Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    More than 100 killed in mine collapse in Central African Republic

    August 20, 2026

    Punjab announces free hockey kits for schools

    August 20, 2026

    Bangladesh’s government under pressure as youth demand jobs

    August 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Login
    22Media22Media
    Subscribe
    • Home
    • News
      • Pakistan News
      • World News
      • Amazing News
      • Only On 22
    • Sports
    • Bussiness
    • Innovation
      • Health & Sciences
      • Technology
    • Culture
      • Crime & Justice
      • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Magazines
    • Weather
    • Video
    • Live
    22Media22Media
    Home»News»Pakistan News»Govt steps up crackdown on anti-state social media campaigns
    Pakistan News

    Govt steps up crackdown on anti-state social media campaigns

    22febdm@gmail.comBy 22febdm@gmail.comSeptember 13, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Social media mobile apps are seen in this photo illustration, Brussels, Belgium, February 8, 2025. — Reuters
    Social media mobile apps are seen in this photo illustration, Brussels, Belgium, February 8, 2025. — Reuters
    • NCCIA has so far registered 356 FIRs.
    • 789 enquiries have been initiated.
    • Multiple JITs formed to curb misuse.

    ISLAMABAD: The federal government has intensified its crackdown on anti-state campaigns being run on social media, with the National Cyber Crime Investigation Agency (NCCIA) playing a central role in identifying and prosecuting those involved.

    According to official information, the NCCIA has so far registered 356 FIRs across Pakistan against individuals accused of spreading anti-state propaganda online. In addition, 789 enquiries have been initiated to investigate suspects engaged in posting content targeting state institutions.

    During the recent Marka-e-Haq campaign, when anti-army posts gained visibility on social media, the NCCIA registered 52 cases against individuals allegedly involved in spreading content against the armed forces.

    Officials said that the agency also played a key role in assisting police during the investigation of the May 9, 2025 incident, in which social media was allegedly used to orchestrate attacks. By analysing digital footprints and old posts of suspects, investigators were able to establish evidence that led to the conviction of several accused in Lahore, Sargodha, and Mianwali.

    To curb the misuse of online platforms, multiple Joint Investigation Teams (JITs) have been formed. NCCIA also maintains close coordination with the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) to ensure timely removal of harmful content, while accounts identified in such campaigns are regularly forwarded to platforms for blocking.

    The agency’s Open Source Intelligence Unit (OSINT) continues to monitor online activity to detect emerging patterns of anti-state propaganda. Officials said these efforts are aimed at preventing the spread of disinformation before it gains traction.

    The government maintains that these measures are necessary to protect national security and state institutions from coordinated disinformation campaigns, which have increasingly shifted to the digital sphere.




    Originally published in The News

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    22febdm@gmail.com
    • Website

    Related Posts

    ‘It takes two to tango’: PM Shehbaz extends olive branch to opposition

    August 20, 2026

    SC returns govt’s review plea against Imran Khan’s hospital transfer order

    August 20, 2026

    Syrian FM in Pakistan to discuss bilateral ties, regional and int’l developments

    August 20, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Demo
    Our Picks
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    Don't Miss
    Crime & Justice

    More than 100 killed in mine collapse in Central African Republic

    By 22febdm@gmail.comAugust 20, 20260

    The mine collapsed in the village of Zimbolé, near the Cameroonian border. Rescue teams are…

    Punjab announces free hockey kits for schools

    August 20, 2026

    Bangladesh’s government under pressure as youth demand jobs

    August 20, 2026

    Margot Robbie enjoys date night with Tom Ackerley in Paris

    August 20, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    22Media
    Facebook Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    © 2026 22Media. Designed by AleemSoft Hub.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?