTA
    Pakistan News

    Mobile, data services restored in Quetta on court’s order: PTA

    22febdm@gmail.comBy 22febdm@gmail.comAugust 21, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    A representational image of a person using a mobile phone. — Reuters/File
    A representational image of a person using a mobile phone. — Reuters/File
    • Mobile, data services restored in parts of Balochistan: PTA
    • Petitioner says internet remains partially down in Quetta.
    • Officials to be summoned again if services not restored: BHC

    In compliance with the orders of the Balochistan High Court (BHC), the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) on Thursday said that mobile and data services had been restored in Quetta, Pishin, Chaman and other cities.

    The development came as the BHC resumed hearing a case regarding the suspension of mobile and internet services in the province. 

    Authorities had suspended mobile internet services in Balochistan’s most districts, including the provincial capital Quetta, on August 6, citing security concerns, scheduled to last until August 31.

    Last week, a petition was filed by the Balochistan’s Consumer Civil Society, arguing that the disruption severely affected online education, hindered business activities, and caused communication difficulties for travellers.

    On August 16, the BHC directed the provincial government to review its blanket suspension of mobile and data services. 

    A two-judge bench of the BHC, comprising Chief Justice Rozi Khan Barrech and Justice Sardar Ahmad Halimi, issued the directives while hearing a petition against the suspension of the mobile and internet services.

    At the outset of today’s hearing, PTA authorities apprised the court that mobile and data services had been restored in some cities.    

    “It may take 2 hours to fully restore mobile and internet services (across the province),” the PTA authorities told the court.            

    The petitioner, Balochistan’s Consumer Civil Society chairman Khair Muhammad, told the court that the mobile phone internet service was not fully restored in Quetta.

    At this, the court remarked: “Concerned officials will be summoned again on August 25 if mobile and internet services are not restored.”

    Meanwhile, the court adjourned the hearing till August 25.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    22febdm@gmail.com
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Heavy rain lashes Islamabad, Rawalpindi as flood-warning sirens wail

    August 19, 2026

    Pakistan extends airspace ban on Indian aircraft until Sept 24

    August 19, 2026

    Torrential rain wreaks havoc in Rawalpindi, Islamabad as Nullah Lai rises

    August 19, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Demo
    Our Picks
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    Don't Miss
    Entertainment

    Role Model, Dakota Johnson part ways after recent collaboration

    By 22febdm@gmail.comAugust 20, 20260

    Role Model and Dakota Johnson call it quits after public declaration of loveDakota Johnson and…

    Norway quashes 16-year-old fraud case against Umar Farooq Zahoor

    August 20, 2026

    Iranian FM, Pakistani Army Chief discuss regional developments

    August 20, 2026

    Pakistan sounds alarm over Israeli strikes on Syrian airbase, demands accountability

    August 20, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    22Media
    Facebook Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    © 2026 22Media. Designed by AleemSoft Hub.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?