Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Quebec separatist says no independence referendum while Trump in office | Politics News

    August 19, 2026

    Kevin Hart and Henry Cavill’s Netflix spy comedy adds new stars

    August 18, 2026

    Minnesota official sues Texas governor to force ICE agent’s extradition | Migration News

    August 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Login
    22Media22Media
    Subscribe
    • Home
    • News
      • Pakistan News
      • World News
      • Amazing News
      • Only On 22
    • Sports
    • Bussiness
    • Innovation
      • Health & Sciences
      • Technology
    • Culture
      • Crime & Justice
      • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Magazines
    • Weather
    • Video
    • Live
    22Media22Media
    Home»News»World News»Search for doomed MH370 resumes 11 years after disappearance
    World News

    Search for doomed MH370 resumes 11 years after disappearance

    22febdm@gmail.comBy 22febdm@gmail.comFebruary 25, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Indian sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik creates a sand sculpture of the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 on Puri beach in eastern Odisha, India on March 7, 2015. — AFP
    Indian sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik creates a sand sculpture of the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 on Puri beach in eastern Odisha, India on March 7, 2015. — AFP

    A fresh search for Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 has been launched more than a decade after the plane went missing in one of aviation’s greatest enduring mysteries.

    Maritime exploration firm Ocean Infinity has resumed the hunt for the missing plane, Malaysian Transport Minister Anthony Loke said on Tuesday.

    Loke told reporters contract details between Malaysia and the firm were still being finalised but welcomed “the proactiveness of Ocean Infinity to deploy their ships” to begin the search for the plane, which went missing in March 2014.

    Loke said details about how long the search would last had not been negotiated yet.

    He also did not provide details about when exactly the British firm restarted its hunt.

    The Malaysian government said in December it had agreed to launch a new search for MH370.

    The Boeing 777 carrying 239 people disappeared from radar screens on March 8, 2014, while en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing.

    Two-thirds of the passengers were Chinese, while the others included Malaysians, Indonesians and Australians, as well as Indian, American, Dutch and French nationals.

    The plane has never been found despite the largest search in aviation history.

    A mural representing the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 at an alley near Kuala Lumpur. AFP/File
    A mural representing the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 at an alley near Kuala Lumpur. AFP/File

    “We’re very relieved and pleased that the search is resuming once again after such a long hiatus,” Malaysian Grace Nathan, 36, who lost her mother on the doomed jet, told AFP.

    Jaquita Gonzales, 62, wife of MH370 flight supervisor Patrick Gomes, said she hoped the resumption of the search would bring her family much-needed closure.

    “We just want to know where it is and what happened,” she said. “Memories come back like yesterday, it’s fresh in our heads.”

    Previous search

    Loke said in December the new search would be on the same “no find, no fee” principle as Ocean Infinity’s previous search, with the government only paying out if the firm finds the aircraft.

    The contract was for 18 months and Malaysia would pay $70 million to the company if the plane was found, Loke had previously said.

    Ocean Infinity, based in Britain and the United States, carried out an unsuccessful hunt in 2018.

    The company’s first efforts followed a massive Australia-led search for the aircraft that lasted three years before it was suspended in January 2017.

    The Australia-led search covered 120,000 square kilometres (46,300 square miles) in the Indian Ocean but found hardly any trace of the plane other than a few pieces of debris.

    Loke said in December a new 15,000 square kilometre (5,800 square mile) area of the southern Indian Ocean would be scoured by Ocean Infinity.

    “They combined all the data and they felt confident that the current search area is more credible,” Loke said on Tuesday.

    “They have convinced us that they are ready.”

    The plane’s disappearance has long been the subject of theories, ranging from the credible to the outlandish, including that veteran pilot Zaharie Ahmad Shah had gone rogue.

    A final report into the tragedy released in 2018 pointed to failings by air traffic control and said the plane´s course was changed manually.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    22febdm@gmail.com
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Quebec separatist says no independence referendum while Trump in office | Politics News

    August 19, 2026

    Minnesota official sues Texas governor to force ICE agent’s extradition | Migration News

    August 18, 2026

    Bolivia arrests political adviser to Latin American right-wingers | Crime News

    August 18, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Demo
    Our Picks
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    Don't Miss
    World News

    Quebec separatist says no independence referendum while Trump in office | Politics News

    By 22febdm@gmail.comAugust 19, 20260

    The leader of Quebec’s secessionist party says the debate over his province’s independence has been…

    Kevin Hart and Henry Cavill’s Netflix spy comedy adds new stars

    August 18, 2026

    Minnesota official sues Texas governor to force ICE agent’s extradition | Migration News

    August 18, 2026

    Bradley Cooper, Monica Barbaro spotted filming ‘Ocean’s Eleven’ prequel

    August 18, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    22Media
    Facebook Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    © 2026 22Media. Designed by AleemSoft Hub.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?