Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Bradley Cooper, Monica Barbaro spotted filming ‘Ocean’s Eleven’ prequel

    August 18, 2026

    Bolivia arrests political adviser to Latin American right-wingers | Crime News

    August 18, 2026

    Matthew Rhys on Welsh-language Star Wars: ‘I can’t voice Harrison Ford’

    August 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Login
    22Media22Media
    Subscribe
    • Home
    • News
      • Pakistan News
      • World News
      • Amazing News
      • Only On 22
    • Sports
    • Bussiness
    • Innovation
      • Health & Sciences
      • Technology
    • Culture
      • Crime & Justice
      • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Magazines
    • Weather
    • Video
    • Live
    22Media22Media
    Home»Culture»Entertainment»Snoop Dogg’s Grand Final gig sparks controversy: Source
    Entertainment

    Snoop Dogg’s Grand Final gig sparks controversy: Source

    22febdm@gmail.comBy 22febdm@gmail.comAugust 26, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Snoop Doggs Grand Final gig sparks controversy: Source
    Snoop Dogg’s Grand Final gig sparks controversy: Source

    The AFL’s decision to book US rap icon Snoop Dogg for this year’s Grand Final halftime show has sparked heated debate, with critics questioning the league’s commitment to its values.

    While some fans are excited to see the Gin and Juice star perform at the MCG, others argue his history of controversial lyrics clashes with the AFL’s pledge to respect women.

    Entertainment reporter Peter Ford offered a fresh perspective on the move during his appearance on 3AW Breakfast with Ross and Russell on Monday, suggesting the performance is less about football and more about publicity.

    According to Daily Mail, Ford claimed, “I’m told it is directly related to this TV series which is being made by Amazon Prime all about the premiership season,” referring to a new AFL docuseries slated for release in 2026.

    Meanwhile, Ford argued that Snoop Dogg’s global profile will bring international attention to the documentary, even if the choice risks backlash.

    Moreover, he said, “By having Snoop Dogg there, it will get international attention for the doco series. That’s why they were willing to bite the bullet and cop all the backlash.” 

    As per the publication, the veteran journalist described the rapper as an “unusual choice,” noting the AFL usually books acts with anthemic songs that fire up the crowd. 

    He added the league is “happy to carry the baggage” attached to Snoop’s controversial reputation in exchange for the exposure.

    Furthermore, the upcoming Amazon Prime series—produced by the team behind F1: Drive to Survive and Tour de France: Unchained—will chronicle the 2025 AFL Premiership season and is expected to reach a global audience in 2026.

    Meanwhile, AFL CEO Andrew Dillon has defended the league’s decision, stressing that the $2 million deal reflects Snoop Dogg’s status today rather than past controversies. 

    In regards to this, Dillon said last week, “We cannot vouch for every lyric in every song ever written or performed by any artist.” 

    The announcement continues to divide opinion, with some pundits—including former AFL star Brendan Fevola—predicting Snoop may even be dropped in favor of a homegrown artist amid the ongoing backlash.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    22febdm@gmail.com
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Bradley Cooper, Monica Barbaro spotted filming ‘Ocean’s Eleven’ prequel

    August 18, 2026

    Matthew Rhys on Welsh-language Star Wars: ‘I can’t voice Harrison Ford’

    August 18, 2026

    Taylor Swift fans disappointed over SOTY snub at VMAs

    August 18, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Demo
    Our Picks
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    Don't Miss
    Entertainment

    Bradley Cooper, Monica Barbaro spotted filming ‘Ocean’s Eleven’ prequel

    By 22febdm@gmail.comAugust 18, 20260

    Bradley Cooper, Monica Barbaro spotted filming ‘Ocean’s Eleven’ prequel Bradley Cooper and Monica Barbaro were spotted…

    Bolivia arrests political adviser to Latin American right-wingers | Crime News

    August 18, 2026

    Matthew Rhys on Welsh-language Star Wars: ‘I can’t voice Harrison Ford’

    August 18, 2026

    Trump administration moves to end rule protecting swaths of forest land | Environment News

    August 18, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    22Media
    Facebook Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    © 2026 22Media. Designed by AleemSoft Hub.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?