Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Mourinho decries alleged bullying of Vinicius in Real’s win at Espanyol | Football News

    August 23, 2026

    Keith Urban gets candid with tears amid Nicole Kidman dating buzz

    August 23, 2026

    Pakistan’s Field Marshal Asim Munir will visit Tehran for key bilateral talks

    August 23, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Login
    22Media22Media
    Subscribe
    • Home
    • News
      • Pakistan News
      • World News
      • Amazing News
      • Only On 22
    • Sports
    • Bussiness
    • Innovation
      • Health & Sciences
      • Technology
    • Culture
      • Crime & Justice
      • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Magazines
    • Weather
    • Video
    • Live
    22Media22Media
    Home»Culture»Entertainment»Kanye West addresses UK festival backlash in letter: ‘Words aren’t enough’
    Entertainment

    Kanye West addresses UK festival backlash in letter: ‘Words aren’t enough’

    22febdm@gmail.comBy 22febdm@gmail.comApril 7, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Kanye West addresses UK festival backlash in letter: 'Words aren't enough'
    Major sponsors have pulled out of the event as officials including UK Prime Minister condemn the festival

    Kanye West is asking for a second chance as calls are made to ban him from a UK music festival.

    On Tuesday, April 7, the rapper — who now goes by Ye — addressed the extreme backlash after he was announced as the headlining act for all three days of the Wireless Festival in London’s Finsbury Park in July.

    The backlash is over Ye’s recent anti-Semitic behaviour, including releasing a song last year called Heil Hitler. Major sponsors, including Pepsi and Diageo, have pulled out, and UK Prime Minister Keir Starmer called the decision “deeply concerning.”

    In a letter addressed to “Those I’ve Hurt,” Ye asked the Jewish community for “an opportunity to meet” them and make amends for his actions.

    “My only goal is to come to London and present a show of change, bringing unity, peace, and love through music,” he wrote. “I would be grateful for the opportunity to meet with members of the Jewish community in the UK in person, to listen. I know words aren’t enough – I’ll have to show change through my actions. If you’re open, I’m here. With love, Ye”

    Kanye West addresses UK festival backlash in letter: Words arent enough

    In January, the Grammy-winner – who was diagnosed with bipolar disorder in 2016 – issued a public apology via the Wall Street Journal. “I lost touch with reality. Things got worse the longer I ignored the problem. I said and did things I deeply regret.”

    In response, President of the Board of Deputies of British Jews Phil Rosenberg said “we are willing to meet Kanye West as part of his journey of healing, but only after he agrees not to play the Wireless Festival for this year.” The Campaign Against Antisemitism (CAA) echoed that sentiment, adding that they will organise a “mass demonstration” outside of Wireless Festival if Ye’s concerts go ahead.

    Meanwhile, managing Director of Wireless Melvin Benn has said that Ye’s comments “about Jews and Hitler” were “abhorrent,” but “giving people a second chance [is] becoming a lost virtue in this ever-increasing divisive world.” 

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    22febdm@gmail.com
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Keith Urban gets candid with tears amid Nicole Kidman dating buzz

    August 23, 2026

    Hayden Panettiere’s mom makes shocking claim about actress’ death

    August 23, 2026

    Christine McGuinness says living without Paddy will feel ‘strange’

    August 23, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Demo
    Our Picks
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    Don't Miss
    World News

    Mourinho decries alleged bullying of Vinicius in Real’s win at Espanyol | Football News

    By 22febdm@gmail.comAugust 23, 20260

    ‘Vinicius is no saint, but what they’re doing to him was ​too much,’ Mourinho said…

    Keith Urban gets candid with tears amid Nicole Kidman dating buzz

    August 23, 2026

    Pakistan’s Field Marshal Asim Munir will visit Tehran for key bilateral talks

    August 23, 2026

    How the deadliest Bundibugyo Ebola outbreak can be stopped | Ebola

    August 23, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    22Media
    Facebook Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    © 2026 22Media. Designed by AleemSoft Hub.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?