Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Thousands flee Sudan’s Kordofan fighting for relative safety of El Obeid | Conflict News

    August 23, 2026

    Andrew Garfield reveals his ‘secret’ obsession

    August 23, 2026

    Iran war live: Tehran warns neighbours against joining US economic war | Conflict News

    August 23, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Login
    22Media22Media
    Subscribe
    • Home
    • News
      • Pakistan News
      • World News
      • Amazing News
      • Only On 22
    • Sports
    • Bussiness
    • Innovation
      • Health & Sciences
      • Technology
    • Culture
      • Crime & Justice
      • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Magazines
    • Weather
    • Video
    • Live
    22Media22Media
    Home»News»World News»Israel’s cabinet approves sacking of Shin Bet chief amid protests | Israel-Palestine conflict News
    World News

    Israel’s cabinet approves sacking of Shin Bet chief amid protests | Israel-Palestine conflict News

    22febdm@gmail.comBy 22febdm@gmail.comMarch 21, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Ronen Bar will end his term on April 10 or as soon as his replacement is appointed, Prime Minister’s Office says.

    Israel’s cabinet has approved the sacking of the head of the domestic security agency, endorsing Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s controversial proposal to oust the intelligence chief over a lack of trust.

    Shin Bet chief Ronen Bar will end his term on April 10 or as soon as his permanent replacement is appointed, the Prime Minister’s Office said in a statement earlier on Friday.

    Bar, who has led the internal security service since 2021, declined to attend the cabinet meeting about his position.

    In a letter circulated by Shin Bet, Bar accused the government of being motivated by “improper considerations” and “personal and institutional conflicts of interest of the highest order”.

    The move comes after Netanyahu said on Sunday that he would bring a vote on Bar’s dismissal to cabinet due to his “ongoing distrust” of the security official.

    Netanyahu and Bar have been at loggerheads for months amid tensions over a bribery investigation focused on the prime minister’s office and recriminations over the failure to prevent Hamas’s October 7, 2023 attacks.

    Bar said in his letter that his ouster was motivated by a desire to halt the “pursuit of truth” about the events leading up to October 7.

    Shin Bet earlier this month released a report that acknowledged it should have thwarted Hamas, while criticising Netanyahu for helping to create the conditions for the attacks.

    Netanyahu’s proposal to dismiss the security chief prompted condemnation from opposition parties and renewed protests by Israelis opposed to his right-wing government.

    On Thursday, police fired water cannon and made at least 12 arrests following clashes with demonstrators in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    22febdm@gmail.com
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Thousands flee Sudan’s Kordofan fighting for relative safety of El Obeid | Conflict News

    August 23, 2026

    Iran war live: Tehran warns neighbours against joining US economic war | Conflict News

    August 23, 2026

    Stricter US sanctions threaten deeper economic strain as Iran keeps Hormuz traffic in check

    August 23, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Demo
    Our Picks
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    Don't Miss
    World News

    Thousands flee Sudan’s Kordofan fighting for relative safety of El Obeid | Conflict News

    By 22febdm@gmail.comAugust 23, 20260

    Tens of thousands have been displaced across Sudan’s Kordofan region as fighting intensifies between the…

    Andrew Garfield reveals his ‘secret’ obsession

    August 23, 2026

    Iran war live: Tehran warns neighbours against joining US economic war | Conflict News

    August 23, 2026

    Stricter US sanctions threaten deeper economic strain as Iran keeps Hormuz traffic in check

    August 23, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    22Media
    Facebook Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    © 2026 22Media. Designed by AleemSoft Hub.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?