Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Katie Price’s husband Lee Andrews’ ‘biggest lie ever’ exposed

    August 18, 2026

    Thousands mourn Jason Arday in London, blaming ‘racist’ press for his death | Racism

    August 18, 2026

    Kim Kardashian shares ‘rainbow’ moments with Lewis Hamilton and family

    August 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Login
    22Media22Media
    Subscribe
    • Home
    • News
      • Pakistan News
      • World News
      • Amazing News
      • Only On 22
    • Sports
    • Bussiness
    • Innovation
      • Health & Sciences
      • Technology
    • Culture
      • Crime & Justice
      • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Magazines
    • Weather
    • Video
    • Live
    22Media22Media
    Home»News»World News»China hunts for survivors following landslide in Sichuan province | Climate News
    World News

    China hunts for survivors following landslide in Sichuan province | Climate News

    22febdm@gmail.comBy 22febdm@gmail.comFebruary 8, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Beijing’s emergency ministry reports two people have been rescued and 200 relocated.

    China has launched a search for more than 30 people after a landslide hit the southwestern Sichuan province.

    The landslide hit Jinping village in the city of Yibin on Saturday at about 11:50am (03:50 GMT), state broadcaster CCTV reported. Authorities said dozens are missing, with conditions remaining dangerous.

    “Ten houses had been buried, more than 30 people were missing, and about 200 people were evacuated and relocated,” CCTV said.

    The landslide was “still ongoing”, the broadcaster warned, quoting on-site rescuers. Residents, hundreds of whom have been evacuated, were ordered to stay away from the area.

    President Xi Jinping expressed his concern and urged authorities to make every effort to search for the missing and minimise casualties, the official Xinhua news agency reported.

    The Ministry of Emergency Management said two people had been rescued, while 200 were relocated. Emergency response teams were on site searching for survivors, it added.

    Premier Li Qiang asked for an investigation and inspection of potential geological hazard risks in nearby areas.

    He also called for further residents who may be at risk to be evacuated to prevent another disaster.

    One villager told state-run Beijing News that rocks had frequently been seen rolling down the mountain over recent months, and that geologists had inspected the area late last year.

    The National Development and Reform Commission has allocated 50 million yuan ($6.9m) from the central budget to support the emergency restoration of infrastructure and public service facilities, Xinhua said.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    22febdm@gmail.com
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Thousands mourn Jason Arday in London, blaming ‘racist’ press for his death | Racism

    August 18, 2026

    Trump says talking to North Korea’s Kim makes the south safer | Newsfeed

    August 18, 2026

    Erdogan calls on Trump to prioritise diplomacy in talks with Iran

    August 18, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Demo
    Our Picks
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    Don't Miss
    Entertainment

    Katie Price’s husband Lee Andrews’ ‘biggest lie ever’ exposed

    By 22febdm@gmail.comAugust 18, 20260

    The former glamour model displayed her ‘Owned by Lee’ tattoo as she posed in a…

    Thousands mourn Jason Arday in London, blaming ‘racist’ press for his death | Racism

    August 18, 2026

    Kim Kardashian shares ‘rainbow’ moments with Lewis Hamilton and family

    August 18, 2026

    Trump says talking to North Korea’s Kim makes the south safer | Newsfeed

    August 18, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    22Media
    Facebook Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    © 2026 22Media. Designed by AleemSoft Hub.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?