Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    US pummels Cuban economy with new sanctions on mining, construction | Donald Trump News

    August 20, 2026

    Demi Lovato celebrates 34th birthday without husband Jutes: ‘Miss you’

    August 20, 2026

    Amputee children learn to swim after losing limbs in Israel’s war on Gaza | Gaza

    August 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Login
    22Media22Media
    Subscribe
    • Home
    • News
      • Pakistan News
      • World News
      • Amazing News
      • Only On 22
    • Sports
    • Bussiness
    • Innovation
      • Health & Sciences
      • Technology
    • Culture
      • Crime & Justice
      • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Magazines
    • Weather
    • Video
    • Live
    22Media22Media
    Home»News»World News»Syrian forces in deadly clashes with Assad-linked fighters in Latakia | Syria’s War News
    World News

    Syrian forces in deadly clashes with Assad-linked fighters in Latakia | Syria’s War News

    22febdm@gmail.comBy 22febdm@gmail.comMarch 6, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    A Syrian security source told Al Jazeera that 15 security personnel were killed in ‘various armed ambushes’.

    Gunmen loyal to deposed Syrian leader Bashar al-Assad have killed at least 15 security personnel in ambushes in the coastal province of Latakia, a security source told Al Jazeera.

    The attacks took place on Thursday near the town of Jableh in the Latakia countryside, part of the coastal area which forms the heartland of the Alawite minority sect to which the al-Assad family belongs.

    A Syrian security source told the Al Jazeera Arabic network that 15 security personnel were killed in “various armed ambushes”.

    “The Syrian state will impose its authority on all groups outside the law and will not allow security to be threatened,” said the source.

    Reporting from Damascus, Al Jazeera’s Resul Serdar, said tensions were running high after the attacks.

    “Since the fall of the Assad regime three months ago, this is perhaps one of the biggest security challenges that the new government is facing,” he said.

    The central government had sent reinforcements consisting of “dozens and dozens of military vehicles” to the city of Latakia from several governorates, including Hama, Homs and Idlib, he said.

    Soon after the attack, a video was released by an Assad-era commander, saying that a resistance group called the “coastal shield regiment” had been formed against the new government, said Serdar.

    The security director of Latakia province had earlier told the Syrian state news agency SANA that security forces were clashing in the Latakia countryside with armed groups loyal to Assad-era special forces commander Suhail al-Hassan.

    Security forces in Latakia announced that the situation was now under control and that several of the attackers had been killed, with “many more captured”, said Serdar. A curfew was also announced in the coastal city of Tartous.

    Syria’s Mediterranean coastal regions have emerged as one of the main security challenges for interim President Ahmed al-Sharaa as his government works to consolidate control over the country.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    22febdm@gmail.com
    • Website

    Related Posts

    US pummels Cuban economy with new sanctions on mining, construction | Donald Trump News

    August 20, 2026

    Amputee children learn to swim after losing limbs in Israel’s war on Gaza | Gaza

    August 20, 2026

    Thai schools hold shooter drills after deadly attack | Gun Violence

    August 20, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Demo
    Our Picks
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    Don't Miss
    World News

    US pummels Cuban economy with new sanctions on mining, construction | Donald Trump News

    By 22febdm@gmail.comAugust 20, 20260

    The United States has announced another round of economic sanctions against Cuba, this time targeting…

    Demi Lovato celebrates 34th birthday without husband Jutes: ‘Miss you’

    August 20, 2026

    Amputee children learn to swim after losing limbs in Israel’s war on Gaza | Gaza

    August 20, 2026

    Preparations complete to shift Imran Khan to Shifa International Hospital: sources

    August 20, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    22Media
    Facebook Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    © 2026 22Media. Designed by AleemSoft Hub.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?