Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    ‘Tsunami’ of emigration reshapes Israel’s future, experts warn | Demographics News

    August 20, 2026

    Trump announces ‘crushing’ economic war on Iran, warns backers of ‘tremendous’ costs

    August 20, 2026

    Nathan Gallagher faces domestic violence arrest and charges

    August 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Login
    22Media22Media
    Subscribe
    • Home
    • News
      • Pakistan News
      • World News
      • Amazing News
      • Only On 22
    • Sports
    • Bussiness
    • Innovation
      • Health & Sciences
      • Technology
    • Culture
      • Crime & Justice
      • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Magazines
    • Weather
    • Video
    • Live
    22Media22Media
    Home»News»Pakistan News»Second round of Pakistan-Afghanistan talks to be held in Istanbul today
    Pakistan News

    Second round of Pakistan-Afghanistan talks to be held in Istanbul today

    22febdm@gmail.comBy 22febdm@gmail.comOctober 25, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Defence Minister Khawaja Asif shakes hands with his Afghan counterpart Mullah Yaqoob after reaching a ceasefire deal with the Taliban authorities in Doha, Qatar, on October 18, 2025. — X@KhawajaMAsif
    Defence Minister Khawaja Asif shakes hands with his Afghan counterpart Mullah Yaqoob after reaching a ceasefire deal with the Taliban authorities in Doha, Qatar, on October 18, 2025. — X@KhawajaMAsif
    • We do not seek escalation, Taliban should honour commitment: FO
    • Spokesperson terms Doha talks first step in ensuring regional peace.
    • No major attack from Afghan soil in last two or three days: Andrabi

    The second round of talks between Pakistan and Afghanistan will be held in Istanbul, Turkiye, today (Saturday) as both sides are set to deliberate on all the issues discussed during the first phase in Doha, Qatar, the Foreign Office (FO) said.

    The Istanbul talks are the continuation of the first round, which resulted in a ceasefire between the two neighbouring countries, Foreign Office spokesperson Tahir Hussain Andrabi said in his maiden press briefing on Friday.

    During his weekly press briefing, Andrabi said that Pakistan looks forward to the establishment of a concrete and verifiable monitoring mechanism in the Istanbul talks to address the menace of terrorism emanating from Afghan soil towards Islamabad.

    “As a responsible state committed to regional peace and stability, Pakistan does not seek escalation but urges the Afghan Taliban authorities to honour their commitment to the international community and address Pakistan’s legitimate security concerns by taking verifiable action against terrorist entities, including the FAK/TTP and FAH/BLA,” he added.

    The foreign office spokesperson also termed the first round a first step in ensuring regional peace and stability. He said the Doha talks focused on immediate measures to end cross-border terrorism against Pakistan stemming from Afghanistan and the restoration of peace and stability along the Pakistan-Afghanistan border.

    Answering a query, Andrabi said that there had been no major full-scale terrorist attack emanating from Afghan soil in Pakistan in the last two to three days, terming it a fruitful outcome of the first round.

    The foreign office spokesperson said that border crossings with Afghanistan would remain closed, citing the security situation, stressing that saving the life of an ordinary Pakistani is more important than the movement of goods or trade.

    Border crossings between the two countries have remained closed since October 11, following clashes earlier this month that killed dozens on both sides in the worst fighting since the Taliban’s 2021 takeover of Kabul.

    The border clashes were triggered after Islamabad demanded that Kabul control militants who attack Pakistan across their shared border, saying they operated from havens in Afghanistan.

    A ceasefire was agreed in talks hosted by Qatar and Turkiye last weekend and is holding between the two sides, but the border trade remains suspended.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    22febdm@gmail.com
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Heavy rain lashes Islamabad, Rawalpindi as flood-warning sirens wail

    August 19, 2026

    Pakistan extends airspace ban on Indian aircraft until Sept 24

    August 19, 2026

    Torrential rain wreaks havoc in Rawalpindi, Islamabad as Nullah Lai rises

    August 19, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Demo
    Our Picks
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    Don't Miss
    World News

    ‘Tsunami’ of emigration reshapes Israel’s future, experts warn | Demographics News

    By 22febdm@gmail.comAugust 20, 20260

    An increasing number of Israelis are leaving the country ahead of critical elections later this…

    Trump announces ‘crushing’ economic war on Iran, warns backers of ‘tremendous’ costs

    August 20, 2026

    Nathan Gallagher faces domestic violence arrest and charges

    August 20, 2026

    Israeli strike on Gaza City police headquarters kills women’s police chief | Gaza

    August 19, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    22Media
    Facebook Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    © 2026 22Media. Designed by AleemSoft Hub.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?