Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Taylor Lautner, Tay’s baby shower is picture-perfect! Look

    August 20, 2026

    ChatGPT for teens refuses homework requests in ‘Study Mode’

    August 20, 2026

    Operation Radd-ul-Fitna-3: Five militants killed in Panjgur

    August 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Login
    22Media22Media
    Subscribe
    • Home
    • News
      • Pakistan News
      • World News
      • Amazing News
      • Only On 22
    • Sports
    • Bussiness
    • Innovation
      • Health & Sciences
      • Technology
    • Culture
      • Crime & Justice
      • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Magazines
    • Weather
    • Video
    • Live
    22Media22Media
    Home»News»World News»First open iftar held at Windsor Castle in 1,000-year history
    World News

    First open iftar held at Windsor Castle in 1,000-year history

    22febdm@gmail.comBy 22febdm@gmail.comMarch 4, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    People breaking fast inside Windsor Castles State Apartments. — Reporter
    People breaking fast inside Windsor Castle’s State Apartments. — Reporter

    LONDON: A charity held the first-ever open iftar inside Windsor Castle’s State Apartments in the castle’s 1,000-year history.

    St George’s Hall, world renowned for hosting state banquets, welcomed over 360 guests of all backgrounds to mark the first open iftar event of 2025 organised by the Ramadan Tent Project in collaboration with Royal Collection Trust, the charity that welcomes visitors to the official royal residences.

    It is the first event of its kind to mark the Muslim holy month of Ramadan inside the State Apartments at the world’s largest and oldest occupied castle in the world, and the first iftar gathering held in the Hall, which was constructed in the 14th century during the reign of King Edward III.

    Open iftar has so far brought together over one million people across the UK and saw some of Britain’s most well-known venues open their doors to visitors from all faiths and none, to foster community, inclusivity and cultural exchange during Ramadan.

    Children gesture as they attend the first-ever open iftar inside Windsor Castles State Apartments. — Reporter
    Children gesture as they attend the first-ever open iftar inside Windsor Castle’s State Apartments. — Reporter

    Omar Salha, Founder and CEO of Ramadan Tent Project said: “Breaking our fast and marking the holy month of Ramadan at Windsor Castle, one of the most famous and iconic royal landmarks in the world, is an incredibly surreal and poignant moment to share with people of all faiths and none.

    “It serves as a powerful reminder of how proud we are to represent a pillar of Britain’s rich cultural ecology celebrating community, belonging and inclusion. It is an honour to be welcomed back to host open iftar at some of Britain’s most iconic and loved venues. To receive overwhelming interest from new partners and spaces across the capital and the UK is a beautiful tribute to Ramadan.”

    “Ramadan holds profound significance for millions observing across the UK and many more across the globe. It is a time of deep introspection, reflection, and self-discipline where we connect and engage in worship with family and friends through acts of service and charity.”

    A man recites the Azan during the first-ever open iftar inside Windsor Castles State Apartments. — Reporter
    A man recites the Azan during the first-ever open iftar inside Windsor Castle’s State Apartments. — Reporter

    Simon Maples, Visitor Operations Director (London and Windsor) at Royal Collection Trust said: “…this year we are hosting the event in St George’s Hall, the largest of the Castle’s magnificent State Apartments, where State Banquets usually take place — meaning that we can welcome more than 350 guests to share an Iftar meal together in this historic setting.”

    “The event has been a fantastic opportunity to welcome people from the local community and those of all faiths and backgrounds to the Castle, in support of Royal Collection Trust’s charitable aim to ensure that the Palaces and the Royal Collection can be enjoyed by everyone.”

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    22febdm@gmail.com
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Netanyahu warns Israel will not tolerate Turkish military presence in Syria | Recep Tayyip Erdogan

    August 20, 2026

    Australian anger as Israel drops World Central Kitchen deaths case | Gaza

    August 20, 2026

    Exclusive: Pentagon sends ‘political loyalty’ survey to US allies | Politics

    August 20, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Demo
    Our Picks
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    Don't Miss
    Entertainment

    Taylor Lautner, Tay’s baby shower is picture-perfect! Look

    By 22febdm@gmail.comAugust 20, 20260

    Taylor Lautner, Tay’s baby shower is picture-perfect! LookTaylor Lautner and Tay Lautner are getting ready…

    ChatGPT for teens refuses homework requests in ‘Study Mode’

    August 20, 2026

    Operation Radd-ul-Fitna-3: Five militants killed in Panjgur

    August 20, 2026

    Russian missile and drone strikes kill 12 in Kyiv

    August 20, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    22Media
    Facebook Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    © 2026 22Media. Designed by AleemSoft Hub.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?