Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Iran warns nearby nations against joining US ‘economic war’ efforts | Conflict News

    August 23, 2026

    Scarlett Johansson shares a surprising beauty secret at 41

    August 22, 2026

    Tropical Storm Moke advances towards Hawaii with heavy rain, strong winds | Weather News

    August 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Login
    22Media22Media
    Subscribe
    • Home
    • News
      • Pakistan News
      • World News
      • Amazing News
      • Only On 22
    • Sports
    • Bussiness
    • Innovation
      • Health & Sciences
      • Technology
    • Culture
      • Crime & Justice
      • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Magazines
    • Weather
    • Video
    • Live
    22Media22Media
    Home»News»World News»Malaysia agrees terms for restarting MH370 wreckage search
    World News

    Malaysia agrees terms for restarting MH370 wreckage search

    22febdm@gmail.comBy 22febdm@gmail.comMarch 20, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Families of passengers from both China and Malaysia, who were aboard the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370, are seen during a remembrance event commemorating the 10th anniversary of its disappearance, in Subang Jaya, Malaysia March 3, 2024. — Reuters
    Families of passengers from both China and Malaysia, who were aboard the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370, are seen during a remembrance event commemorating the 10th anniversary of its disappearance, in Subang Jaya, Malaysia March 3, 2024. — Reuters
    • Vanishing of flight MH370 remains world’s greatest aviation mysteries.
    • Ocean Infinity will receive $70 million if wreckage is successfully located.
    • Govt says committed to providing closure for families of MH370 passengers.

    KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia has agreed to terms and conditions of an agreement with exploration firm Ocean Infinity to resume the search for the wreckage of the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370, its transport minister said on Wednesday.

    Flight MH370, a Boeing 777, was carrying 227 passengers and 12 crew when it vanished en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing in 2014 in one of the world’s greatest aviation mysteries.

    The decision will enable commencement of seabed search operations in a new location estimated to cover 15,000 sq km (5,790 sq miles) in the southern Indian Ocean, based on a “no find, no fee” principle, minister Loke Siew Fook said.

    Ocean Infinity will receive $70 million if the wreckage is successfully located, he said.

    “The government is committed to continuing the search operation and providing closure for the families of the MH370 passengers,” Loke said in a statement.

    The government in December said it had agreed in principle with Ocean Infinity’s proposal to resume the hunt for MH370. The firm had conducted the last search for the plane that ended in 2018 but failed on two attempts.

    Those followed an underwater search by Malaysia, Australia and China in a 120,000 sq km (46,332 sq mile) area of the southern Indian Ocean, based on data of automatic connections between an Inmarsat satellite and the plane.

    A ship that will look for the missing plane was deployed to its Indian Ocean search zone late last month, ship tracking data showed, even though a deal had yet to be signed with the government.

    It was not immediately clear how long the search contract with Ocean Infinity would be. Loke had previously said it would cover an 18-month period.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    22febdm@gmail.com
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Iran warns nearby nations against joining US ‘economic war’ efforts | Conflict News

    August 23, 2026

    Tropical Storm Moke advances towards Hawaii with heavy rain, strong winds | Weather News

    August 22, 2026

    Real Madrid beat Espanyol 2-1 in Jose Mourinho’s first game on return | Football News

    August 22, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Demo
    Our Picks
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    Don't Miss
    World News

    Iran warns nearby nations against joining US ‘economic war’ efforts | Conflict News

    By 22febdm@gmail.comAugust 23, 20260

    The warning comes as US President Donald Trump threatens to isolate Iran economically, to weaken…

    Scarlett Johansson shares a surprising beauty secret at 41

    August 22, 2026

    Tropical Storm Moke advances towards Hawaii with heavy rain, strong winds | Weather News

    August 22, 2026

    Netflix icon reveals shocking health battle after ‘Outer Banks’

    August 22, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    22Media
    Facebook Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    © 2026 22Media. Designed by AleemSoft Hub.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?