Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    ‘You just can’t trust Trump’: Canadian premiers fire back in trade war | Trade War News

    August 23, 2026

    Hailey Bieber celebrates her ‘sweet baby’ Jack Blues turning 2

    August 23, 2026

    Canada to hit US with retaliatory tariffs as trade war escalates | News

    August 23, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Login
    22Media22Media
    Subscribe
    • Home
    • News
      • Pakistan News
      • World News
      • Amazing News
      • Only On 22
    • Sports
    • Bussiness
    • Innovation
      • Health & Sciences
      • Technology
    • Culture
      • Crime & Justice
      • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Magazines
    • Weather
    • Video
    • Live
    22Media22Media
    Home»News»Pakistan News»President Zardari vows to crush terrorism, ensure lasting peace in Balochistan
    Pakistan News

    President Zardari vows to crush terrorism, ensure lasting peace in Balochistan

    22febdm@gmail.comBy 22febdm@gmail.comMarch 19, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    President Asif Ali Zardari chairs a high-level meeting to review Balochistans law and order situation in Quetta on Wednesday. —APP
    President Asif Ali Zardari chairs a high-level meeting to review Balochistan’s law and order situation in Quetta on Wednesday. —APP
    • Visit comes amid rising terrorism in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Balochistan.
    • Quetta moot also attended by PPP Chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari.
    • CM Balochistan briefs meeting on province’s law and order situation.

    Amid escalating security tensions in Balochistan, President Asif Ali Zardari on Wednesday, during a visit to Quetta, stressed the urgency of decisively winning the “war against terrorism” at all costs.

    The visit comes amid rising terrorism in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Balochistan. Chairing a meeting on the law and order situation in Balochistan, the president underscored the threat posed by terrorists seeking to divide the nation.

    The meeting was attended by Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) Chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari, Acting Governor of Balochistan Captain (retd) Abdul Khaliq Achakzai, Chief Secretary Balochistan Shakeel Qadir Khan, Inspector General of Police Moazzam Jah Ansari, and other senior officials.

    Chief Minister Balochistan Mir Sarfraz Bugti briefed the meeting on the province’s law and order situation. 

    “The situation is clear — the state will continue to exist, and we must win the war against terrorism,” the president remarked.

    Announcing that the government would equip the anti-terrorism wing with the latest weapons, President Zardari reaffirmed that Balochistan was close to their hearts and emphasised the commitment to its development and lasting peace.

    The president said the government aimed to ensure every child in Balochistan was enrolled in school. “It is imperative to make children aware of modern technology,” President Zardari added.

    Last week, Balochistan Liberation Army (BLA) militants sabotaged train tracks and hijacked the Jaffar Express, holding over 440 passengers hostage for a day-long standoff with security forces in Bolan’s remote mountains.

    The military, after clearing the train and rescuing hostages, said it killed 33 attackers. Before the operation began, terrorists had martyred 26 passengers, while four security personnel were martyred during the operation.

    The martyred train passengers included 18 security personnel from the army and the FC, three officials from Pakistan Railways and other departments and five civilians.

    And on Sunday, at least five paramilitaries were martyred in a vehicle-borne suicide attack. The assaults were claimed by the BLA, one of a number of separatist groups operating in Balochistan near the borders with Afghanistan and Iran.

    ‘A war for the existence of future generations’

    A day earlier, Chief of the Army Staff (COAS) General Asim Munir emphasised the need for better governance and transforming Pakistan into a “hard state,” questioning for how long the nation would continue to make innumerable sacrifices in the name of a “soft state.”

    Addressing an in-camera meeting of the Parliamentary Committee on National Security, the army chief said that the ongoing struggle was a war for the existence of present and future generations.

    The committee meeting, chaired by National Assembly Speaker Sardar Ayaz Sadiq, was attended by Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif, members of the parliamentary committee, political leaders, the Army Chief, director generals of the Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI), Military Intelligence (MI), Intelligence Bureau (IB), key federal ministers and senior officials from the military and intelligence agencies.

    Notably, the leadership of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI), Mahmood Khan Achakzai and Akhtar Mengal opted to stay away from the meeting, which was convened on the prime minister’s advice following the terrorist attack on the Jaffar Express.

    General Asim Munir called for all elements of national strength to act in complete harmony for the country’s stability, stating that no agenda, movement or personality was more important than national security.

    “There is no agenda, movement or personality bigger and more important than national security. All elements of national strength must act with complete harmony for the country’s lasting stability,” the COAS said.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    22febdm@gmail.com
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Rawalpindi woman’s ‘brutal’ killing sparks outrage on social media

    August 22, 2026

    Islamabad chief commissioner moves SC for early hearing of plea against Imran’s hospital transfer order

    August 22, 2026

    ‘Zero chance of deal or dheal for Imran Khan’

    August 22, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Demo
    Our Picks
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    Don't Miss
    World News

    ‘You just can’t trust Trump’: Canadian premiers fire back in trade war | Trade War News

    By 22febdm@gmail.comAugust 23, 20260

    Provincial premiers have joined Canada’s Prime Minister Mark Carney, firing back after US President Donald…

    Hailey Bieber celebrates her ‘sweet baby’ Jack Blues turning 2

    August 23, 2026

    Canada to hit US with retaliatory tariffs as trade war escalates | News

    August 23, 2026

    Jessie Cave shares the difficult reason behind her adult site account

    August 23, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    22Media
    Facebook Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    © 2026 22Media. Designed by AleemSoft Hub.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?