Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Iran war live: Trump rejects MoU extension as US claims control of Hormuz | Donald Trump News

    August 18, 2026

    Iran threatens attack on US blockade as Washington rules out extending ceasefire

    August 18, 2026

    Demi Moore pens heartwarming wish for newlywed daughter Tallulah

    August 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Login
    22Media22Media
    Subscribe
    • Home
    • News
      • Pakistan News
      • World News
      • Amazing News
      • Only On 22
    • Sports
    • Bussiness
    • Innovation
      • Health & Sciences
      • Technology
    • Culture
      • Crime & Justice
      • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Magazines
    • Weather
    • Video
    • Live
    22Media22Media
    Home»News»World News»Iran faces surrender demand as US says needed deal remains out of reach
    World News

    Iran faces surrender demand as US says needed deal remains out of reach

    22febdm@gmail.comBy 22febdm@gmail.comAugust 17, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    People gather after U.S. President Donald Trump said that he had agreed to a two-week ceasefire with Iran, in Tehran, Iran, April 8, 2026. — Reuters
    People gather after U.S. President Donald Trump said that he had agreed to a two-week ceasefire with Iran, in Tehran, Iran, April 8, 2026. — Reuters
    • Trump says Iran must not be allowed to possess a nuclear weapon.
    • US president rejects extending the interim agreement with Iran.
    • Threatens Oman if it obstructs efforts over Hormuz shipping.

    WASHINGTON: President Donald Trump said on Monday that Iran would not make the deal he thinks is needed to end a war with the US and should surrender as talks between the countries remained stalled.

    “They’re not going to make the kind of a deal that I feel is necessary. Look, we’re in there for one reason: Iran cannot have a nuclear weapon,” he told reporters in the Oval Office.

    Asked whether the US was seeking to extend an interim deal with Iran, Trump said “no.”

    The interim deal agreed to in June declared an “immediate and permanent termination of military operations on all fronts”, but quickly unravelled, with Trump saying it was “over” on July 7 and Iran’s foreign ministry declaring it “suspended” a week later.

    Under that memorandum of understanding, Iran and the US committed to negotiating a final deal — covering broader issues such as the fate of Iran’s nuclear programme — in a maximum of 60 days, extendable by mutual consent. Monday marks 60 days since the MOU was signed.

    Hours before, Trump told a Fox News reporter during a phone interview that Iran “should put up the white flag of surrender.”

    Separately, Oman and Iran have been in talks to try to reach an agreement to restore commercial shipping in the Strait of Hormuz, which carried 20% of the world’s oil and liquefied natural gas supplies before the US-Israeli attacks on Iran began in late February.

    “If Oman gets in the way, we’ll bomb the shit out of them,” Trump told Fox.

    When asked later in the Oval Office if he was out of patience with Oman, Trump told reporters: “No, I don’t think they behaved very well, but we’d handle them very easily, just like we do other things.”

    The dispute over control of the Strait of Hormuz has driven up fuel prices and put pressure on Trump to end a war that is unpopular at home ahead of the November midterm elections that will decide ‌control of the US Congress.

    Trump told Fox News that the midterms were not impacting his strategy on Iran.

    “Midterms have nothing to do with my thinking,” he said.

    Earlier on Monday, Trump posted on his Truth Social platform: “The number one Goal is, and always will be, that Iran cannot have, in any way, shape, or form, a Nuclear Weapon,” repeating one of his stated rationales for the war.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    22febdm@gmail.com
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Iran war live: Trump rejects MoU extension as US claims control of Hormuz | Donald Trump News

    August 18, 2026

    Iran threatens attack on US blockade as Washington rules out extending ceasefire

    August 18, 2026

    ‘We will not allow Gaza to be rebuilt’ until Hamas disarms, Kushner says | Israel-Palestine conflict News

    August 17, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Demo
    Our Picks
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    Don't Miss
    World News

    Iran war live: Trump rejects MoU extension as US claims control of Hormuz | Donald Trump News

    By 22febdm@gmail.comAugust 18, 20260

    blinking-dotLive updatesLive updates, US president says Iran should ‘put up the white flag of surrender’…

    Iran threatens attack on US blockade as Washington rules out extending ceasefire

    August 18, 2026

    Demi Moore pens heartwarming wish for newlywed daughter Tallulah

    August 18, 2026

    ‘We will not allow Gaza to be rebuilt’ until Hamas disarms, Kushner says | Israel-Palestine conflict News

    August 17, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    22Media
    Facebook Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    © 2026 22Media. Designed by AleemSoft Hub.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?