Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    US Postal Service shares mail-in ballot restrictions despite court ruling | Elections News

    August 22, 2026

    Rawalpindi woman’s ‘brutal’ killing sparks outrage on social media

    August 22, 2026

    Marvel leaves The Marvels off its ‘Avengers: Doomsday’ watchlist

    August 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Login
    22Media22Media
    Subscribe
    • Home
    • News
      • Pakistan News
      • World News
      • Amazing News
      • Only On 22
    • Sports
    • Bussiness
    • Innovation
      • Health & Sciences
      • Technology
    • Culture
      • Crime & Justice
      • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Magazines
    • Weather
    • Video
    • Live
    22Media22Media
    Home»News»World News»Somali militants target presidential convoy in bomb attack, president safe
    World News

    Somali militants target presidential convoy in bomb attack, president safe

    22febdm@gmail.comBy 22febdm@gmail.comMarch 18, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Emergency vehicles gather at the scene of an explosion near the Presidential Palace, also known as Villa Somalia, in the Hamar Jajab district of Mogadishu, Somalia March 18, 2025. — Reuters
    Emergency vehicles gather at the scene of an explosion near the Presidential Palace, also known as Villa Somalia, in the Hamar Jajab district of Mogadishu, Somalia March 18, 2025. — Reuters

    Al Shabaab militants targeted Somalia’s President Hassan Sheikh Mohamud in a bomb attack on his motorcade as it was traveling through the capital Mogadishu on Tuesday, the group said.

    Two senior government and military officials told Reuters that Mohamud was safe following the attack, and presidential adviser Zakariye Hussein wrote in a post on X that he was “good and well on his way to the front lines.”

    Soldiers and local residents who witnessed the attack confirmed that the president’s convoy had been hit. A Reuters journalist at the scene saw the bodies of four people killed in the assault near the presidential palace.

    “Our fighters targeted a convoy of vehicles carrying Hassan Sheikh Mohamud as they were leaving the presidential palace and heading to the airport,” al Shabaab said in a statement posted on the al Qaeda-linked group’s Telegram channel.

    While al Shabaab regularly carries out attacks in Somalia as part of its decades-long campaign to topple the government, Tuesday’s attack was the first to directly target Mohamud since 2014, during his first term in office, when they bombed a hotel where he was speaking.

    Hours after the attack on Tuesday, state media showed images of the president in the Adan Yabal district of Somalia’s Middle Shabelle region, where government forces are battling a three-week-old al Shabaab offensive.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    22febdm@gmail.com
    • Website

    Related Posts

    US Postal Service shares mail-in ballot restrictions despite court ruling | Elections News

    August 22, 2026

    Why is Israel building new illegal settlements? | Israel-Palestine conflict News

    August 22, 2026

    Trump wants more economic pressure on Iran. What are his options?

    August 22, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Demo
    Our Picks
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    Don't Miss
    World News

    US Postal Service shares mail-in ballot restrictions despite court ruling | Elections News

    By 22febdm@gmail.comAugust 22, 20260

    The United States Postal Service (USPS) has published a final draft of its proposed rules…

    Rawalpindi woman’s ‘brutal’ killing sparks outrage on social media

    August 22, 2026

    Marvel leaves The Marvels off its ‘Avengers: Doomsday’ watchlist

    August 22, 2026

    Why is Israel building new illegal settlements? | Israel-Palestine conflict News

    August 22, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    22Media
    Facebook Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    © 2026 22Media. Designed by AleemSoft Hub.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?