Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Ebola cases in Congo exceed 5,000, government data shows

    August 19, 2026

    Mourinho fires Real Madrid shot at Barcelona saying he ‘didn’t need’ Rodri | Football News

    August 19, 2026

    Pakistan strongly condemns Israeli occupation forces’ attack on Syrian airbase

    August 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Login
    22Media22Media
    Subscribe
    • Home
    • News
      • Pakistan News
      • World News
      • Amazing News
      • Only On 22
    • Sports
    • Bussiness
    • Innovation
      • Health & Sciences
      • Technology
    • Culture
      • Crime & Justice
      • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Magazines
    • Weather
    • Video
    • Live
    22Media22Media
    Home»News»Pakistan News»New twist in Pindi ‘honour killing’ case as victim’s second husband surrenders to police
    Pakistan News

    New twist in Pindi ‘honour killing’ case as victim’s second husband surrenders to police

    22febdm@gmail.comBy 22febdm@gmail.comJuly 27, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Civil society protests against cases of honour killings in this undated photo. — Reuters.
    Civil society protests against cases of honour killings in this undated photo. — Reuters.
    • 19-year-old woman reportedly killed over “honour”.
    • Victim married Usman despite already being married: FIR.
    • As per Nikahnama, couple married on July 12 in Muzaffarabad.

    RAWALPINDI: The suspected honour killing case in Rawalpindi’s Pirwadhai area took a new turn after the deceased woman’s second husband surrendered to police on Saturday night, police said.

    The case involves the murder of a 19-year-old woman, reportedly killed in the name of so-called honour following a jirga verdict, and secretly buried in a local graveyard.

    The woman, married to Zia-ur-Rehman, had allegedly left her home on July 11 with gold jewellery, Rs150,000 in cash, and her belongings, according to the FIR registered by the husband on July 21.

    He later learned she had married a man named Usman, despite already being married, according to the FIR.

    She was believed to have been murdered on July 16 and buried the next day.

    However, in a new twist, the woman’s second husband, Usman, surrendered himself to police late last night in Rawalpindi’s Pirwadhai area.

    As per the Nikahnama (marriage form), the couple had married on July 12 in Muzaffarabad.

    Usman, originally from Chehla Bandi, Muzaffarabad, works at a workshop near the Pirwadhai bus stand. The girl had married him on July 12 in Muzaffarabad and had earlier filed a statement before the judicial magistrate and sought protection from the court.

    In her statement before the court, the woman claimed that she had willingly married Usman and revealed that her father had passed away, her mother had remarried, and that her first husband had verbally divorced her, according to police sources.

    Meanwhile, Muhammad Ilyas, the victim’s father-in-law and Usman’s father, recorded a video statement saying that he and his family live modestly by working as labourers, and he arranged Rs30,000 to 40,000 to help the victim secure court protection.

     “When she asked for protection, I arranged between Rs30,000 and 40,000 and took her to court. I conducted the marriage and submitted statements in court.

    However, four days after the wedding, armed men allegedly entered their home and threatened the family’s lives, Ilyas said in a video statement.

    The family later handed the woman back to her relatives after her marriage was finalised. Tragically, they learned two days later of her murder, he said.

    Fearing his son might be falsely implicated in the murder case, Muhammad Ilyas said he voluntarily surrendered Usman to the police.

    He appealed to the authorities to provide his family security amid threats.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    22febdm@gmail.com
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Pakistan strongly condemns Israeli occupation forces’ attack on Syrian airbase

    August 19, 2026

    ‘What Imran gets was under discussion for months’

    August 19, 2026

    Govt files review plea against SC order to shift Imran Khan to private hospital

    August 19, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Demo
    Our Picks
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    Don't Miss
    Technology

    Ebola cases in Congo exceed 5,000, government data shows

    By 22febdm@gmail.comAugust 19, 20260

    The current outbreak is caused by the Bundibugyo species of Ebola. The number of confirmed…

    Mourinho fires Real Madrid shot at Barcelona saying he ‘didn’t need’ Rodri | Football News

    August 19, 2026

    Pakistan strongly condemns Israeli occupation forces’ attack on Syrian airbase

    August 19, 2026

    First Test: Rain cuts short opening session after Pakistan’s shaky start

    August 19, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    22Media
    Facebook Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    © 2026 22Media. Designed by AleemSoft Hub.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?