Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Iran war live: Trump rejects MoU extension as US claims control of Hormuz | Donald Trump News

    August 18, 2026

    Iran threatens attack on US blockade as Washington rules out extending ceasefire

    August 18, 2026

    Demi Moore pens heartwarming wish for newlywed daughter Tallulah

    August 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Login
    22Media22Media
    Subscribe
    • Home
    • News
      • Pakistan News
      • World News
      • Amazing News
      • Only On 22
    • Sports
    • Bussiness
    • Innovation
      • Health & Sciences
      • Technology
    • Culture
      • Crime & Justice
      • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Magazines
    • Weather
    • Video
    • Live
    22Media22Media
    Home»News»World News»Israeli drone attack kills 1 in southern Lebanon despite ceasefire deal | Israel attacks Lebanon News
    World News

    Israeli drone attack kills 1 in southern Lebanon despite ceasefire deal | Israel attacks Lebanon News

    22febdm@gmail.comBy 22febdm@gmail.comFebruary 19, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    The incident marks the first death since Israeli troops withdrew from most of the border area on Tuesday.

    At least one person has been killed in an Israeli drone attack on a vehicle in southern Lebanon, just one day after Israeli troops withdrew from most of the border area.

    Lebanon’s state-run National News Agency (NNA) reported that “an enemy drone struck a vehicle… in the town of Aita al-Shaab” on Wednesday.

    Sanad, Al Jazeera’s fact-checking agency, identified the victim as Yusuf Mohammed Sorour, the son of the mayor of the town, targeted while he was sitting in his car in front of his home.

    NNA had earlier reported that in a separate attack, one person was wounded in the Wazzani region after Israeli forces opened fire “while residents were inspecting” restaurants and cafes in the area.

    The NNA also reported Israeli forces shot towards homes near the town of Shebaa.

    A ceasefire deal agreed in November 2024 had halted more than a year of hostilities between Israel and Hezbollah, including two months of all-out war in which Israel’s relentless bombing killed more than 4,000 people, according to Lebanon’s Ministry of Public Health.

    Under the deal, Lebanon’s military was to deploy alongside UN peacekeepers as the Israeli army withdrew over a 60-day period that was later extended to February 18.

    Hezbollah was to pull back north of the Litani River, about 30km (20 miles) from the border, and dismantle remaining military infrastructure in the south.

    Israel announced just before the deadline that it would temporarily keep troops in “five strategic points” near the border.

    The army said they were hilltops overlooking the border where troops would remain to “make sure there’s no immediate threat” – something that Lebanon rejects.

    On Tuesday, Lebanon said it was in contact with mediators – the United States and France – to press Israel to fully withdraw, branding its continued presence in five places an “occupation”.

    The UN called the incomplete pullout a violation of a Security Council resolution.

    Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu had warned in November that Israel would maintain “full military freedom of action” in case of any truce breach.

    The refusal by Israel to withdraw all of its forces confers more uncertainty over the fragile ceasefire deal.

    Israel has repeatedly violated the ceasefire by launching sporadic attacks. The Armed Conflict Location and Event Data Project (ACLED) recorded 330 air raids and shellings carried out by Israel between November 27 and January 10, and 260 property destructions.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    22febdm@gmail.com
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Iran war live: Trump rejects MoU extension as US claims control of Hormuz | Donald Trump News

    August 18, 2026

    Iran threatens attack on US blockade as Washington rules out extending ceasefire

    August 18, 2026

    ‘We will not allow Gaza to be rebuilt’ until Hamas disarms, Kushner says | Israel-Palestine conflict News

    August 17, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Demo
    Our Picks
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    Don't Miss
    World News

    Iran war live: Trump rejects MoU extension as US claims control of Hormuz | Donald Trump News

    By 22febdm@gmail.comAugust 18, 20260

    blinking-dotLive updatesLive updates, US president says Iran should ‘put up the white flag of surrender’…

    Iran threatens attack on US blockade as Washington rules out extending ceasefire

    August 18, 2026

    Demi Moore pens heartwarming wish for newlywed daughter Tallulah

    August 18, 2026

    ‘We will not allow Gaza to be rebuilt’ until Hamas disarms, Kushner says | Israel-Palestine conflict News

    August 17, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    22Media
    Facebook Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    © 2026 22Media. Designed by AleemSoft Hub.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?