Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Pakistan sounds alarm over Israeli strikes on Syrian airbase, demands accountability

    August 20, 2026

    Alarm in South Korea as Iran dispute with Trump shakes a 72-year alliance | US-Israel war on Iran News

    August 20, 2026

    Phoebe Bridgers calls off live shows after birthday eve

    August 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Login
    22Media22Media
    Subscribe
    • Home
    • News
      • Pakistan News
      • World News
      • Amazing News
      • Only On 22
    • Sports
    • Bussiness
    • Innovation
      • Health & Sciences
      • Technology
    • Culture
      • Crime & Justice
      • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Magazines
    • Weather
    • Video
    • Live
    22Media22Media
    Home»News»World News»China pledges ‘countermeasures’ after Trump announces new 10% tariff | International Trade News
    World News

    China pledges ‘countermeasures’ after Trump announces new 10% tariff | International Trade News

    22febdm@gmail.comBy 22febdm@gmail.comFebruary 28, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    China’s Ministry of Commerce accuses Washington of ‘shifting the blame and shirking responsibility’ over opioid crisis.

    China has warned the United States of “countermeasures” after US President Donald Trump announced he would impose new tariffs on Chinese goods in response to the smuggling of fentanyl.

    Trump on Thursday flagged an additional 10 percent duty on Chinese imports while announcing that his proposed 25 percent tariffs on Mexican and Canadian goods would go ahead on March 4.

    Trump said on Truth Social that the new tariff, which would come on top of a 10 percent duty imposed on Chinese goods earlier this month, would be imposed next month in response to the “very high and unacceptable levels” of fentanyl entering the US.

    Hitting back at Trump’s comments on Friday, China’s Ministry of Commerce said Chinese laws on drugs were among the strictest in the world and Washington was “shifting the blame and shirking responsibility”.

    “China urges the US not to repeat its mistakes and to return to the correct path of resolving disputes through equal dialogue as soon as possible,” a ministry spokesperson said in a statement.

    “If the US insists on proceeding with this course of action, China will take all necessary countermeasures to safeguard its legitimate rights and interests.

    “We have repeatedly stated that unilateral tariffs violate World Trade Organization rules and undermine the multilateral trading system,” the spokesperson added.

    More than 74,000 people died from synthetic opioid overdoses in the US in 2023, according to the Centers for Disease Control.

    China is the primary source of the so-called precursor chemicals used to make fentanyl trafficked by Mexican cartels, according to the US Drug Enforcement Administration.

    Beijing has said it has worked with the US to tackle the supply of fentanyl, including by adding fentanyl-related substances to its list of controlled drugs and carrying out “extensive, practical cooperation in the field of drug control”.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    22febdm@gmail.com
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Alarm in South Korea as Iran dispute with Trump shakes a 72-year alliance | US-Israel war on Iran News

    August 20, 2026

    Russian strike kills 3 in Ukraine as Zelenskyy faces pressure at home | Russia-Ukraine war News

    August 20, 2026

    Fears grow in Amazon village as Brazilian drug gangs push into Bolivia | Newsfeed

    August 20, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Demo
    Our Picks
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    Don't Miss
    Technology

    Pakistan sounds alarm over Israeli strikes on Syrian airbase, demands accountability

    By 22febdm@gmail.comAugust 20, 20260

    ISLAMABAD: Pakistan condemned Israeli airstrikes on Syria’s “Abu al-Duhur Airbase” near Aleppo, saying the unprovoked…

    Alarm in South Korea as Iran dispute with Trump shakes a 72-year alliance | US-Israel war on Iran News

    August 20, 2026

    Phoebe Bridgers calls off live shows after birthday eve

    August 20, 2026

    Russian strike kills 3 in Ukraine as Zelenskyy faces pressure at home | Russia-Ukraine war News

    August 20, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    22Media
    Facebook Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    © 2026 22Media. Designed by AleemSoft Hub.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?