Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Hundreds of migrants arrested near Ceuta border in latest crackdown | Migration News

    August 16, 2026

    South Korea’s refusal to fight against Iran prompts Trump to drastically cut joint war games

    August 16, 2026

    Ariana Grande struggles to hold back emotions before break

    August 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Login
    22Media22Media
    Subscribe
    • Home
    • News
      • Pakistan News
      • World News
      • Amazing News
      • Only On 22
    • Sports
    • Bussiness
    • Innovation
      • Health & Sciences
      • Technology
    • Culture
      • Crime & Justice
      • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Magazines
    • Weather
    • Video
    • Live
    22Media22Media
    Home»News»World News»Cairo talks put Trump’s Gaza peace plan to test as Israel resumes airstrikes
    World News

    Cairo talks put Trump’s Gaza peace plan to test as Israel resumes airstrikes

    22febdm@gmail.comBy 22febdm@gmail.comAugust 16, 2026No Comments4 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Palestinians walk past the rubble of residential buildings destroyed during the war in Gaza City, August 15, 2026.— Reuters
     Palestinians walk past the rubble of residential buildings destroyed during the war in Gaza City, August 15, 2026.— Reuters 
    • Trump’s plan calls for immediate cessation of military operations in Gaza.
    • Envoys will meet Netanyahu on Monday, Israeli official says.
    • Israel says it targeted fighters in attacks on Gaza.

    Donald Trump’s envoys met with Egyptian, Qatari and Turkish mediators in Cairo on Sunday, a diplomatic source said, aiming to advance the U.S. president’s Gaza peace plan, even as Israel pressed on with airstrikes in the enclave.

    Hamas officials were present at some of the meetings that mediators held with Trump’s envoy and son-in-law, Jared Kushner, and Trump’s Board of Peace envoy for Gaza, Nickolay Mladenov, the diplomat said.

    A senior Israeli official said Kushner and Mladenov were scheduled to meet on Monday with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who on August 9 said Trump’s latest roadmap for Gaza peace was ‘unacceptable’.

    The official said Israel was concerned about Washington’s demand to end targeted assassinations of Hamas fighters in Gaza as the group rebuilds its forces.

    Trump’s peace plan calls for the immediate cessation of military operations in Gaza. It foresees Hamas disarming as Israeli troops withdraw from the enclave and as Gaza is rebuilt under a new civilian Palestinian administration.

    Israel has resumed airstrikes in the past few days after scaling back its attacks in the enclave earlier this month.

    The Israeli military said on Sunday that its aircraft struck two Islamic Jihad and Hamas fighters in Khan Younis and Nuseirat. At least five Palestinians were wounded in the strike, which hit a tent encampment, medics in the enclave said.

    One of those wounded in the strike on Khan Younis in southern Gaza died from their wounds, medics at Nasser Hospital said later.

    A separate airstrike, which the Israeli military said targeted another fighter, hit an apartment in the Nuseirat camp in central Gaza, wounding several people, medics said.

    Earlier, Hamas leader Khalil Al-Hayya met with Egypt’s intelligence chief Hassan Rashad in Cairo. Hazem Qassem, a Hamas spokesperson in Gaza, said Al-Hayya would brief mediators on what he said were Israel’s ceasefire violations.

    Trump announced last month that there had been a breakthrough in his plan to end the war.

    Hamas said it had agreed to the plan to avoid a resumption of the conflict, but added that implementation of the deal would depend on Israel first meeting its own commitments, including withdrawing its forces and halting attacks.

    Five Arab countries and Turkey, Pakistan and Indonesia condemned Israel’s rejection of the plan, saying in a joint statement on Sunday that it threatens Trump’s efforts to end the war in Gaza.

    A spokesperson for Netanyahu did not immediately respond to a request for comment on the joint statement.

    Netanyahu’s Likud party, which has been struggling in the polls ahead of an October 27 national election, said in a post on X that the Arab countries want to topple Netanyahu so that his political rivals will “give them everything that they want”.

    Hamas on Sunday called on mediators and the Board of Peace, which was set up as part of Trump’s peace plan, to compel Israel to meet its obligations of the plan’s first phase, end its violations of the ceasefire agreement, and approve the roadmap for the second phase of the plan, according to a statement from the group.

    An October ceasefire halted major fighting in a devastating two-year war in Gaza that was sparked by Hamas’ October 7, 2023, attack on Israel, but it failed to end Israeli attacks entirely.

    Israeli fire has killed more than 1,250 Palestinians in Gaza, most of them civilians, since October 2025. It is unclear how many of those killed were fighters, as Hamas does not usually disclose information about dead fighters. 

    Four Israeli soldiers were killed by fighters in Gaza over the same period, according to Israeli figures.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    22febdm@gmail.com
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Hundreds of migrants arrested near Ceuta border in latest crackdown | Migration News

    August 16, 2026

    South Korea’s refusal to fight against Iran prompts Trump to drastically cut joint war games

    August 16, 2026

    What could stop Israeli settler attacks on Palestinians? | Israel-Palestine conflict News

    August 16, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Demo
    Our Picks
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    Don't Miss
    World News

    Hundreds of migrants arrested near Ceuta border in latest crackdown | Migration News

    By 22febdm@gmail.comAugust 16, 20260

    Nearly 300 migrants and 61 alleged facilitators detained during mass migration attempt.By Reuters and The…

    South Korea’s refusal to fight against Iran prompts Trump to drastically cut joint war games

    August 16, 2026

    Ariana Grande struggles to hold back emotions before break

    August 16, 2026

    What could stop Israeli settler attacks on Palestinians? | Israel-Palestine conflict News

    August 16, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    22Media
    Facebook Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    © 2026 22Media. Designed by AleemSoft Hub.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?