Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Hockey World Cup 2026: Pakistan assistant coach says no pressure against India

    August 18, 2026

    Kanye West releases new music video directed by wife Bianca Censori

    August 18, 2026

    Sirajuddin Aziz signs agreement for publication of memoirs

    August 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Login
    22Media22Media
    Subscribe
    • Home
    • News
      • Pakistan News
      • World News
      • Amazing News
      • Only On 22
    • Sports
    • Bussiness
    • Innovation
      • Health & Sciences
      • Technology
    • Culture
      • Crime & Justice
      • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Magazines
    • Weather
    • Video
    • Live
    22Media22Media
    Home»News»Pakistan News»Gas crisis hits several KP districts after Hasankhel pipeline blast
    Pakistan News

    Gas crisis hits several KP districts after Hasankhel pipeline blast

    22febdm@gmail.comBy 22febdm@gmail.comNovember 27, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    The image shows the blaze in the gas pipeline. — YouTube@Geo News/Screengrab
    The image shows the blaze in the gas pipeline. — YouTube@Geo News/Screengrab
    • Blast occurs in Karak–Nowshera gas pipeline. 
    • Gas utility suspends gas supply for public safety.
    • Police say not ruling out terror activity in Hasankhel incident.

    PESHAWAR: A powerful explosion ripped through a major gas pipeline in the Hasankhel area of Peshawar late on Wednesday, triggering a blaze in the 24-inch main supply line along the Karak–Nowshera route, an official from the gas utility said.

    The blast forced authorities to suspend gas delivery to multiple districts in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa as a precaution for public safety.

    Speaking to Geo News, Sui Northern Gas Pipelines Limited (SNGPL) General Manager Waqas Shinwari said that emergency repair teams had been dispatched immediately to isolate the damaged section and initiate a safety inspection.

    He said gas supply to Peshawar, Charsadda, Nowshera, Mardan and Swat was likely to be affected. However, he stressed that alternative arrangements were being made to maintain supply in the affected districts.

    Shinwari added that the supply to the twin cities of Islamabad and Rawalpindi could also face disruption, but reassured consumers that gas would be prioritised during mealtimes in the affected areas, including Swat and Abbottabad.

    He said repair work would begin once the fire was fully extinguished, noting that a detailed inspection of the blast site would follow. “We have launched a full investigation into the incident and its cause,” he said.

    Local police confirmed that the gas supply had been halted and urged residents to stay away from the area until it was declared safe.

    Officials have not ruled out the possibility of sabotage or terrorist activity.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    22febdm@gmail.com
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Govt to seek review of SC order on Imran’s hospital transfer: law minister

    August 18, 2026

    Mir Raza case: No ‘major progress’ as police await further details of chemical report

    August 18, 2026

    PM Shehbaz inaugurates Google’s Pakistan office, calls it ‘beautiful new journey’

    August 18, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Demo
    Our Picks
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    Don't Miss
    Sports

    Hockey World Cup 2026: Pakistan assistant coach says no pressure against India

    By 22febdm@gmail.comAugust 18, 20260

    Pakistan players sing the national anthem ahead of their FIH Hockey World Cup 2026 match…

    Kanye West releases new music video directed by wife Bianca Censori

    August 18, 2026

    Sirajuddin Aziz signs agreement for publication of memoirs

    August 18, 2026

    The ‘witch-hunt’ of Jason Arday | News

    August 18, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    22Media
    Facebook Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    © 2026 22Media. Designed by AleemSoft Hub.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?