Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    David Krumholtz drops shocking Hollywood career announcement

    August 19, 2026

    Islamabad jolted by strong earthquake tremors

    August 19, 2026

    GTA 6 leak sparks fan frenzy days before Netflix reveal

    August 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Login
    22Media22Media
    Subscribe
    • Home
    • News
      • Pakistan News
      • World News
      • Amazing News
      • Only On 22
    • Sports
    • Bussiness
    • Innovation
      • Health & Sciences
      • Technology
    • Culture
      • Crime & Justice
      • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Magazines
    • Weather
    • Video
    • Live
    22Media22Media
    Home»Innovation»Technology»ICC replaces Bangladesh with Scotland for T20 World Cup
    Technology

    ICC replaces Bangladesh with Scotland for T20 World Cup

    22febdm@gmail.comBy 22febdm@gmail.comJanuary 24, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    KARACHI: The International Cricket Council (ICC) has decided to include Scotland in the ICC T20 World Cup 2026, replacing Bangladesh, following the latter’s refusal to play matches in India.

    According to Indian media reports, the decision was taken after Bangladesh declined to tour India for the tournament.

    The ICC had earlier granted the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) a 24-hour deadline to resolve the issue, but the matter remained unsettled within the given timeframe.

    Sources revealed that the ICC Chief Executive informed the ICC Board in writing on Saturday morning that Bangladesh’s demands were not in line with ICC policies.

    The letter stated that Bangladesh failed to comply with the ICC Board’s decision, prompting the council to take final action.

    The same communication was also sent to BCB President Aminul Islam, who is a member of the ICC Board.

    Meanwhile, the ICC has formally extended an invitation to Cricket Scotland to participate in the tournament. However, no immediate response has been issued by Cricket Scotland’s Chief Executive.

    Sources said Scotland was selected based on its strong performances in previous ICC events and its current ICC men’s T20I ranking of 14th.

    In the 2024 T20 World Cup, Scotland finished third in Group B, while in the 2021 edition, the Scottish side stunned the cricketing world by defeating Bangladesh — a result still remembered as one of the tournament’s biggest upsets.

    On the other hand, Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) Chairman Mohsin Naqvi has stated that the decision to send the national team to the T20 World Cup will be taken by the government.

    Talking to the media in the provincial capital, Mohsin Naqvi said that the PCB’s stance would remain fully aligned with the government’s position.

    He added that the final decision regarding Pakistan’s participation in the T20 World Cup would be made by the government, and that the board is awaiting Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif’s return to the country.

    “We are not answerable to the ICC; we are answerable to our own government,” the PCB chairman said.

    Mohsin Naqvi emphasized that no single country has the authority to dictate terms to others. He recalled that during the ICC meeting, Pakistan clearly stated that there should be no double standards.

    “If the government decides that the team should not play, then they can bring in a 22nd team,” he remarked.

    He further said that the PCB has Plan A, Plan B, and Plan C in place, reiterating that no country should be allowed to dominate decisions. He added that Bangladesh’s situation is similar to that of Pakistan and India.

    Questioning the policy, he said that if Pakistan and India are allowed to play under a hybrid model, then Bangladesh should also be granted the same facility.

    “Bangladesh must be included in the World Cup under all circumstances,” he added.

    The PCB chairman also claimed that Pakistani players had been subjected to fraud, stating that the board would contact the relevant parties and resolve the issue accordingly.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    22febdm@gmail.com
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Pakistan set for exciting ODI tri-series

    August 19, 2026

    Gaza deadliest place for aid workers as global attacks reach record high, UN says

    August 19, 2026

    Pakistan’s hybrid & PHEV market heats up as automakers absorb tax hikes to slash prices

    August 19, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Demo
    Our Picks
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    Don't Miss
    Entertainment

    David Krumholtz drops shocking Hollywood career announcement

    By 22febdm@gmail.comAugust 19, 20260

    David Krumholtz drops shocking Hollywood career announcementDavid Krumholtz has spent decades building an impressive Hollywood…

    Islamabad jolted by strong earthquake tremors

    August 19, 2026

    GTA 6 leak sparks fan frenzy days before Netflix reveal

    August 19, 2026

    Pakistan set for exciting ODI tri-series

    August 19, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    22Media
    Facebook Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    © 2026 22Media. Designed by AleemSoft Hub.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?