Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Trump lashes out at CNN reporter over South Korea question | Donald Trump

    August 18, 2026

    At least nine terrorists killed in separate Balochistan IBOs: security sources

    August 18, 2026

    Holly Willoughby stuns in vacation looks during Portugal getaway

    August 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Login
    22Media22Media
    Subscribe
    • Home
    • News
      • Pakistan News
      • World News
      • Amazing News
      • Only On 22
    • Sports
    • Bussiness
    • Innovation
      • Health & Sciences
      • Technology
    • Culture
      • Crime & Justice
      • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Magazines
    • Weather
    • Video
    • Live
    22Media22Media
    Home»News»Pakistan News»Transporters observe wheel-jam strike in Punjab against heavy fines
    Pakistan News

    Transporters observe wheel-jam strike in Punjab against heavy fines

    22febdm@gmail.comBy 22febdm@gmail.comDecember 8, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Labourers walk on a deserted road in this undated photo. — AFP/File
    Labourers walk on a deserted road in this undated photo. — AFP/File 

    Transporters in Punjab and Rawalpindi have announced a wheel-jam strike for Monday (today)  to protest heavy fines, calling on the provincial government to immediately withdraw the Traffic Ordinance 2025.

    Addressing a joint press conference in Lahore, Pakistan Transport United Action Committee leaders categorically rejected the ordinance, saying that heavy fines were being collected through the ordinance. They described it as “unfair” to transporters.

    “Public transport will remain suspended until the ordinance is withdrawn,” warned the transporters.

    Goods transport, mini buses, loaders, and rickshaws would also join the strike, while intra-city, inter-district, and inter-provincial transport services would remain suspended, they added.

    It is pertinent to mention here that the first round of talks between transporters and the Punjab government failed. According to the transport association, the next round of talks will be held today at 2 pm.

    Reacting to the transporters’ strike, Punjab Inspector General of Police (IGP) Dr Usman Anwar has said that they would not bow down to any “blackmailing” or pressure.

    “Driving without a license is tantamount to inviting death and accidents,” he added.

    The Punjab IG said that in civilised countries, the law is upheld rather than challenged through strikes. He added that driving without a licence is a “licence to kill,” a practice that exists nowhere else in the world.

    The Punjab police last week issued at least 63,970 challans worth over Rs80 million in 24 hours as part of an ongoing crackdown on traffic violators.

    A police spokesperson said the challans had been issued to vehicles and motorcycles across the province.

    At least 28,000 challans were issued in a single day for helmet violations, and 4,312 for other traffic rule breaches, the spokesperson had added. 

    Furthermore, the police confiscated 23,904 vehicles, the official had said.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    22febdm@gmail.com
    • Website

    Related Posts

    At least nine terrorists killed in separate Balochistan IBOs: security sources

    August 18, 2026

    Supreme Court orders Imran Khan’s transfer to Shifa Int’l Hospital amid health concerns

    August 18, 2026

    ISPR tears apart ‘Bollywood-style’ Op Sindoor documentary, says India cannot rewrite defeat

    August 17, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Demo
    Our Picks
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    Don't Miss
    World News

    Trump lashes out at CNN reporter over South Korea question | Donald Trump

    By 22febdm@gmail.comAugust 18, 20260

    “You’re a fake reporter,” Donald Trump told a CNN reporter who asked whether North Korea’s…

    At least nine terrorists killed in separate Balochistan IBOs: security sources

    August 18, 2026

    Holly Willoughby stuns in vacation looks during Portugal getaway

    August 18, 2026

    ISPR slams ‘Bollywood-style’ Op Sindoor documentary, rejects India’s victory claim

    August 18, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    22Media
    Facebook Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    © 2026 22Media. Designed by AleemSoft Hub.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?