Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Diplo reveals secret birth of one year old daughter

    August 17, 2026

    Ebola outbreak in DR Congo becomes deadliest in country’s history | Ebola News

    August 17, 2026

    Ariana Grande brings out Cynthia Erivo amid performance in London

    August 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Login
    22Media22Media
    Subscribe
    • Home
    • News
      • Pakistan News
      • World News
      • Amazing News
      • Only On 22
    • Sports
    • Bussiness
    • Innovation
      • Health & Sciences
      • Technology
    • Culture
      • Crime & Justice
      • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Magazines
    • Weather
    • Video
    • Live
    22Media22Media
    Home»News»Pakistan News»PTI to hold Karachi rally today after late NOC from Sindh govt
    Pakistan News

    PTI to hold Karachi rally today after late NOC from Sindh govt

    22febdm@gmail.comBy 22febdm@gmail.comJanuary 11, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    The Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) flags can be seen at the rally in this image. — AFP/File
    The Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) flags can be seen at the rally in this image. — AFP/File
    • PTI’s Haleem Adil slams NOC delay by Sindh govt.
    • Says police blocked containers and removed vendors.
    • Sindh LG minister says NOC was delayed by only two to three hours.

    KARACHI: The Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) is set to hold a public rally in Karachi today after brief friction with the Sindh government over the venue and timing.

    Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Chief Minister Sohail Afridi, who is currently in Sindh, announced today’s public rally in the mega city. He arrived in Karachi on Friday on a three-day visit to the province as part of PTI’s street mobilisation movement to mark the first anniversary of the “fraud” February 8 polls held in 2024.

    The gathering will now take place at Jinnah Garden (Bagh-e-Jinnah) later this evening, following the issuance of a no-objection certificate (NOC) by the Sindh administration.

    Rally plans finalised after delay

    PTI’s Sindh president, Haleem Adil Sheikh, said the party would proceed with the rally at Bagh-e-Jinnah after securing official permission.

    He said the PTI had initially announced at 5pm on Friday that the event would be held outside the Mazar-e-Quaid’s public gate. However, the NOC was issued after 6:30pm, leaving organisers with limited time to make arrangements.

    “The late issuance of the NOC created logistical challenges,” he said. “Nevertheless, the rally will take place today as scheduled.”

    Sheikh added that the party had earlier planned street demonstrations, but the provincial government advised the PTI to hold a single public gathering instead of organising road processions.

    “The government itself asked us to avoid rallies on the streets and opt for a public meeting,” he said.

    He also alleged that police removed vendors and prevented containers from reaching the venue, describing the move as an attempt to hinder the rally’s preparations.

    “The Sindh government is trying to portray itself positively by granting permission for the rally,” Sheikh said, in an apparent reference to the late approval.

    Sindh govt plays down tensions

    Sindh Local Government Minister Nasir Hussain Shah said the provincial administration had no intention of obstructing the Imran Khan-led party’s rally.

    “There was only a two to three-hour delay in issuing the NOC,” he said. “If PTI requires chairs, containers, or manpower, we are prepared to facilitate them.”

    He expressed confidence that the party would adhere to the approved venue.

    “There is still sufficient time for the PTI to complete the arrangements. They can hold the rally this evening or later tonight,” he said.

    Shah suggested that PTI should consider postponing the rally by a day to allow more time for preparations.

    “PTI should be given an extra day to organise the rally properly,” he said.

    However, Sindh Home Minister Zia-ul-Hassan Lanjar issued a firm warning that any attempt to hold rallies on roads would not be tolerated.

    “PTI has been granted permission to hold its rally at Bagh-e-Jinnah. No protest will be allowed on the streets,” he said. “The government will not allow anyone to challenge the writ of the state.”

    KP–Sindh CMs’ meeting 

    A meeting between Sindh Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah and his KP counterpart Afridi, scheduled for Saturday, was postponed due to official commitments, sources said.

    Later, Minister Nasir Hussain Shah clarified that the meeting had not been formally fixed for Saturday and is now expected to take place on Monday.

    PTI leaders dismissed claims that the KP chief minister was eager to meet his Sindh counterpart. It is incorrect to say that CM Afridi was desperate for this meeting, said Sheikh, confirming that the meeting will take place on Monday.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    22febdm@gmail.com
    • Website

    Related Posts

    New provinces amendment will come ‘without Rana Sanaullah knowing’, says Kamal

    August 16, 2026

    Schedule for election on eight AJK assembly reserved seats announced

    August 16, 2026

    Dr Paul Bhatti honoured with Tamgha-e-Imtiaz for promoting interfaith harmony

    August 16, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Demo
    Our Picks
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    Don't Miss
    Entertainment

    Diplo reveals secret birth of one year old daughter

    By 22febdm@gmail.comAugust 17, 20260

    Diplo has revealed that he secretly welcomed a baby girl a year ago, sharing that…

    Ebola outbreak in DR Congo becomes deadliest in country’s history | Ebola News

    August 17, 2026

    Ariana Grande brings out Cynthia Erivo amid performance in London

    August 17, 2026

    Trump says US to ‘substantially reduce’ military drills with South Korea | Donald Trump News

    August 17, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    22Media
    Facebook Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    © 2026 22Media. Designed by AleemSoft Hub.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?