Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Turkiye’s top diplomat invites DPM Dar to Istanbul meeting with Saudi, Egyptian FMs

    August 19, 2026

    Harry Styles poses for candid shots with renowned photographer

    August 19, 2026

    VO2 maxxing trend sparks a new race for longevity

    August 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Login
    22Media22Media
    Subscribe
    • Home
    • News
      • Pakistan News
      • World News
      • Amazing News
      • Only On 22
    • Sports
    • Bussiness
    • Innovation
      • Health & Sciences
      • Technology
    • Culture
      • Crime & Justice
      • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Magazines
    • Weather
    • Video
    • Live
    22Media22Media
    Home»News»Pakistan News»Pakistan capable of giving befitting response as Kabul brings terror to Islamabad: Asif
    Pakistan News

    Pakistan capable of giving befitting response as Kabul brings terror to Islamabad: Asif

    22febdm@gmail.comBy 22febdm@gmail.comNovember 11, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Defence Minister Khawaja Asif speaks during an interview with Reuters at his office in Islamabad. — Reuters/File
    Defence Minister Khawaja Asif speaks during an interview with Reuters at his office in Islamabad. — Reuters/File
    • Defence czar vows strong response to terrorism.
    • Suicide blast in Islamabad leaves 12 dead, 30 injured.
    • Asif calls Islamabad suicide attack “a wake-up call”.

    ISLAMABAD: Defence Minister Khawaja Asif on Tuesday warned that Pakistan was fully capable of delivering a befitting response to cross-border terrorism, slamming the Afghan Taliban regime for allowing terror to spill into Islamabad after a deadly suicide blast claimed 12 lives. 

    Interior Minister Mohsin Naqvi said the attack took place at 12:39pm, when the suicide bomber targeted a police vehicle after failing to enter a District and Sessions Court in the federal capital.

    “We are in a state of war. Anyone who thinks that the Pakistan Army is fighting this war only in the border areas along Afghanistan or in the remote regions of Balochistan should take the suicide attack in Islamabad as a wake-up call,” the defence czar wrote in a post on X.

    Calling the fight against terrorism a war for all of Pakistan, Asif said the armed forces were providing the nation with a “sense of security” through their sacrifices.

    In the aftermath of the attack, the defence minister expressed doubts over the prospects of successful negotiations with the Afghan Taliban regime.

    “The Kabul leadership can stop terrorism in Pakistan, but bringing this war to Islamabad carries a message from Kabul,” he wrote.

    Speaking to journalists separately in the federal capital, the defence minister said that Islamabad was expecting such an attack as a pressure tactic. “The terrorist attack in Islamabad has sent us a message: all your areas are within our reach,” he added.

    However, Asif vowed that Pakistan would not tolerate terrorism in either border or urban areas, saying that the country would respond strongly to terrorist attacks.

    Today’s suicide attack in Islamabad was the first in the federal capital in three years, with the last suicide attack occurring in December 2022.

    However, other parts of the country, particularly the bordering provinces of Balochistan and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, have seen a sharp increase in terror attacks since the Afghan Taliban grabbed power in 2021.

    The cross-border attacks from Afghanistan resulted in intense clashes between the forces from Pakistan and Afghanistan last month.

    Pakistan killed over 200 Taliban fighters and India-backed militants in retaliatory actions after they resorted to unprovoked firing along the border.

    The two countries agreed to a fragile ceasefire after week-long clashes, but failed to finalise its details during several rounds of negotiations that collapsed last week.

    Islamabad has repeatedly urged Kabul to prevent its soil from becoming a shelter and training camps for the militant groups involved in countless terrorist attacks inside Pakistan.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    22febdm@gmail.com
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Turkiye’s top diplomat invites DPM Dar to Istanbul meeting with Saudi, Egyptian FMs

    August 19, 2026

    Govt to seek review of SC order on Imran’s hospital transfer: law minister

    August 18, 2026

    Mir Raza case: No ‘major progress’ as police await further details of chemical report

    August 18, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Demo
    Our Picks
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    Don't Miss
    Pakistan News

    Turkiye’s top diplomat invites DPM Dar to Istanbul meeting with Saudi, Egyptian FMs

    By 22febdm@gmail.comAugust 19, 20260

    Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Ishaq Dar (right) speaks during a meeting with Turkish…

    Harry Styles poses for candid shots with renowned photographer

    August 19, 2026

    VO2 maxxing trend sparks a new race for longevity

    August 19, 2026

    Madonna takes 11 ‘VMA’ nominations, tops Swift and sparks fan showdown

    August 19, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    22Media
    Facebook Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    © 2026 22Media. Designed by AleemSoft Hub.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?