Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Former Australia batter David Warner convicted, fined for drink-driving

    August 18, 2026

    Nicola Coughlan shares sweet relationship secret with boyfriend Jake Dunn

    August 18, 2026

    Karachi braces for drizzle as rain sweeps other cities

    August 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Login
    22Media22Media
    Subscribe
    • Home
    • News
      • Pakistan News
      • World News
      • Amazing News
      • Only On 22
    • Sports
    • Bussiness
    • Innovation
      • Health & Sciences
      • Technology
    • Culture
      • Crime & Justice
      • Entertainment
    • Politics
    • Magazines
    • Weather
    • Video
    • Live
    22Media22Media
    Home»News»Pakistan News»‘State within a state’ established in Karachi on Sindh Culture Day, says MQM-P leader
    Pakistan News

    ‘State within a state’ established in Karachi on Sindh Culture Day, says MQM-P leader

    22febdm@gmail.comBy 22febdm@gmail.comDecember 10, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Muttahida Qaumi Movement-Pakistan leader Farooq Sattar addressing press conference in Karachi on December 10, 2025. — Geo News Live
    Muttahida Qaumi Movement-Pakistan leader Farooq Sattar addressing press conference in Karachi on December 10, 2025. — Geo News Live
    • Incidents of unrest, rioting took place in Karachi on Dec 7: Sattar.
    • Sattar condemns police confrontation, and incidents of violence.
    • MQM-P leader says conspiracy to create conflict underway.

    In a fresh jibe at ruling Pakistan People’s Party (PPP), Muttahida Qaumi Movement-Pakistan (MQM-P) leader Farooq Sattar criticised the recent orgaisation of Sindhi Culture Day in the province, saying that a “state within a state” was established on Karachi’s main roads in the name of the festival.

    Speaking at a press conference alongside leader of the opposition in the Sindh Assembly Ali Khurshidi and other MQM-P leaders, Sattar said that under the guise of Sindhi Culture Day, incidents of unrest, rioting and violence took place on Karachi’s roads and at various locations on December 7.

    He said public and private property was damaged, expressions of hostility towards the country were made, and weapons were openly displayed.

    Sattar, who is also a member of the National Assembly on the treasury benches, described the incidents as shameful and regrettable, saying they deserved strong condemnation in criticism of the ruling ally.

    He said that the law of state was violated in the name of celebrating culture as if “Sindhu Desh” had been declared.

    Sattar condemned the police confrontation, and incidents where several people were injured. He said the acts were frightening and dangerous, and that the cases registered against these incidents include offences of terrorism, attempted murder and other sections.

    The MQM-P leader said he had expected a response from the Sindh government on the entire episode. He said the spokesperson of the Sindh government reacts to minor matters, yet no reaction was issued on this incident. 

    He added that the court’s attitude regarding those arrested red-handed was also evident, claiming that when the suspects were produced before the court, the court “fought their case itself”, leaving them with no need for a lawyer, and most of the detainees were released.

    He said participants of the rally used abusive language against the Sindh Governor Kamran Tessori, and upon reaching the Governor House, their aim was to target the governor himself. He said the dignity of the governor was toyed with and threats were issued against his family, yet the courts remained silent.

    Sattar said Pakistan’s integrity was challenged, Karachi’s peace was disrupted, and a conspiracy to create conflict was underway. He urged the Sindh government to ensure no one takes the law into their own hands. He demanded that the Sindh High Court (SHC) take suo motu notice, form a commission, and investigate the incident.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    22febdm@gmail.com
    • Website

    Related Posts

    ISPR tears apart ‘Bollywood-style’ Op Sindoor documentary, says India cannot rewrite defeat

    August 17, 2026

    Pakistan rejects Indian home minister’s allegations linking Islamabad to arrests in India

    August 17, 2026

    Pakistan assumes presidency of UN Conference on Disarmament

    August 17, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Demo
    Our Picks
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    Don't Miss
    Sports

    Former Australia batter David Warner convicted, fined for drink-driving

    By 22febdm@gmail.comAugust 18, 20260

    Australia’s David Warner fields during the ICC Cricket World Cup match against England at Narendra…

    Nicola Coughlan shares sweet relationship secret with boyfriend Jake Dunn

    August 18, 2026

    Karachi braces for drizzle as rain sweeps other cities

    August 18, 2026

    Yungblud shares concert plans with fans after latest leg injury

    August 18, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

    22Media
    Facebook Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    • Home
    • Politics
    • News
    • Magazines
    © 2026 22Media. Designed by AleemSoft Hub.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Sign In or Register

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below.

    Lost password?