Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Yahya Abdul-Mateen II calls out Marvel over ‘Wonder Man’

    August 20, 2026

    Prince Harry plans return to UK with family after six years

    August 20, 2026

    Bangladesh lawmakers elect BNP veteran Alamgir as President

    August 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Login
    22Media22Media
    Subscribe
    • Home
    • News
      • Pakistan News
      • World News
      • Amazing News
      • Only On 22
    • Sports
    • Bussiness
    • Innovation
      • Health & Sciences
      • Technology
    • Culture
      • Crime & Justice
      • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Magazines
    • Weather
    • Video
    • Live
    22Media22Media
    Home»News»Pakistan News»Pak-Saudi defence pact could become Eastern Nato if more nations join: DPM Dar
    Pakistan News

    Pak-Saudi defence pact could become Eastern Nato if more nations join: DPM Dar

    22febdm@gmail.comBy 22febdm@gmail.comOctober 3, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    DPM and FM Ishaq Dar speaks during a NA session on October 3, 2025. — X@NAofPakistan
    DPM and FM Ishaq Dar speaks during a NA session on October 3, 2025. — X@NAofPakistan
    • Pact would have treated India’s strikes an attack on KSA: Dar.
    • More nations wish to sign defence pact with Pakistan: Dar.
    • DPM Dar hopes Pakistan will lead 57 Islamic nations in future.

    ISLAMABAD: Deputy Prime Minister (DPM) and Foreign Minister Ishaq Dar on Friday asserted that Pakistan’s defence pact with Saudi Arabia has the potential to evolve into an Eastern North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (Nato) if more nations decide to join it.

    “Our defence pact with Saudi Arabia is significant. More countries now want to sign a similar agreement with us,” he said while speaking during a National Assembly session.

    Islamabad and Riyadh signed a “Strategic Mutual Defence Agreement” on September 17, pledging that any attack on either nation would be treated as an act of aggression against both.

    Stressing the significance of the pact, DPM Dar said that several Arab and Muslim nations have expressed their wish to sign such an agreement with Pakistan.

    The deputy prime minister was of the view that the pact could expand to include other countries, potentially transforming it into a “new Nato or Eastern Nato”.

    “By God’s Will, Pakistan will lead 57 Islamic nations,” he said.

    Recalling India’s aggression against Pakistan in May, the deputy prime minister said that, under the defence pact, such strikes on Pakistan would have been considered as an attack on Saudi Arabia.

    ‘Trump’s 20-point Gaza peace plan not ours’

    During the speech, DPM Dar also said that the 20-point Gaza peace plan announced by US President Donald Trump was different from the draft proposed by the Muslim countries, including Pakistan.

    “The 20-point [Gaza peace plan] made public by President Trump is truly not ours and changes have been made to our draft,” he said.

    Trump’s peace plan includes a ceasefire, a swap of hostages held by Hamas for Palestinian prisoners in Israeli custody, a phased Israeli withdrawal from Gaza, Hamas disarmament, and the establishment of a transitional government under an international body.

    However, Pakistan has distanced itself from President Trump’s plan, with DPM Dar previously clarifying that the proposal was not the one that contained all of Pakistan’s suggestions.

    While expressing his concerns on the Trump-led peace draft, Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) leader and former National Assembly speaker Asad Qaiser said that any agreement excluding the Palestinians would be rejected.

    In his address during the NA session, the senior PTI leader regretted Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif’s endorsement of Trump’s peace plan for Gaza.

    “Our prime minister had accepted all conditions even before Trump’s points came out,” he added.

    Qaiser demanded that PM Shehbaz apologise to the nation for committing “injustice to the Palestinians”.

    He also questioned the incumbent government’s decision to agree to Trump’s Gaza plan without discussing it in parliament.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    22febdm@gmail.com
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Fazl announces ‘united opposition’ after meeting Achakzai, Qaiser

    August 20, 2026

    Foreign scammers operating from Pakistan target people worldwide: sources

    August 20, 2026

    No deadline on shifting Imran to hospital, awaiting SC order on review plea: PM’s aide

    August 20, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Demo
    Our Picks
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    Don't Miss
    Entertainment

    Yahya Abdul-Mateen II calls out Marvel over ‘Wonder Man’

    By 22febdm@gmail.comAugust 20, 20260

    Yahya Abdul-Mateen II calls out Marvel over ‘Wonder Man’Yahya Abdul Mateen II is questioning Marvel’s…

    Prince Harry plans return to UK with family after six years

    August 20, 2026

    Bangladesh lawmakers elect BNP veteran Alamgir as President

    August 20, 2026

    Spanish police evict hundreds of migrants from Ceuta beach to shelters | Migration

    August 20, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    22Media
    Facebook Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    © 2026 22Media. Designed by AleemSoft Hub.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?