Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Taylor Swift debuts new haircut at friends’ UK wedding

    August 17, 2026

    Saudi-Pakistan-Türkiye pact draws Trump’s strong praise

    August 17, 2026

    Trump cuts South Korea war games after Seoul refuses to join U.S. on Iran

    August 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Login
    22Media22Media
    Subscribe
    • Home
    • News
      • Pakistan News
      • World News
      • Amazing News
      • Only On 22
    • Sports
    • Bussiness
    • Innovation
      • Health & Sciences
      • Technology
    • Culture
      • Crime & Justice
      • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Magazines
    • Weather
    • Video
    • Live
    22Media22Media
    Home»News»Pakistan News»Major terror plot averted in Karachi as over two tonnes of explosives seized: CTD
    Pakistan News

    Major terror plot averted in Karachi as over two tonnes of explosives seized: CTD

    22febdm@gmail.comBy 22febdm@gmail.comJanuary 5, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Explosives-laden drums recovered in Karachi.— Reporter
    Explosives-laden drums recovered in Karachi.— Reporter
    • Operation carried out in Karachi’s Raees Goth: DIG CTD
    • Truck, over 30 explosives-laden drums, 5 cylinders seized.
    • Three terrorists associated with BLA commander Bashir arrested. 

    KARACHI: A major terror plot has been averted as the law enforcement agencies recovered over two tonnes of explosives in an operation in Karachi’s Raees Goth, Counter Terrorism Department (CTD) Deputy Inspector General Ghulam Azfar Mahesar said on Monday.

    “One truck, more than thirty large drums, five cylinders have been seized,” said the CTD officer while briefing the media alongside CTD AIG Zulfiqar Larik.

    Providing details of the operation, DIG Mahesar noted that more than 2,000 kilogrammes of explosives have been recovered and three terrorists have been arrested.

    Noting that the explosives had been defused, the police officer said that the suspects had planned a major terrorist attack in Karachi.

    On the identity of the terrorists, the DIG said that they are associated with Balochistan Liberation Army (BLA) commander Bashir.

    Pointing out that commercial-grade explosives were also recovered, he said that the explosives were being transported via various routes and consolidated at the location concerned.

    Apprising of those behind the terror plot, DIG Mahesar said that the planning was carried out abroad.

    The action comes against the backdrop of ongoing nationwide counterterrorist efforts in the country, which has witnessed an increase in terror incidents since the Afghan Taliban’s takeover of Kabul.

    The country, however, has experienced an almost 17% drop in terrorist attacks in December 2025 and a 9% decline in November, according to a Centre for Research and Security Studies (CRSS) annual security report.

    Pakistan had closed the Torkham and Chaman borders with Afghanistan on October 12 after the Afghan Taliban, in association with their affiliated militants, attacked multiple Pakistan Armed Forces posts along the border.

    However, the report highlights that the 2025 witnessed a 34% surge in overall violence making it the most violent year for the country in a decade where it has “suffered a sustained escalation in violence for five consecutive years since 2021, coinciding with the Taliban’s return to power in Afghanistan; with almost 38% in 2021, over 15% in 2022, 56% in 2023, nearly 67% in 2024, and 34% in 2025”.

    Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, which has faced the brunt of terrorist attacks and accounted for over 96% of all fatalities and almost 93% of violent incidents recorded during the entire 2025.

    Meanwhile, Sindh reported 51 incidents causing 56 fatalities and 40 injuries; 1.73% of the total.

    With about 2,060 deaths as a result of at least 392 security operations, the outlaws accounted for over 60% of the fatalities recorded in 2025 — surpassing the combined fatal losses among the civilians and security officials.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    22febdm@gmail.com
    • Website

    Related Posts

    ‘Bold and important first step’: Trump hails Pakistan-KSA-Turkiye defence pact

    August 17, 2026

    New provinces amendment will come ‘without Rana Sanaullah knowing’, says Kamal

    August 16, 2026

    Schedule for election on eight AJK assembly reserved seats announced

    August 16, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Demo
    Our Picks
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    Don't Miss
    Entertainment

    Taylor Swift debuts new haircut at friends’ UK wedding

    By 22febdm@gmail.comAugust 17, 20260

    Taylor Swift debuts new haircut at friends’ UK weddingTaylor Swift showed off a fresh, shorter…

    Saudi-Pakistan-Türkiye pact draws Trump’s strong praise

    August 17, 2026

    Trump cuts South Korea war games after Seoul refuses to join U.S. on Iran

    August 17, 2026

    Prince William and Harry will reunite for Diana’s 30th anniversary

    August 17, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    22Media
    Facebook Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    © 2026 22Media. Designed by AleemSoft Hub.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?