Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Iran warns nearby nations against joining US ‘economic war’ efforts | Conflict News

    August 23, 2026

    Scarlett Johansson shares a surprising beauty secret at 41

    August 22, 2026

    Tropical Storm Moke advances towards Hawaii with heavy rain, strong winds | Weather News

    August 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Login
    22Media22Media
    Subscribe
    • Home
    • News
      • Pakistan News
      • World News
      • Amazing News
      • Only On 22
    • Sports
    • Bussiness
    • Innovation
      • Health & Sciences
      • Technology
    • Culture
      • Crime & Justice
      • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Magazines
    • Weather
    • Video
    • Live
    22Media22Media
    Home»Culture»Entertainment»Alec Baldwin shares what ‘Rust’ creators planned to do after on-set tragedy
    Entertainment

    Alec Baldwin shares what ‘Rust’ creators planned to do after on-set tragedy

    22febdm@gmail.comBy 22febdm@gmail.comApril 14, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Alec Baldwin shares what ‘Rust' creators planned to do after on-set tragedy
    Alec Baldwin shares what ‘Rust’ creators planned to do after on-set tragedy

    Alec Baldwin has revealed that the producers of Rust threatened to sue him if he did not return to complete the film following the 2021 on-set shooting that killed cinematographer Halyna Hutchins, and that he was forced to get back on a horse in Montana despite significant health issues to honour the settlement terms.

    Speaking to The Hollywood Reporter, 13 April, Baldwin, 68, described the full extent of what the tragedy cost him. 

    “It impacted me in every way, financially, career-wise, my wife, my kids, my health,” he said.

    The actor-producer said that returning to finish the film in Montana was a condition of the settlement reached with Hutchins’ widower Matthew. 

    “I had to get up on a horse and go back there to Montana to finish the film, or they were going to sue the s— out of me,” he said.

    Hutchins died at the age of 42 in October 2021 after a gun Baldwin was holding during rehearsals discharged on set in New Mexico, also wounding the film’s writer-director Joel Souza. 

    Baldwin faced an involuntary manslaughter charge, but his July 2024 trial ended when it was dismissed with prejudice after his attorneys argued that prosecutors had withheld evidence.

    Rust was eventually completed with Bianca Cline stepping in as cinematographer and was released in May 2025, dedicated to Hutchins.

    The film stars Baldwin alongside Josh Hopkins, Patrick Scott McDermott, Frances Fisher and Travis Fimmel.

    He has previously spoken about the lasting physical toll of the ordeal, saying last December that the years since the shooting had taken “10 years off my life.” 

    His most pressing concern, he said at the time, remained the impact on his wife Hilaria and their eight children.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    22febdm@gmail.com
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Scarlett Johansson shares a surprising beauty secret at 41

    August 22, 2026

    Netflix icon reveals shocking health battle after ‘Outer Banks’

    August 22, 2026

    Olivia Rodrigo sends fans into frenzy as Daisy Chain Fields draws near

    August 22, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Demo
    Our Picks
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    Don't Miss
    World News

    Iran warns nearby nations against joining US ‘economic war’ efforts | Conflict News

    By 22febdm@gmail.comAugust 23, 20260

    The warning comes as US President Donald Trump threatens to isolate Iran economically, to weaken…

    Scarlett Johansson shares a surprising beauty secret at 41

    August 22, 2026

    Tropical Storm Moke advances towards Hawaii with heavy rain, strong winds | Weather News

    August 22, 2026

    Netflix icon reveals shocking health battle after ‘Outer Banks’

    August 22, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    22Media
    Facebook Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    © 2026 22Media. Designed by AleemSoft Hub.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?