Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Excessive video gaming raises concerns over children’s daily lives

    August 20, 2026

    Israel is betting on Islamophobia to save its standing in the West | Islamophobia

    August 20, 2026

    ICC revokes demerit point awarded to Gaddafi Stadium pitch

    August 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Login
    22Media22Media
    Subscribe
    • Home
    • News
      • Pakistan News
      • World News
      • Amazing News
      • Only On 22
    • Sports
    • Bussiness
    • Innovation
      • Health & Sciences
      • Technology
    • Culture
      • Crime & Justice
      • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Magazines
    • Weather
    • Video
    • Live
    22Media22Media
    Home»News»World News»Trump team raids US Institute of Peace to sack president
    World News

    Trump team raids US Institute of Peace to sack president

    22febdm@gmail.comBy 22febdm@gmail.comMarch 18, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    A sign for the United States Institute of Peace (USIP) is seen on itss building headquarters on February 20, 2025 in Washington, DC. — Reuters
    A sign for the United States Institute of Peace (USIP) is seen on its’s building headquarters on February 20, 2025 in Washington, DC. — Reuters

    WASHINGTON: Cost-slashers of President Donald Trump and his billionaire friend Elon Musk seized control Monday of the US Institute of Peace, ousting the leader of the taxpayer-funded centre for conflict resolution.

    The non-violent show of resistance befitting the institution was one of the most dramatic showdowns by Trump as he tears through norms in his push to pare down Washington and implement his “America First” agenda.

    Trump last month issued an order that the US Institute of Peace — signed into being by president Ronald Reagan in 1984 with a mission to help the United States prevent and resolve international conflicts — be “eliminated to the maximum extent consistent with applicable law.”

    The institute said it was complying with Musk’s Department of Government Efficiency, or DOGE, and presented evidence it was cost-effective.

    It noted that the institute owns its building, a modern structure next to the State Department with sweeping views of the National Mall, and that its $55 million annual budget comes directly from Congress.

    The DOGE team was not convinced and on Monday attempted to enter the building, leading the institute to refuse before issuing a statement in the name of its acting president George Moose: “DOGE has broken into our building.”

    The Trump administration announced that it had fired all members of the institute’s bipartisan board except three, including Secretary of State Marco Rubio and Defence Secretary Pete Hegseth.

    In a statement on institute stationery dated Friday and posted on X by DOGE, the new board said it had voted to remove Moose, a veteran former ambassador.

    DOGE said that Moose “denied lawful access” to the institute’s new president, who was escorted in by Washington police.

    “It’s not a happy day for anybody that somehow this misunderstanding of our intent, our purpose, has reached a point where folks are going to come and try to shut us down,” Moose told reporters after he was removed.

    The newly named president was Kenneth Jackson, a former State Department official.

    He was involved in the gutting of the US Agency for International Development.

    Rubio cancelled more than 80% of US development assistance, with Trump mocking aid as a waste of taxpayer money.

    Since his return to the White House, Trump and Musk have moved to destroy entire government agencies, meeting court challenges as Congress constitutionally allocates funds.

    Trump has been undeterred and over the weekend moved to axe decades of US-funded international broadcasting, including Voice of America.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    22febdm@gmail.com
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Israel is betting on Islamophobia to save its standing in the West | Islamophobia

    August 20, 2026

    Syrian official says ‘no plans’ to establish Turkish military presence | Military News

    August 20, 2026

    How conflict is making life more expensive for Iranians | Inflation

    August 20, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Demo
    Our Picks
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    Don't Miss
    Technology

    Excessive video gaming raises concerns over children’s daily lives

    By 22febdm@gmail.comAugust 20, 20260

    Excessive video gaming is raising concerns among experts as children spend more time online, potentially…

    Israel is betting on Islamophobia to save its standing in the West | Islamophobia

    August 20, 2026

    ICC revokes demerit point awarded to Gaddafi Stadium pitch

    August 20, 2026

    Taylor Swift fans on high alert after new ‘TS’ logo spreads across cities

    August 20, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    22Media
    Facebook Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    © 2026 22Media. Designed by AleemSoft Hub.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?