Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Role Model, Dakota Johnson part ways after recent collaboration

    August 20, 2026

    Norway quashes 16-year-old fraud case against Umar Farooq Zahoor

    August 20, 2026

    Iranian FM, Pakistani Army Chief discuss regional developments

    August 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Login
    22Media22Media
    Subscribe
    • Home
    • News
      • Pakistan News
      • World News
      • Amazing News
      • Only On 22
    • Sports
    • Bussiness
    • Innovation
      • Health & Sciences
      • Technology
    • Culture
      • Crime & Justice
      • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Magazines
    • Weather
    • Video
    • Live
    22Media22Media
    Home»News»Pakistan News»Punjab neither begged for flood aid nor complained, says CM Maryam
    Pakistan News

    Punjab neither begged for flood aid nor complained, says CM Maryam

    22febdm@gmail.comBy 22febdm@gmail.comOctober 20, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Punjab Chief Minister addresses ceremony in Okara to distribute flood cards among victims, Okara, Punjab, October 20, 2025. — Screengrab via YouTube/Geo News
    Punjab Chief Minister addresses ceremony in Okara to distribute flood cards among victims, Okara, Punjab, October 20, 2025. — Screengrab via YouTube/Geo News 
    • CM launches Rs100bn flood relief programme.
    • Families of deceased victims receive Rs1m each.
    • No foreign aid sought, says Maryam Nawaz.

    LAHORE: Punjab Chief Minister Maryam Nawaz on Monday asserted that her government had neither complained nor sought help from anyone for assisting flood-affected citizens, noting that Punjab would handle the crisis through its own resources.

    “I did not stretch my hands before anyone. I have protected the self-respect of Punjab’s people,” she said in an apparent reference to Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) Chairman Bilawal Bhutto’s appeal to Centre for seeking international assistance for flood victims.

    Earlier in September, the PPP chief criticised the “delay” in initiating this process, which was “beyond comprehension”.

    “This is standard practice for disasters of this scale internationally. It was done for the last floods when I was the foreign minister, before that, the 2010 floods and the 2005 earthquake. Countries all over the world do the same within the first 72 hours of such disasters.”

    The two key allies were engaged in a searing war of words, which began over flood compensation through the Benazir Income Support Programme (BISP).

    However, the verbal bicker subsided after PML-N scrambled a delegation comprising DPM Dar, Interior Minister Mohsin Naqvi and National Assembly Speaker Ayaz Sadiq, who met President Asif Ali Zardari in Nawabshah.

    Addressing a ceremony in Okara to distribute flood cards among victim, the chief minister announced the formal launch of the rehabilitation process for affected families.

    “Today marks the beginning of the recovery phase for flood victims,” she said, adding that 70% of the survey has been completed and that the government would not rest until every affected household was fairly assessed.

    Maryam said that cheque distribution has started across 15 districts, with Rs100 billion allocated for flood relief. “No one other than the victims will receive a single rupee,” she said, adding that all routes to corruption have been sealed.

    The chief minister noted that families who lost their homes entirely are receiving Rs1 million, while those with partially damaged houses are being paid Rs500,000. Families of deceased victims are also receiving Rs1 million, while farmers are being compensated Rs20,000 per acre for crop losses.

    She added that mobile hospitals for people and animals were deployed, and 1,700 rescue teams were formed before floodwaters receded. “I personally took an oath from 10,000 workers to serve with honesty,” she noted.

    Maryam announced that 72 camps have been established and that 71,000 bank accounts for flood victims have been opened. Victims are receiving Rs50,000 in cash from counters, while up to Rs300,000 can be withdrawn daily via ATM cards.

    She emphasised that there will be no discrimination among cities, adding that relief camps across Punjab would operate with the same facilities. 

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    22febdm@gmail.com
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Heavy rain lashes Islamabad, Rawalpindi as flood-warning sirens wail

    August 19, 2026

    Pakistan extends airspace ban on Indian aircraft until Sept 24

    August 19, 2026

    Torrential rain wreaks havoc in Rawalpindi, Islamabad as Nullah Lai rises

    August 19, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Demo
    Our Picks
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    Don't Miss
    Entertainment

    Role Model, Dakota Johnson part ways after recent collaboration

    By 22febdm@gmail.comAugust 20, 20260

    Role Model and Dakota Johnson call it quits after public declaration of loveDakota Johnson and…

    Norway quashes 16-year-old fraud case against Umar Farooq Zahoor

    August 20, 2026

    Iranian FM, Pakistani Army Chief discuss regional developments

    August 20, 2026

    Pakistan sounds alarm over Israeli strikes on Syrian airbase, demands accountability

    August 20, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    22Media
    Facebook Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    © 2026 22Media. Designed by AleemSoft Hub.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?