Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Death toll from capsized ferry in Zimbabwe rises to 92 | Transport News

    August 17, 2026

    PM Shehbaz’s invitation for talks still stands, Tariq Fazal Chaudhry tells PTI

    August 17, 2026

    Rights group urges Fifa to block Infantino re-election bid over term limits

    August 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Login
    22Media22Media
    Subscribe
    • Home
    • News
      • Pakistan News
      • World News
      • Amazing News
      • Only On 22
    • Sports
    • Bussiness
    • Innovation
      • Health & Sciences
      • Technology
    • Culture
      • Crime & Justice
      • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Magazines
    • Weather
    • Video
    • Live
    22Media22Media
    Home»News»World News»Nine killed as storms hit eastern United States
    World News

    Nine killed as storms hit eastern United States

    22febdm@gmail.comBy 22febdm@gmail.comFebruary 18, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Cars park at the entrance of a flooded housing development after a rain storm in Kentucky, US on February 16, 2025. — AFP
    Cars park at the entrance of a flooded housing development after a rain storm in Kentucky, US on February 16, 2025. — AFP
    • Powerful storms bring flooding and powerful winds.
    • More than 500,000 customers were without power.
    • First responders rescue over 1,000 people within 24 hrs.

    NEW YORK: At least nine people have died in the eastern United States, including eight in Kentucky, as powerful storms brought flooding and exceptionally powerful winds, downing trees and cutting power, local officials announced Sunday.

    Brutally cold weather is expected to hit much of the country later in the week.

    “I’m heartbroken to share we’ve lost at least 8 people to this storm,” Kentucky Governor Andy Beshear said on X. “And remember, the severe weather continues.”

    He said the number of fatalities was likely to increase.

    In addition, one person died in the southern city of Atlanta, Georgia.

    — X@GovAndyBeshear
    — X@GovAndyBeshear

    The victim was killed when an “extremely large” tree fell on his house early Sunday, local fire official Scott Powell told local media.

    Most of the dead in Kentucky, Beshear said in an earlier news conference, drowned when trapped in their vehicles by fast-rising floodwaters. The victims included a mother and her child.

    The governor, who has declared a state of emergency, urged people to stay off the roads.

    Beshear said more than 1,000 people had been rescued by first responders within 24 hours.

    The storm was blowing up from the South and into the US Northeast, a region struck in recent weeks by a succession of extreme cold, snow, rain and powerful winds.

    More than 500,000 customers were without power Sunday from the South through New York state, according to the monitoring website poweroutage.us.

    The National Weather Service predicted the centre of the country would be hit this week by a mass of extremely cold Arctic air, bringing record temperatures that could hit brutal lows — even -51 degrees Celsius — in the plains states near the Canadian border.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    22febdm@gmail.com
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Death toll from capsized ferry in Zimbabwe rises to 92 | Transport News

    August 17, 2026

    CAIR slams Texas governor’s ‘anti-Muslim stunt’ on airport washing stations | Islamophobia News

    August 17, 2026

    Netanyahu’s Likud Party holds primaries ahead of Israel’s general elections | Benjamin Netanyahu News

    August 17, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Demo
    Our Picks
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    Don't Miss
    World News

    Death toll from capsized ferry in Zimbabwe rises to 92 | Transport News

    By 22febdm@gmail.comAugust 17, 20260

    Search efforts to recover the remaining victims are still underway.Published On 17 Aug 202617 Aug…

    PM Shehbaz’s invitation for talks still stands, Tariq Fazal Chaudhry tells PTI

    August 17, 2026

    Rights group urges Fifa to block Infantino re-election bid over term limits

    August 17, 2026

    The Beatles biopic’s new look sparks disappointment among fans

    August 17, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    22Media
    Facebook Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    © 2026 22Media. Designed by AleemSoft Hub.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?