Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    PTI lauds SC order on Imran Khan, urges workers not to gather outside hospital

    August 18, 2026

    Inside Blake Lively’s rare message after dealing with legal chaos: ‘Be kind’

    August 18, 2026

    Comfort footwear company steps into lifestyle

    August 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Login
    22Media22Media
    Subscribe
    • Home
    • News
      • Pakistan News
      • World News
      • Amazing News
      • Only On 22
    • Sports
    • Bussiness
    • Innovation
      • Health & Sciences
      • Technology
    • Culture
      • Crime & Justice
      • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Magazines
    • Weather
    • Video
    • Live
    22Media22Media
    Home»Innovation»Technology»Geopolitical tensions force F1 to skip key Middle East rounds
    Technology

    Geopolitical tensions force F1 to skip key Middle East rounds

    22febdm@gmail.comBy 22febdm@gmail.comMarch 15, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Formula One has pulled the plug on the Bahrain and Saudi Arabian Grands Prix, originally scheduled for April, citing escalating geopolitical tensions in the Middle East.

    The cancellations slash the 2026 calendar from 24 to 22 races, with no immediate plans for rescheduling due to logistical and weather constraints.

    “Although a very difficult call, prioritizing the safety of our teams and personnel was non-negotiable given the current situation in the Middle East,” said Formula One CEO Stefano Domenicali.

    The Sakhir Circuit in Bahrain was set to host the fourth round on April 12, followed by the Jeddah Corniche Circuit a week later, both traditionally night races under the floodlights, drawing huge global audiences.

    The cancellations come as Iranian missile and drone attacks continue across the region, while US and Israeli operations intensify.

    Bahrain, home to the US Navy’s Fifth Fleet, faced increasing risk, particularly in Manama, where F1 personnel would have been housed. Airport closures and threats to the Strait of Hormuz, a key trade route, made logistics virtually impossible.

    With the freight deadline for Bahrain looming on March 20, organizers had little room to maneuver. Following the current round in Shanghai, China, and the next in Japan on March 29, the Miami Grand Prix on May 3 now becomes the next race a rare five-week gap that could prove crucial for teams like Aston Martin to fine-tune their cars.

    The FIA stressed that safety was paramount. “After careful deliberation and consultation with Liberty Media, local promoters, and FIA member clubs, the decision was made to leave April blank,” said FIA President Mohammed Ben Sulayem.

    Supporting events, including Formula Two, Formula Three, and the F1 Academy, have also been cancelled in the Middle East.

    “Safety of the racing community comes first,” Ben Sulayem added. “We look forward to returning to Bahrain and Saudi Arabia as soon as stability allows.”

    The Bahrain and Jeddah races are critical revenue drivers, with Bahrain’s hosting fees estimated at $45 million annually, and Saudi Arabia’s likely even higher.

    Bahrain previously lost its 2011 Grand Prix due to civil unrest, while Jeddah has faced prior threats, including missile attacks in 2022, yet races went ahead after stringent safety measures.

    Both events are major investors in the sport, with Bahrain’s Mumtalakat sovereign wealth fund backing McLaren, and Saudi oil giant Aramco sponsoring Aston Martin.

    Saudi Sports Minister Prince Abdulaziz Bin Turki Al-Faisal stated: “We fully respect F1 and the FIA’s decision. The Kingdom was prepared to host the races and remains committed to welcoming Formula One back safely.”

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    22febdm@gmail.com
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Williams sisters’ long-awaited reunion ends in defeat

    August 18, 2026

    UK-backed project aims to cut Punjab’s smog by turning crop waste into coal substitute

    August 18, 2026

    AI agents are now hacking each other

    August 18, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Demo
    Our Picks
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    Don't Miss
    Pakistan News

    PTI lauds SC order on Imran Khan, urges workers not to gather outside hospital

    By 22febdm@gmail.comAugust 18, 20260

    PTI Chairman Gohar Khan talks to the media as he arrives to attend a hearing…

    Inside Blake Lively’s rare message after dealing with legal chaos: ‘Be kind’

    August 18, 2026

    Comfort footwear company steps into lifestyle

    August 18, 2026

    Williams sisters’ long-awaited reunion ends in defeat

    August 18, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    22Media
    Facebook Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    © 2026 22Media. Designed by AleemSoft Hub.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?