Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Bradley Cooper, Monica Barbaro spotted filming ‘Ocean’s Eleven’ prequel

    August 18, 2026

    Bolivia arrests political adviser to Latin American right-wingers | Crime News

    August 18, 2026

    Matthew Rhys on Welsh-language Star Wars: ‘I can’t voice Harrison Ford’

    August 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Login
    22Media22Media
    Subscribe
    • Home
    • News
      • Pakistan News
      • World News
      • Amazing News
      • Only On 22
    • Sports
    • Bussiness
    • Innovation
      • Health & Sciences
      • Technology
    • Culture
      • Crime & Justice
      • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Magazines
    • Weather
    • Video
    • Live
    22Media22Media
    Home»News»Pakistan News»Onus of trade suspension, border opening delay ‘rests with Taliban regime’: FO
    Pakistan News

    Onus of trade suspension, border opening delay ‘rests with Taliban regime’: FO

    22febdm@gmail.comBy 22febdm@gmail.comNovember 21, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Trucks stand parked at the Torkham border crossing, after Pakistan closed border crossings with Afghanistan, in Torkham, October 12, 2025. — Reuters
    Trucks stand parked at the Torkham border crossing, after Pakistan closed border crossings with Afghanistan, in Torkham, October 12, 2025. — Reuters
    • FO urges Afghan Taliban regime stop supporting terrorist outfits.
    • Islamabad raises concerns over Indian’s hostile statements.
    • FO spokesperson celebrates US report validating victory over India.

    Pakistan has asserted that the Afghan Taliban regime was responsible for the delay in reopening the border and the suspension of bilateral trade, urging the group to stop “supporting terrorist outfits”.

    In his weekly press briefing on Friday, Foreign Office spokesperson Tahir Andrabi noted that Islamabad had closed the border crossings with Afghanistan due to the Afghan regime’s consistent “support to Fitna al-Hindustan and Fitna al-Khawarij”.

    “The onus of the delay in opening the border crossing rests with the Afghan Taliban. Similarly, the projects like TAPI and CASA-1000,” he said.

    Pakistan closed the Torkham and Chaman borders with Afghanistan on October 12 after the Taliban forces, backed by their affiliated militants, attacked multiple border posts of Pakistan’s armed forces.

    Since then, the crossings have remained shut, with the Torkham border briefly opened on November 1 to facilitate the repatriation of illegal Afghan refugees.

    In today’s briefing, the FO spokesperson urged the Afghan Taliban regime to prevent its soil from being used for terrorist attacks inside Pakistan.

    Andrabi noted Pakistan’s repeated attempts to engage Kabul; however, he said that Islamabad “incurred loss of life” despite its sincere efforts.

    He said that Pakistan had earlier segregated trade and security in the bilateral relations. “But then there is a threshold of patience. I think that threshold of patience has been crossed.”

    The spokesperson asserted that Islamabad would not allow any trade that “is a licence for the killing of Pakistanis from Afghan soil”.

    Responding to a question regarding an Afghan leader’s remarks about preparing 4,000 bombers for Pakistan, he said that the statement reinforced Pakistan’s position that Afghan soil was being used to launch terrorist attacks inside Pakistan.

    ‘Indian leadership continue to monger war’

    Andrabi said that Islamabad has taken notice of the Indian political and military leadership’s continued war-mongering and hostile statements.

    During his briefing, he also addressed US President Donald Trump’s statement regarding Indian Prime Minister Modi’s assurance that India would not initiate a war with Islamabad.

    “That assurance we obviously take with a pinch of salt. It is not backed up by any cooling down of statements emanating from India,” he said.

    The FO spokesperson welcomed a report submitted to the US Congress, which validated Pakistan’s military success over India in the four-day war in May.

    The report, presented by the US-China Economic and Security Review Commission, stated that Pakistan downed Indian fighter jets, including French-made Rafales, using Chinese-made weapons.

    Andrabi said that the details about Pakistan’s success were “quite a telling conclusion” of that report.

    He expressed concerns over the continued and grave human rights situation in the Indian Illegally Occupied Jammu and Kashmir (IIOJK), saying that New Delhi was making “efforts to alter the demographic character of IIOJK”.

    “Such coercive actions cannot undermine the Kashmiri people’s enduring commitment to realising their internationally recognised right to self-determination,” he added.

    The FO spokesperson then called for a just, peaceful and lasting resolution to the Kashmir dispute, in accordance with relevant United Nations Security Council resolutions.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    22febdm@gmail.com
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Govt to seek review of SC order on Imran’s hospital transfer: law minister

    August 18, 2026

    Mir Raza case: No ‘major progress’ as police await further details of chemical report

    August 18, 2026

    PM Shehbaz inaugurates Google’s Pakistan office, calls it ‘beautiful new journey’

    August 18, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Demo
    Our Picks
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    Don't Miss
    Entertainment

    Bradley Cooper, Monica Barbaro spotted filming ‘Ocean’s Eleven’ prequel

    By 22febdm@gmail.comAugust 18, 20260

    Bradley Cooper, Monica Barbaro spotted filming ‘Ocean’s Eleven’ prequel Bradley Cooper and Monica Barbaro were spotted…

    Bolivia arrests political adviser to Latin American right-wingers | Crime News

    August 18, 2026

    Matthew Rhys on Welsh-language Star Wars: ‘I can’t voice Harrison Ford’

    August 18, 2026

    Trump administration moves to end rule protecting swaths of forest land | Environment News

    August 18, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    22Media
    Facebook Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    © 2026 22Media. Designed by AleemSoft Hub.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?