Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Inside Blake Lively’s rare message after dealing with legal chaos: ‘Be kind’

    August 18, 2026

    Comfort footwear company steps into lifestyle

    August 18, 2026

    Williams sisters’ long-awaited reunion ends in defeat

    August 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Login
    22Media22Media
    Subscribe
    • Home
    • News
      • Pakistan News
      • World News
      • Amazing News
      • Only On 22
    • Sports
    • Bussiness
    • Innovation
      • Health & Sciences
      • Technology
    • Culture
      • Crime & Justice
      • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Magazines
    • Weather
    • Video
    • Live
    22Media22Media
    Home»News»Pakistan News»Govt initiates process for Shahzad Akbar, Adil Raja’s extradition from UK
    Pakistan News

    Govt initiates process for Shahzad Akbar, Adil Raja’s extradition from UK

    22febdm@gmail.comBy 22febdm@gmail.comDecember 4, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    A collage showing former adviser to PM Shahzad Akbar (left) and Major (retired) Adil Raja. — Geo News/Murtaza Ali Shah
    A collage showing former adviser to PM Shahzad Akbar (left) and Major (retired) Adil Raja. — Geo News/Murtaza Ali Shah
    • “Fake news is a problem for every country,” says Mohsin Naqvi.
    • Stresses Akbar, Raja wanted in Pakistan and should be handed over.
    • “Fully believe in freedom of expression, but fake news is a problem”.

    The federal government has initiated the extradition process for former special assistant to the prime minister Mirza Shahzad Akbar and Major (retd) Adil Raja from the United Kingdom, both of whom are wanted in different cases. 

    The development came during Interior Minister Mohsin Naqvi’s meeting with UK High Commissioner Jane Marriott where the former took up the issue of the extradition of Pakistanis residing illegally in the UK.

    Handing over the extradition papers to the British envoy, Naqvi said that both the individuals are “wanted in Pakistan” and therefore “should be immediately handed over [to Pakistani authorities]”.

    “I fully believe in freedom of expression, but fake news is a problem for every country,” the minister noted as he also presented evidence of Pakistani citizens living abroad involved in spreading propaganda.

    “No country can allow slander and defamation of the state and institutions from abroad,” the security czar remarked while underscoring that Pakistan will “welcome” UK’s cooperation in the extradition of individuals involved in anti-Pakistan propaganda.

    Meanwhile, The Ministry of Interior has also initiated the process of extradition of these individuals via the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA).

    It is pertinent to know that last month, the Pakistan High Commission (PHC) in London  refused to renew the passport of Akbar who previously served as a close aide of ex-PM Imran Khan on interior and accountability and has been living in exile in London since April 2022.

    Akbar, a barrister by profession and former head of the government’s Asset Recovery Unit (ARU), left Pakistan in April 2022, shortly after the ouster of the Khan government.

    His name had been placed on the Exit Control List (ECL) but he managed to leave the country after the Islamabad High Court ordered its removal, ruling that the ban was unlawful.

    Once regarded as Imran’s key anti-corruption czar, Akbar previously served as a special prosecutor with NAB between 2004 and 2008, where he worked on major alleged corruption cases involving Benazir Bhutto, Asif Ali Zardari, and Shahbaz Sharif, who is now the sitting prime minister.

    Meanwhile, Major (retd) Adil Raja, a fugitive YouTuber, accused of anti-Pakistan activities on social media, on the other hand was sentenced under the Pakistan Army Act, 1952 for the charges of inciting sedition among army personnel and violation of the provisions of the Official Secrets Act, 1923 related to espionage and acts prejudicial to the safety and interest of the state back in 2023.

    The retired officer, residing in UK, was convicted and sentenced through Field General Court Martial (FGCM).

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    22febdm@gmail.com
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Pakistan may halt migrant returns if UK forces deportation of Rochdale rapist

    August 18, 2026

    At least nine terrorists killed in separate Balochistan IBOs: security sources

    August 18, 2026

    Supreme Court orders Imran Khan’s transfer to Shifa Int’l Hospital amid health concerns

    August 18, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Demo
    Our Picks
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    Don't Miss
    Entertainment

    Inside Blake Lively’s rare message after dealing with legal chaos: ‘Be kind’

    By 22febdm@gmail.comAugust 18, 20260

    Inside Blake Lively’s rare message after dealing with legal chaos: ‘Be kind’Blake Lively is remembering…

    Comfort footwear company steps into lifestyle

    August 18, 2026

    Williams sisters’ long-awaited reunion ends in defeat

    August 18, 2026

    Deaths mount, trauma sets in as Russia ramps up missile attacks on Ukraine | Russia-Ukraine war News

    August 18, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    22Media
    Facebook Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    © 2026 22Media. Designed by AleemSoft Hub.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?