Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Trevor Nelson reveals shocking brain tumour battle

    August 20, 2026

    Pakistan, Syria discuss political ties, reconstruction and security

    August 20, 2026

    US tightens green card application rules

    August 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Login
    22Media22Media
    Subscribe
    • Home
    • News
      • Pakistan News
      • World News
      • Amazing News
      • Only On 22
    • Sports
    • Bussiness
    • Innovation
      • Health & Sciences
      • Technology
    • Culture
      • Crime & Justice
      • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Magazines
    • Weather
    • Video
    • Live
    22Media22Media
    Home»News»Pakistan News»Foreign scammers operating from Pakistan target people worldwide: sources
    Pakistan News

    Foreign scammers operating from Pakistan target people worldwide: sources

    22febdm@gmail.comBy 22febdm@gmail.comAugust 20, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    A man works with a laptop in this illustration. — Pexels
    A man works with a laptop in this illustration. — Pexels
    • Scope of investigations expanded to PTA, FBR and SECP: sources.
    • Information sought from immigration, passport and visa authorities.
    • FIA, NCCIA, police probe scammers’ financial, digital links.

    ISLAMABAD: A recent probe has found evidence that foreign scam networks operating from Pakistan are allegedly targeting people in various countries worldwide, sources revealed on Thursday.

    The development came days after the Federal Investigation Agency had arrested 284 foreign nationals during a major crackdown on alleged online fraud and other illegal activities, The News reported. 

    After completing legal formalities, all the 284 foreign nationals were directed last week to leave Pakistan within 15 days, subject to possessing valid travel documents and completing all other formalities.

    The sources privy to the matter said that the scope of ongoing cybercrime investigations has been extended to the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA), the Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) and the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP).

    Information is also being sought from immigration, passport and visa authorities, the sources said, adding that the entry, stay and business activities of the foreign nationals, as well as their alleged cybercrime network, are being investigated.

    The sources, quoting an Indonesian scammer who arrived in Pakistan as a chef three months ago, said: “We are a group of nine people, including two Chinese and seven Indonesians.”

    “Our gang earn $80,000 a month through the schemes and targets Indonesian women aged over 40,” he added.

    According to the scammer, the group based in Pakistan had been targeting people abroad.

    The well-informed sources said that the investigation had been expanded to potential victims and network members outside the country.

    The FIA, NCCIA and police are jointly examining financial transactions and digital infrastructure linked to the scammers, the sources added.  

    The sources privy to the matter further said that the federal government has decided to launch a nationwide grand operation against illegal call centres, cyber fraud and explicit content.

    A special task force will operate under the FIA headquarters and submit daily reports on its operations against the call centres to the Interior Ministry, the sources added.

    The task force will investigate extortion, blackmail, gambling and scams, the sources said, adding: “A list of call centres operating in Karachi has also been compiled.”

    All relevant institutions have been directed to fully cooperate with the task force, the sources added. 

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    22febdm@gmail.com
    • Website

    Related Posts

    No deadline on shifting Imran to hospital, awaiting SC order on review plea: PM’s aide

    August 20, 2026

    Parliament passes bills related to military, National Command Authority

    August 20, 2026

    ‘It takes two to tango’: PM Shehbaz extends olive branch to opposition

    August 20, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Demo
    Our Picks
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    Don't Miss
    Entertainment

    Trevor Nelson reveals shocking brain tumour battle

    By 22febdm@gmail.comAugust 20, 20260

    Trevor Nelson reveals shock brain tumour battleTrevor Nelson shared a major health update with his…

    Pakistan, Syria discuss political ties, reconstruction and security

    August 20, 2026

    US tightens green card application rules

    August 20, 2026

    Gunmen seize tanker off Yemen amid resurgence of Somali piracy | Shipping News

    August 20, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    22Media
    Facebook Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    © 2026 22Media. Designed by AleemSoft Hub.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?