Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Heavy rain lashes Islamabad, Rawalpindi as flood-warning sirens wail

    August 19, 2026

    Olivia Rodrigo’s VMAs snub wreaks havoc on social media

    August 19, 2026

    What’s behind Israel’s latest attack on Syria? | News

    August 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Login
    22Media22Media
    Subscribe
    • Home
    • News
      • Pakistan News
      • World News
      • Amazing News
      • Only On 22
    • Sports
    • Bussiness
    • Innovation
      • Health & Sciences
      • Technology
    • Culture
      • Crime & Justice
      • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Magazines
    • Weather
    • Video
    • Live
    22Media22Media
    Home»News»Pakistan News»Govt ensuring safe, smooth travel for pilgrims to Iraq, Iran: Khawaja Asif
    Pakistan News

    Govt ensuring safe, smooth travel for pilgrims to Iraq, Iran: Khawaja Asif

    22febdm@gmail.comBy 22febdm@gmail.comAugust 5, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Defence Minister Khawaja Asif is addressing the National Assembly session on June 20, 2024. — APP
    Defence Minister Khawaja Asif is addressing the National Assembly session on June 20, 2024. — APP
    • Khawaja Asif says govt aims to ease pilgrim journey.
    • Says land travel banned due to serious security concerns.
    • All licenced private airlines allowed to provide services, he adds.

    ISLAMABAD: Defence Minister Khawaja Asif has said that the government is taking all necessary measures to facilitate pilgrims travelling to Iran and Iraq for Arbaeen.

    Speaking in the National Assembly, the defence minister emphasised that the safety and convenience of the pilgrims remain a top priority, and relevant departments have been directed to ensure smooth arrangements throughout the journey.

    He informed the House that the government had restricted overland travel along the 800-kilometre route from Quetta due to serious security concerns, particularly the threat of terrorist attacks targeting pilgrim convoys.

    To mitigate these risks, the federal government authorised the Balochistan government to operate direct flights from Quetta, allowing pilgrims to travel safely by air to their destinations.

    The minister informed the House that one such flight had already been launched, and the government was pressing for more — either two flights daily or at least one regular service—to meet demand.

    He said arrangements had also been made for onward transportation from airports in Iran and Iraq to the pilgrims’ intended sites.

    He added that advertisements had been published over the past four days inviting private carriers to operate on the route, and all licenced private airlines had been allowed to provide services.

    Chartered flights had also been approved to maximise the number of pilgrims able to travel safely.

    Khawaja Asif said these measures were aimed at offering maximum facilities while avoiding the security hazards of road travel.

    He urged potential operators and the market to take full advantage of the permissions granted.

    The minister further said that during the recent visit of the Iranian president to Pakistan, the matter had also been discussed, and Iran had allowed an additional flight to facilitate the movement of Pakistani pilgrims.

    “I want to assure the House and the people across Pakistan that the government is fully committed to ensuring safe, comfortable, and timely transportation for all Arbaeen pilgrims,” he added.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    22febdm@gmail.com
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Heavy rain lashes Islamabad, Rawalpindi as flood-warning sirens wail

    August 19, 2026

    Pakistan extends airspace ban on Indian aircraft until Sept 24

    August 19, 2026

    Torrential rain wreaks havoc in Rawalpindi, Islamabad as Nullah Lai rises

    August 19, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Demo
    Our Picks
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    Don't Miss
    Pakistan News

    Heavy rain lashes Islamabad, Rawalpindi as flood-warning sirens wail

    By 22febdm@gmail.comAugust 19, 20260

    A view of Nullah Lai touching Gowalmandi bridge during heavy monsoon rains in Rawalpindi July…

    Olivia Rodrigo’s VMAs snub wreaks havoc on social media

    August 19, 2026

    What’s behind Israel’s latest attack on Syria? | News

    August 19, 2026

    Pakistan extends airspace ban on Indian aircraft until Sept 24

    August 19, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    22Media
    Facebook Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    © 2026 22Media. Designed by AleemSoft Hub.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?