Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Oil prices surge as tanker attack adds to Strait of Hormuz risks

    August 18, 2026

    Spain builds tent cities for the thousands stuck in Ceuta | Migration

    August 18, 2026

    PM Shehbaz inaugurates Google’s Pakistan office, calls it ‘beautiful new journey’

    August 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Login
    22Media22Media
    Subscribe
    • Home
    • News
      • Pakistan News
      • World News
      • Amazing News
      • Only On 22
    • Sports
    • Bussiness
    • Innovation
      • Health & Sciences
      • Technology
    • Culture
      • Crime & Justice
      • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Magazines
    • Weather
    • Video
    • Live
    22Media22Media
    Home»News»Pakistan News»Vehicles without M-tag to be banned in Islamabad from January 1
    Pakistan News

    Vehicles without M-tag to be banned in Islamabad from January 1

    22febdm@gmail.comBy 22febdm@gmail.comDecember 28, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    This undated image shows people standing in a queue for M-tag registration. — Online
    This undated image shows people standing in a queue for M-tag registration. — Online

    The district administration in Islamabad has decided to bar the entry of vehicles without an M-Tag into the federal capital from January 1, 2026.

    Deputy Commissioner Islamabad Irfan Memon said the decision had been taken on the instructions of Interior Minister Mohsin Naqvi, adding that action would be taken against vehicles entering the city without the mandatory electronic tag.

    He said 16 designated points had been established across Islamabad to facilitate the issuance of M-tags. Since November 14, nearly 100,000 vehicles have been issued M-tags, the deputy commissioner added.

    Memon said vehicles without M-tags would be identified through tag readers, which have been installed at various entry points and check posts across the city.

    He further said the tag readers would become fully operational from January 1.

    Meanwhile, Interior Minister Mohsin Naqvi, while visiting Safe City headquarters in Islamabad today, directed the officials concerned to expedite work on the Capital Smart City project in Islamabad.

    Naqvi said basic civic facilities like Rescue 1122, traffic and security will be integrated into the central system in the smart city. He said the Capital Smart City project will be adopted as a model to make Islamabad the safest city. “The scope of the smart city will be extended to the entire country,” he added.

    The interior minister also sought a comprehensive plan from officials concerned to make Islamabad Safe City a Capital Smart City.

    During the visit, Inspector General of Police (IGP) Islamabad Syed Ali Nasir Rizvi gave a detailed briefing on the issues related to the transition from Safe City to Capital Smart City.

    On the occasion, the security czar also reviewed the monitoring system of Islamabad Safe City and inspected the security surveillance at the special Chinese desk in the control room.

    He said vehicles without an M-tag will be banned from entering Islamabad from January 1, 2026.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    22febdm@gmail.com
    • Website

    Related Posts

    PM Shehbaz inaugurates Google’s Pakistan office, calls it ‘beautiful new journey’

    August 18, 2026

    Punjab CM Maryam announces three-day Basant festival in March 2027

    August 18, 2026

    Health Ministry employees to go without salary if not tested for hepatitis C: Kamal

    August 18, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Demo
    Our Picks
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    Don't Miss
    Technology

    Oil prices surge as tanker attack adds to Strait of Hormuz risks

    By 22febdm@gmail.comAugust 18, 20260

    Brent crude rose above $91 a barrel, while U.S. West Texas Intermediate crude approached $85…

    Spain builds tent cities for the thousands stuck in Ceuta | Migration

    August 18, 2026

    PM Shehbaz inaugurates Google’s Pakistan office, calls it ‘beautiful new journey’

    August 18, 2026

    Cynthia Erivo reflects on surprise Ariana Grande reunion: ‘I missed this’

    August 18, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    22Media
    Facebook Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    © 2026 22Media. Designed by AleemSoft Hub.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?