Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Dave Bautista cast as Kratos in Amazon’s ‘God of War’ series

    August 20, 2026

    US charges woman for allegedly plotting attack on New York State Capitol | Crime News

    August 20, 2026

    ‘The Odyssey’ passes ‘Deadpool & Wolverine’ as highest-grossing R-rated movie

    August 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Login
    22Media22Media
    Subscribe
    • Home
    • News
      • Pakistan News
      • World News
      • Amazing News
      • Only On 22
    • Sports
    • Bussiness
    • Innovation
      • Health & Sciences
      • Technology
    • Culture
      • Crime & Justice
      • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Magazines
    • Weather
    • Video
    • Live
    22Media22Media
    Home»News»World News»Bosnia’s top court suspends separatist laws adopted by Bosnian Serbs | Conflict News
    World News

    Bosnia’s top court suspends separatist laws adopted by Bosnian Serbs | Conflict News

    22febdm@gmail.comBy 22febdm@gmail.comMarch 7, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Laws passed by the autonomous Republika Srpska region reject the authority of the federal police and judiciary.

    Bosnia’s Constitutional Court has suspended legislation passed by the autonomous Republika Srpska region which rejects the authority of the federal police and judiciary on its territory.

    The court said on Friday that it was “temporarily suspending” the laws that Bosnian Serb President Milorad Dodik pushed through the regional parliament earlier this week.

    The laws were passed days after a court in Sarajevo sentenced Dodik to a year in prison and banned from office for six years for refusing to comply with decisions made by Christian Schmidt – the international high representative charged with overseeing Bosnia’s peace accords.

    Since the end of Bosnia’s inter-ethnic conflict in the 1990s, the country has consisted of two autonomous regions – Republika Srpska and a Muslim-Croat federation, which are linked by a weak central government.

    Bosnian officials say that Dodik’s laws violate the Dayton Peace Agreement that ended the country’s 1992-95 war, binding the two entities under joint institutions, including the army, top courts and tax authorities.

    Dodik on Thursday said he would ignore a summons from Bosnian state prosecutors investigating him for allegedly undermining the country’s constitutional order.

    On Friday, he doubled down on his separatist drive, calling on ethnic Serbs to quit the federal police force and courts and join the government of Republika Srpska.

    “We have ensured them a job, while preserving their legal status, ranks, and positions. They will receive the same salary, or even a higher salary than they had,” said Dodik.

    Dodik later added there were no plans for violent escalation but insisted that Republika Srpska had “the ability to defend itself, and we will do that”.

    On Friday, local media reported that the Bosnian Serb Republic’s police had forced federal agents from the State Information and Protection Agency (SIPA) out of their premises in the city of Banja Luka.

    But SIPA head Darko Culum later labelled the reports incorrect, insisting that the security situation in Bosnia and Herzegovina was “stable and calm”.

    The situation in Republika Srpska remained tense on Friday.

    The Srebrenica Memorial Centre – where most of the 8,000 victims killed by ethnic Serb forces in July 1995 are buried – said it had closed its doors “until further notice”, citing uncertainty triggered by the ongoing political crisis.

    “This decision has been made due to the inability to ensure adequate security guarantees for our employees, collaborators, guests, and visitors,” said the centre, which is located in the village of Potocari, in an online statement.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    22febdm@gmail.com
    • Website

    Related Posts

    US charges woman for allegedly plotting attack on New York State Capitol | Crime News

    August 20, 2026

    Pakistan’s ex-PM Imran Khan reportedly moved to hospital from jail | Politics News

    August 20, 2026

    US pummels Cuban economy with new sanctions on mining, construction | Donald Trump News

    August 20, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Demo
    Our Picks
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    Don't Miss
    Entertainment

    Dave Bautista cast as Kratos in Amazon’s ‘God of War’ series

    By 22febdm@gmail.comAugust 20, 20260

    God of War Finds Its New Kratos in Dave BautistaDave Bautista has landed the lead…

    US charges woman for allegedly plotting attack on New York State Capitol | Crime News

    August 20, 2026

    ‘The Odyssey’ passes ‘Deadpool & Wolverine’ as highest-grossing R-rated movie

    August 20, 2026

    Pakistan’s ex-PM Imran Khan reportedly moved to hospital from jail | Politics News

    August 20, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    22Media
    Facebook Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    © 2026 22Media. Designed by AleemSoft Hub.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?