Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Chappell Roan joins Noah Kahan onstage, thanks for support amid paparazzi feud

    August 17, 2026

    Transport alliance suspends strike for 40 days after government assurances

    August 17, 2026

    TikToker Shamsoo Bibi shot dead as FIR registered against suspects

    August 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Login
    22Media22Media
    Subscribe
    • Home
    • News
      • Pakistan News
      • World News
      • Amazing News
      • Only On 22
    • Sports
    • Bussiness
    • Innovation
      • Health & Sciences
      • Technology
    • Culture
      • Crime & Justice
      • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Magazines
    • Weather
    • Video
    • Live
    22Media22Media
    Home»News»Pakistan News»India may launch attack along LoC, warns Asif as tensions simmer
    Pakistan News

    India may launch attack along LoC, warns Asif as tensions simmer

    22febdm@gmail.comBy 22febdm@gmail.comMay 5, 2025No Comments4 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Defence Minister Khawaja Asif addresses a press conference in Islamabad. — PID/File
    Defence Minister Khawaja Asif addresses a press conference in Islamabad. — PID/File
    • Asif vows befitting response to any Indian provocation.
    • Minister says Modi pushing South Asia to brink of nuclear war.
    • NA passes resolution rejecting baseless Pahalgam attack allegations.

    Defence Minister Khawaja Asif warned on Monday that India could carry out a military strike at any point along the Line of Control (LoC) as tensions between the two nuclear-armed neighbours continue to simmer following the attack on tourists in IIOJK. 

    “There are reports that India may strike at any point along the Line of Control (LoC)… New Delhi will be given a befitting reply,” the defence minister said while speaking to journalists in Islamabad.

    Relations between the two arch-rivals have nosedived since gunmen killed 26 people on April 22 in an attack targeting tourists in Pahalgam.

    New Delhi linked Islamabad to the attack without offering any evidence and took a flurry of punitive measures to downgrade ties, including suspending the Indus Waters Treaty, revoking visas of Pakistanis, and closing Wagah-Attari border crossing, among others.

    Islamabad, in response, ordered the expulsion of Indian diplomats and military advisers, cancelling visas for Indian nationals, with the exception of Sikh pilgrims, and closing the main border crossing from its side.

    Pakistan also denies involvement in the attack and offered to take part in a credible and transparent investigation.

    Speaking to reporters today, Asif said that Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif had already called for the constitution of an international commission to investigate the incident. “Such a probe would expose whether India itself or any internal group was involved, and clarify the truth behind New Delhi’s baseless allegations against Pakistan,” he added.

    “An international investigation will reveal whether [Indian Prime Minister] Narendra Modi is lying or telling the truth,” he said, adding, “Only then can we tell Modi that he is a liar and destroying global peace.”

    The minister further castigated Modi for “pushing the region to the brink of nuclear war” solely to secure votes through political drama.

    He further said that India is involved in sponsoring terrorism in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Balochistan. “We had presented evidence of Indian terrorism in KP to the United Nations in 2016 and 2017,” he noted, adding: “Those proofs included videos showing how India finances and instigates terrorism.”

    He regretted that Pakistan continues to face threats from across the Afghan border, asserting that the recent wave of terrorism in KP and Balochistan is being orchestrated from Afghanistan, with India’s backing.

    When asked why the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) skipped last night’s security briefing, Asif said: “I don’t know why PTI chose not to participate in the in-camera session.”

    He also noted that resolutions have now been passed by both the Senate and the National Assembly on the current situation. “The stance of the nation is clear. If anyone still wants to call an APC (All Parties Conference), they may go ahead,” he added.

    NA resolution warns India of swift, decisive response to aggression

    Separately, the National Assembly passed a resolution warning India that any act of aggression, including water terrorism or military provocation, would be met with a “firm, swift and decisive” response.

    The resolution, tabled by Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) lawmaker Tariq Fazal Chaudhry, warned India that Pakistan remains fully capable and prepared to defend its sovereignty and territorial integrity as “clearly demonstrated by its robust and valiant response to India’s reckless actions in February 2019”.

    It also condemned terrorism in all its forms and manifestations and emphasised that killing of innocent civilians was contrary to the values upheld by Pakistan.

    The resolution also rejected all “frivolous and baseless attempts” to link Pakistan with the Pahalgam attack in occupied Kashmir.

    It condemned the “orchestrated and mala fide campaign” by the Indian government to malign Pakistan, “which follows a familiar pattern of exploiting the issue of terrorism for a narrow political goal.”

    It further condemned India’s “unlawful and unilateral declaration” to hold the Indus Waters Treaty in abeyance in blatant violation.

    The resolution emphasised that the people of Pakistan remain committed to peace, but will never allow anyone to transgress the country’s sovereignty, security, and interests.

    It also demanded that India should be held accountable for its involvement in different acts of terrorism and targeted assassinations on the soil of other countries, including Pakistan.

    “Pakistan’s unwavering moral, political and diplomatic support for and commitment to the Kashmiri people’s just struggle for realization of their inalienable right to self-determination,” the resolution concluded.  

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    22febdm@gmail.com
    • Website

    Related Posts

    ‘Bold and important first step’: Trump hails Pakistan-KSA-Turkiye defence pact

    August 17, 2026

    New provinces amendment will come ‘without Rana Sanaullah knowing’, says Kamal

    August 16, 2026

    Schedule for election on eight AJK assembly reserved seats announced

    August 16, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Demo
    Our Picks
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    Don't Miss
    Entertainment

    Chappell Roan joins Noah Kahan onstage, thanks for support amid paparazzi feud

    By 22febdm@gmail.comAugust 17, 20260

    Chappell Roan joins Noah Kahan onstage, thanks for support amid paparazzi feudNoah Kahan turned his…

    Transport alliance suspends strike for 40 days after government assurances

    August 17, 2026

    TikToker Shamsoo Bibi shot dead as FIR registered against suspects

    August 17, 2026

    TikToker Shamsoo Bibi shot dead in Taxila

    August 17, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    22Media
    Facebook Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    © 2026 22Media. Designed by AleemSoft Hub.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?